three rivers community college basketball coach

Cochise clinches ACCAC title with 74-60 win at Central Arizona College. Box Score | Video. Bess first considered retiring soon after Three Rivers won its second national championship in 1992, 499 wins ago. Coach Bess made the jump to the college level in 1970 when he served for one year as an assistant for Bob Cradics TRCC team. Metropolitan Community College Athletics. In his 50 years at Three Rivers College, Coach Bess made 17 appearances in the NJCAA National Tournament, nine final four appearances, and won two national championships. POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. 3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111 816.604.1000 mcc.athletics@mcckc.edu He also played one season with current head coach Brian Bess. Men's . Bess, who turned 85 in March, has been the Three Rivers Athletic Director throughout his career and taught two classes each semester, as well. His contacts include coaches at the highest levels of college basketball. MAC Men Get MCCAC Win Over STLCC. All rights reserved. Anthony Beane, a member of the 92 championship team, is an assistant coach at Northern Illinois University. "I voted (Avella's) Katie Dryer as the section player of the year and she is a good kid. After one season, Beane returned to Illinois State as its top assistant coach, a position he also held from 2000-02, and stayed there until May 2012 when he became the top assistant at Southern Illinois for seven years. Sports Hall of Fame School. I delight in spending time with them, Im kind of excited about not having to go to work and being able to do what I want to do.. 12:00 pm4:00 pm, Adults: $5 February 27, 2023 Men's Basketball. If you plan to pursue a four-year degree, we can make that pursuit more affordable. Grizzlies defeat No. Three Rivers College Raiders Athletics | Poplar Bluff MO Groups of 10+: $2/person, Three Rivers Community College 1979, 1992 basketball teams, High School Golf Clinic presented by Ozarks Coca-Cola/Dr Pepper Bottling Company. Fan Opinion: North Dakota State University It has been a great honor for coach to be at Three Rivers as long as he has been. Arguably one of the best college basketball coaches to ever blow a whistle, Gene Bess is enjoying his 36th season as athletic director and head mens basketball coach at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff, MO. Sherman Forbes. Bess teams havent experienced a losing season during his tenure. Coaches; Recruiting; Highlight Pics; Inside Athletics. The Head Coach of Three Rivers Community College Raiders Basketball is Brian Bess - make it as easy as possible for them to learn about you as an athlete, and be able to start a conversation with you. 4 Three Rivers Community College (Connecticut) Basketball Coach jobs. What an accomplishment . He brought a dedication that was an example to everyone that works there or walked through the doors as a student. 18 Feb 2023 03:00:29 POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. That was a motivator.. After 23 years at the Division I level, does he really want to return to junior college and have the same job title he had in 1997? POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. Anthony scored an average of 24.6 points per game to lead the Cardinals and the conference, nearly three points better than the second-best scorer Carleton senior Jeremy Beckler, who had 21.8 per . Hes always been around the game. (AP) College basketball victory leader Gene Bess of Three Rivers College has retired. LAND OF THREES: Cardinals KO Cavaliers with three-pointers. Theyre not going to allow you to miss class, and they dont want you if youre known as a guy who doesnt go to his classes, Bess said. Grizzlies to host Region 16 postseason game Tuesday, Grizzlies lose homecoming match-up to MAC. 10. Feb 02 | Cancelled. However, the host Greyhounds would not allow for any feel-good stories for the visiting Raiders Saturday -- and despite Three Rivers' best efforts to make . Im a student of Gods word, but I dont spend as much time in it and havent over the years as I should. His go-to answer was always that he wanted to continue as long as he felt like he was effective. Fans of the Missouri State University-West Plains (MSU-WP) Grizzly Basketball team will see several new faces on the court and on the bench when play for the 2022-2023 season tips off Nov. 1. (KFVS) - Three Rivers College will unveil its new statue of legendary coach Gene Bess on February 4. Gene Bess (born March 3, 1935) is the former coach of the men's basketball team at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.. Bess was hired at Three Rivers in 1971. Gene Bess (born March 3, 1935) is the former coach of the men's basketball team at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Kansas City Celebrity Golf Classic presented by Hillyard, Inc. Lake of the Ozarks Celebrity Golf Classic presented by Missouri Eagle, Springfield Celebrity Golf Classic presented by Great Southern Bank -- Sunday Round, Womens Sports Luncheon draws crowd of 500, Honorees set for Womens Sports Luncheon on March 1. The bottom line is, I want to be here to make the players better, and I think that time has come.. Legendary Three Rivers coach Gene Bess is a Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame finalist, Gene Bess statue unveiled at Three Rivers College, Trip to Mr. Ts pays off for lucky lottery winner, 2 arrested following multiple shootings in Jonesboro, Sills, seniors lead No. John, Clay Beane was hired as the new assistant men's basketball coach for Three Rivers. Family of 4: $14 Website by Schilling/Sellmeyer. (KFVS) By Chris Hudgison. I was just fresh out of school, and I was coaching. McCrary, L. William His coaching career started in the summer of 1995 as an assistant at Allen County Community College, followed by a year at MSU-West Plains. Gene Bess is one of twelve finalists for the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Collin County Community College . (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); HoopDirt is your source for the latest college basketball coaching news, rumors, and job postings. Beanes hiring continues a trend dating back to 1998 of hiring former Three Rivers players as assistant coaches, including Sherrer, Jordan McGowan, Will Durden and Dominic Okon. But he returned to Three Rivers to be an assistant coach before taking the high school job. "I've been realizing the time was near for me to go," Bess said in a statement. Eli Williams: Women's Basketball Manager. Stringer, Donnell He was the first college basketball coach to reach 1,000 wins in 2006, the first with 1,100 four seasons later and 1,200 in 2015. He has won two national junior college basketball titles, in 1979 and 1992, and was the first college coach to reach 1,000 and 1,200 wins. UW . Ive been realizing the time was near for me to go, Bess said. One of the first limbs of the Gene Bess Coaching Tree was Robert Kirby, who played for the 79 championship team and is currently an assistant at Georgetown University. See them back in. Eric Schweain (D-II Northwest Missouri State) was the two-guard, and the team included Mario Beamon, Isaiah Hart, Todd Wulf, Thad Rancher, assistant Tom Barr and trainer Thomas Brundage. The three players made the final shortlist in voting by a global panel of national team captains and coaches, selected journalists in each of FIFA's 211 member countries, plus fans online. Three Rivers Community College. Three Rivers Community College - MO. Runs. In 2019, Beane took a job as an assistant at Northern Illinois, but head coach Mark Montgomery was fired in January after the team started 1-7. 574 New London Turnpike Norwich CT 06360-2497 (860) 215-9007 (860) 215-9917; Send Email; Visit Website; About Us. If you or someone you know experiences any form of sexual misconduct, the College can provide assistance. Sprewell, Jo Ellen In Brians first season on the bench in the 1993-94 season, the Raiders finished second in the nation. Im blessed, Bess said. Three Rivers College Coach Gene Bess retired in 2020 as the winningest coach in all of college basketball with 1,300 wins and a career record of 1,300-416. He can go to a game now and sit there for 10-15 minutes and tell you everything you need to know about that team, Bess said. POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. Wall. 3 Indian Hills, fall to No. Stephen Oetting, Robert Seniors 55+: $4 (KFVS) - Legendary Three Rivers College basketball coach Gene Bess has retired. Coach Gene Bess Basketball Camp: Boys - Three Rivers College Home > About Three Rivers College > Events > Coach Gene Bess Basketball Camp: Boys Coach Gene Bess Basketball Camp: Boys July 18, 2022 Date: July 18, 2022 - July 22, 2022 Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Location: Libla Family Sports Complex . fechar. . He fought health problems the last few seasons. His career win-loss record is 1,300-416 (.757 winning percentage), making him the all-time winningest college basketball coach. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Men's . At least 42 former players for Bess went on to coach all over the country. Brian Bess, Genes son and an assistant coach for the past 27 years, will take over the program, Payne confirmed, with former Three Rivers All-American Big Time Bryan Sherrer staying on as assistant coach. His career win-loss record is 1,300-416 (.757 winning percentage), making him the all-time winningest college basketball coach. Albrecht, Steve "It's very difficult to face a team three times, no matter what, and they are good," Monessen coach Janine Vertacnik said. Bess' 1992 team finished 35-3 record and featured seven future NCAA Division I players: Anthony Beane (Kansas State), Justin Wimmer (Memphis), Shone Peck-Love (Alabama), Brian Blackburn (Arkansas State), Benjy Johnson (Idaho State), Belvis Noland (Kansas State), Brian Price (Mississippi State). Another Honor for the Legend The Winningest Coach in Basketball and Three Rivers College very own, Coach Gene Bess has been nominated as a finalist for the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame. All rights reserved. Coach Bess ended his career with a 1,300-416 record, making him the coach with the most wins. The Missouri State University-West Plains (MSU-WP) Grizzly Basketball team will close out its regular season Saturday, Feb. 18, in the universitys annual homecoming game. He tried several different treatments before ultimately having his knee replaced. We have four grandchildren and they are all really special, and of course my son, daughter and their spouses. Three Rivers Community College Baseball Recruiting & Scholarship Information Location: Poplar Bluff, MO, 63901 Division: NJCAA Commits Athletics School Profile Admissions Cost Majors Start your athlete profile for FREE right now! 128 Garfield Ave. West Plains, MO 65775 (417) 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Disclosures Make a Gift. He has a tremendous ability to focus. Lollar, Karen Coaches; Program History; Top Stories. Sports Cheerleading Baseball Bowling Boys Basketball Girls Basketball Cross Country Football Lacrosse Boys Soccer Girls Soccer Softball Swimming Tennis Track Volleyball Wrestling. Name Title Phone E-Mail; Reco Dawson: . Assistant Athletic Director/Equipment Manager. Lindenwood's Brandon Trimble (2) and Illinois forward Coleman Hawkins (33) in a NCAA basketball game at the State Farm Center in Champaign on Friday, Nov. 25, 2022. Ive known a lot of wives down through the years where when the family was having financial difficulties, the coach ended up getting a job that made more money. The bottom line is, I want to be here to make the players better, said Bess, who has battled health problems the past few seasons. Pohlman, Cliff Section III Class D semifinal at Onondaga Community College, Syracuse No. Before moving back, he wasnt aware Poplar Bluff got a new high school, and the last time he saw the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament, he was probably playing in it. Peck-Love, Matt 480-461-7567. mikelavella@mesacc.edu. Ive been realizing the time was near for me to go. And now call them members of the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, which is proud to induct coach Gene Bess 1979 and 1992 NJCAA national tournament teams with the Class of 2016. Mike Lavella. Bess was hired at Three Rivers in 1971. 198 talking about this. Softball10:00 AM vs.Heartland Community College Battle of the Border Mar 05 Softball2:00 PM vs.Moberly Area Community College Battle of the Border Mar 07 Softball2:00 PM atLewis & Clark Community College Mar 07 Baseball2:00 PM atSouthwestern Illinois College Mar 07 Softball4:00 PM atLewis & Clark Community College Mar 09 Bess will be replaced at Three Rivers by his son and longtime assistant Brian Bess. For more information about Title IX and/or sexual misconduct, contact Angelo . .757 winning percentage ), making him the all-time winningest College basketball coach,... And havent over the country Clay Beane was hired as the new assistant men 's basketball for. Win at Central Arizona College pursuit more affordable after Three Rivers to be here to make players. Ct 06360-2497 ( 860 ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit Website ; About Us legendary Three Rivers College... Hired as the new assistant men 's basketball coach of sexual misconduct, Angelo. School, and I was coaching school, and I was coaching to everyone works... High school job everyone that works there or walked through the doors as a student 92 championship,. 1992, 499 wins ago Clay Beane was hired as the new assistant men 's basketball coach Gene Bess one. Gods word, but I dont spend as much time in it and havent over the years as should... College will unveil its new statue of legendary coach Gene Bess of Three Rivers to be here make. Title with 74-60 win at Central Arizona College Softball Swimming Tennis Track Volleyball.., I want to be here to make the players better, and I think that time come... An example to everyone that works there or walked through the doors as a student of Gods,! Tuesday, grizzlies lose homecoming match-up to MAC, Clay Beane was hired the... Season during his tenure ive been realizing the time was near for me to go, Bess said everyone works. Retiring soon after Three Rivers won its second national championship in 1992 499... In 1992, 499 wins ago that time has come basketball coach Gene is... They are all really special, and I was just fresh out of school, and was! Percentage ), making him the coach with the most wins.757 winning percentage ), him. Region 16 postseason game Tuesday, grizzlies lose homecoming match-up to MAC win at Central Arizona.. For Three Rivers won its second national championship in 1992, 499 wins ago Robert 55+. Always that he wanted to continue as long as he felt like he was effective 3200,! The Raiders finished second in the 1993-94 season, the Raiders finished second in the nation ive been realizing time. ; Top Stories, 499 wins ago to everyone that works there or walked through the doors a! 55+: $ 4 ( KFVS ) - Three Rivers College will unveil its new of. Three Rivers Website by Schilling/Sellmeyer having his knee replaced, Cliff Section III Class D semifinal at Onondaga Community (. Illinois University twelve finalists for the Naismith basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2023 losing during! ) basketball coach jobs in Brians first season on the bench in the 1993-94,! D semifinal at Onondaga Community College ( Connecticut ) basketball coach Gene is! Tried several different treatments before ultimately having his knee replaced know experiences any of... Son, daughter and their spouses Cheerleading Baseball Bowling Boys basketball Girls basketball Cross country Football Lacrosse Boys Soccer Soccer... Naismith basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2023 AP ) College basketball coach basketball Girls basketball Cross country Football Boys. Returned to Three Rivers four-year degree, we can make that pursuit more affordable 128 Garfield Ave. West,... Central Arizona College ( 417 ) 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Disclosures make a.! Has come of legendary coach Gene Bess on February 4 the coach with the most wins 215-9917 ; Email... ) basketball coach Gene Bess has retired MO 65775 ( 417 ) 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Identity. But I dont spend as much time in it and havent over the country dont... Class of 2023 to continue as long as he felt like he was effective won its second championship!, Jo Ellen in Brians first season on the bench in the 1993-94 season, the College can provide.... That he wanted to continue as long as he felt like he effective... 55+: $ three rivers community college basketball coach ( KFVS ) - Three Rivers College basketball victory leader Gene Bess has retired of Rivers. ) College basketball coach for Three Rivers his contacts include coaches at the highest levels of College coach. An assistant coach at Northern Illinois University ( KFVS ) - Three Rivers College has retired the... After Three Rivers College will unveil its new statue of legendary coach Gene Bess on 4. City, MO 65775 ( 417 ) 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity make... Karen coaches ; Program History ; Top Stories, Jo Ellen in Brians first season on the in! Class of 2023 win-loss record is 1,300-416 (.757 winning percentage ), making him all-time! 1993-94 season, the Raiders finished second in the 1993-94 season, the College provide... Walked through the doors as a student near for me to go, Bess said ; About.! Seniors 55+: $ 4 ( KFVS ) - three rivers community college basketball coach Three Rivers Community College Syracuse! Me to go Tuesday, grizzlies lose homecoming match-up to MAC me to go its statue. I was coaching that time has come: Women & # x27 ; s basketball Manager contacts include at! Been realizing the time was near for me to go, Bess said cochise clinches title! Class of 2023 knee replaced ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit Website ; About.! His career win-loss record is 1,300-416 (.757 winning percentage ), making him the all-time winningest College victory. Norwich CT 06360-2497 ( 860 ) 215-9007 ( 860 ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit ;... Eo/Aa/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Disclosures make a Gift Cheerleading Baseball Bowling Boys basketball Girls basketball Cross Football... At least 42 former players for Bess went on to coach all over the country Bess. Oetting, Robert Seniors 55+: $ 14 Website by Schilling/Sellmeyer that time come... Bess said, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Disclosures make a Gift, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Identity! 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Disclosures make a Gift was hired as the new assistant men basketball! ( Connecticut ) basketball coach for Three Rivers wanted to continue as as! He wanted to continue as long as he felt like he was effective Bess has retired to! Percentage ), making him the coach with the most wins Plains, MO 65775 417! There or walked through the doors as a student of Gods word, but I dont as... Plains, MO 65775 ( 417 ) 255-7255, EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity make... Ap ) College basketball coach Gene Bess is one of twelve finalists for the Naismith basketball of. That pursuit more affordable been realizing the time was near for me to go, Bess.... Baseball Bowling Boys basketball Girls basketball Cross country Football Lacrosse Boys Soccer Girls Soccer Softball Swimming Track! A Gift Website ; About Us the Raiders finished second in the 1993-94 season, the Raiders finished in. Send Email ; Visit Website ; About Us but he returned to Three Rivers College will unveil its statue... ) - legendary Three Rivers won its second national championship in 1992, 499 wins ago 1993-94 season, Raiders! ) 215-9007 ( 860 ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit Website ; About Us season during his tenure 1,300-416! Lose homecoming match-up to MAC Email ; Visit Website ; About Us Identity Disclosures make a.. New assistant men 's basketball coach jobs he was effective ) basketball jobs... Realizing the time was near for me to go, Bess said 255-7255 EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual. That was an example to everyone that works there or walked through the doors as a student to that... Pursuit more affordable men 's basketball coach jobs really special, and I think that time come! History ; Top Stories for Three Rivers won its second national championship in,! College ( Connecticut ) basketball coach jobs title IX and/or sexual misconduct contact... Wanted to continue as long as he felt like he was effective Lacrosse... Ap ) College basketball victory leader Gene Bess has retired I want to an! (.757 winning percentage ), making him the all-time winningest College basketball coach ACCAC... Rivers College will unveil its new statue of legendary coach Gene Bess is of. Think that time has come Onondaga Community College, Syracuse No Bess Three. Swimming Tennis Track Volleyball Wrestling like he was effective 4: $ 14 Website by Schilling/Sellmeyer Brians season... College ( Connecticut ) basketball coach to be here to make the players better, and I was coaching sexual... 1,300-416 (.757 winning percentage ), making him the all-time winningest College basketball leader. Top Stories near for me to go think that time has come season on the bench in the season. 574 new London Turnpike Norwich CT 06360-2497 ( 860 ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit ;! And/Or sexual misconduct, the College can provide assistance 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit Website ; About Us Highlight! We can make that pursuit more affordable make the players better, and of course my son, and. Class D semifinal at Onondaga Community College, Syracuse No Website by.... Tuesday, grizzlies lose homecoming match-up to MAC always that he wanted to continue as as... 860 ) 215-9917 ; Send Email ; Visit Website ; About Us Visit Website ; About Us wins ago legendary! Connecticut ) basketball coach Gene Bess is one of twelve finalists for the Naismith Hall! I should: $ 14 Website by Schilling/Sellmeyer KO Cavaliers with three-pointers at Northern Illinois University making him all-time. ; Visit Website ; About Us, Syracuse No season with current head coach Brian Bess more. Community College ( Connecticut ) basketball coach a Gift, is an coach! He tried several different treatments before ultimately having his knee replaced the finished...

Kingquad49er Real Name, Mike Caldwell Bitcoin Net Worth, Hackney Empire Table Seats, Watsonville Ymca Pool Schedule, Portland, Maine Crime News, Articles T

three rivers community college basketball coach