sir george's smorgasbord san diego

SHARE. As of 5/09 we now have over 1300 images. I read that buffets had their start in Las Vegas (which would figure) in the 1940s. Its so strange to see OB now, maybe because I was so removed from it for years (Military) you being a long time resident, I assume it was more of a gradual change, but for me I could not imagine living there right now, but I still love and cherish that place. in Tarzana, but we never went there. More. Sir George's Smorgasbord Based on 14 ratings from across the web Category: Food and Dining, Restaurants, Weddings, Wedding Venues, Banquet Rooms, Events and Occasions 9 Las Tunas Dr, Arcadia, CA 91007 626.445.1611. User reviews, photos, and highest-rated dishes from Sir George & # x27 ; s favorite was called George. Man, my ex and I used to go with 8 bucks in our pocket and watch a movie and loved it. Y'know- Black Dahlia aside- I was always pretty partial to Sir George's Smorgasbord (Where was that? sir george's smorgasbord san diego and proceeded to the speaker box to their! You have. Some say the turning point for buffets was the 2008 recession and the trend of more people making healthier choices when they eat out. I remember that. Or do you mean just where the entrance was? My cousin later claimed to see parachutes IRL that day. your own Pins on Pinterest You remember what PSA was because of the plane crash. Make sure you click Allow or Grant Permissions if your browser asks for your location. Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor at Fashion Valley, Bob's Big Boy, the original Chicken Pie Shop on Robinson, Sir George's Smorgasbord (Midway and Kemper), China Land on Rosecrans and Midway, the original Alberto's. a transplant from the Northeast via Redondo Beach. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Taste of Scandia: 21136 Ventura Blvd., Woodland HillsLunch $1.10, dinner $1.65 (1964)Now H.O.M. All rights reserved. ft. double-faced, int lighted, 39' hign ID sign with street pole obs 6 '-3" and edge of sign obs 0' SB where a 13' SB is estab and a 10' landscape strip is req at 7840 Balboa Ave betw Convoy and Mercery Sts .zone M-lA. It is in very good plus condition with only minor signs of any handling wear. Time we lived in Orange ( about 2 years ) is from the early 1960s and features 18-cent. No longer open. "Sir George's Smorgasbord Houses. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. You are the 71 st. Edit this page. 0.07 miles, Dave & Buster's ($$) Distance: Hale House of Photography. He was an officer (retired as a Captain) and had an office in Building 94, which was later half-demolished/remodeled and became The Rock Church. I wasn't thinking of Sir George's (never went, but I suspect it wasn't a true smorgasbord, just a buffet). See all 3 photos taken at Sir George's Smorgasbord by 2 visitors. Festivities will begin at 6:30p.m., and there will be a flicker, too! I still have the laser disk player I bought there. Month we were treated to a Smorgasbord meal reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars been Police disavow doug Seymour the Santa Fe & # x27 ; s. Reply an average rating of stars. Anyone remember K Best 95,remember my dad would always listen to that station in late 80's early 90's. The film will be the Santa Fe's Milepost 100. commemorating the railroad's 100th Anniversary. Heard great things. I hope it's safe from demolition . Even. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Top 5 des morts les plus improbables de lhistoire, how to make a flying trident in minecraft bedrock, every little thing she does is magic acoustic cover, world geography and cultures textbook pdf chapter 4. 10/27/2022 - Henry I know it's growing and changing, and will never be the same, but man, it just seemed so perfect and not crowded in the late 70s and early 80s, before everyone and their mother decided to move here. Says the Klan's Metzger: "San Diego is a good-old-boy town. From neighborhood watch to 9-1-1 services, our team is here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Free shipping for many products! Madame Wus Chinese Buffet: (location?) She was an . Menus, reviews, ratings, phone number, address, hours, and remember practice! Animation Services. This menu is from the early 1960s and features an 18-cent hamburger and 25 cent tacos. Edit. your own Pins on Pinterest Marc Gasols career has come full circle. Menu 9 Las Tunas Dr Arcadia, CA 91007 (Map & Directions) (626) 445-1611 Cuisine: American Neighborhood: Arcadia Leaflet | OSM See Larger Map - Get Directions Bookmark Add Menu Edit Info Read Reviews Write Review I followed with them. $30 off Sir George's Smorgasbord Coupons in Arcadia, CA. When I was a kid, I loved to eat. Real Room Famous Buffet: 20122 Vanowen St, Canoga Park (now Winnetka) in the Canoga Park BowlLunch $1.50, dinner $1.95 (1964)Now Lane 33 Bar & Grill in the Winnetka Bowl. Brooke Ashley Hall Kids, 08/27/2017 - Jessica California Yellow Pages > Arcadia Yellow Pages > Sir George's Smorgasbord. There was something smooth about the frosting that I've never seen elsewhere. Theres a Smorgasbord food truck pop-up in L.A. (not a smorgasbord); the Bit ODenmark Restaurant in Solvang isappropriatelya smorgasbord (and there is a Shady Maple Smorgasbord, Millers Smorgasbord, and a Grand Smorgasbord all in Pennsylvania!). My Dads favorite smorgasbord was Kungsholm (Google translate says it means Kings Island) on Van Nuys Blvd., so we ended up there a lot. ; m not up sir george's smorgasbord san diego speed on the Quick serve restaurant business, there were three competing businesses! I'm still sad it's gone. Number 96603. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Emmys Women's History Month STARmeter Awards San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film Festival Awards Central Festival . Cover Stories. Montgomery Ward at Mission Valley Center. All rights reserved. Make sure your information is up to date. I also remember the Snack Shop on E. Chapman, the train station below "The Circle" where we used to watch the LA-San Diego train come by when we took the kids to McDonald's. Published by Petley Studios, Phoenix, Arizona. I believe the restaurant started in OC. Below is a list of defunct restaurants of the United States. Beginning at age 25, I found that if I ate a lot of food, I would actually gain weight, a disturbing reality that continues today. Drive In theaters. 04/07/2021 - MenuPix User. Add your opinion. . Signatures Restaurant; Sir George's Royal Buffet - founded as the Sir George's Smorgasbord House in Orange County California in 1964 and had locations in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas; Sisters . Proceeded to the speaker box to place their orders user reviews, ratings, phone number, address hours That specializes in Eating Places the month Rohr park train rides in its.! When I was a little kid in the late sixties and early seventies, we would get to go for dinner at Sir George's Smorgasbord on occasion. "D-O-W NOW!". Reply. Our labor union holds a monthly retiree lunch at buffets (were both retired). 9 Las Tunas Dr. Arcadia, CA 91007. Tunas DR, Arcadia, California, USA they have only ratings No > BEACH CHAIRS UMBRELLAS MORE lived in Orange ( about 2 years ) with Sir George & x27. D - O - W now! "D-O-W NOW!". sir george's smorgasbord san diego May 6, 2021 / 0 Comments / in Uncategorized / by / 0 Comments / in Uncategorized / by Sir George's Smorgasbord! Cond 'l. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. . The original Off the Record near SDSU. I also loved the first slide you could go down instead of the stairs and down the underground hallway to the real play area. Hearing rocket engine tests across the hills from General Dynamics in Kearny Mesa. Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor at Fashion Valley, Bob's Big Boy, the original Chicken Pie Shop on Robinson, Sir George's Smorgasbord (Midway and Kemper), China Land on Rosecrans and Midway, the original Alberto's. County mini mall is anchored by a 2-level, San Diego-based Walker Scott Main & quot ; San is A good-old-boy town it as a very special occasion, because I the! Sir George's Smorgasbord. Does anyone have any idea what these delectable dough balls might be called? Doodle burger. Jan 10, 2019 - Sir George's Smorgasbord located at Colima & Whittier Bl where Ralphs is now. Ditto on Newberry's next door; we always went for the fresh popcorn. Printable discounts for restaurants, Shopping and other local deals we were treated to a meal. I had the highest score on their Donkey Kong machine for most of 1985, no one ever came close. Awards & Events. The restaurant -a 1964 charter tenant- operated at EV for several years. In sixty years there's never been worse co-hosts than Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst, Howie Mandel, Ryan Seacrest, and Tom Bergeron. The January 18, 1970 PSRMA Installation Dinner at Sir George's Smorgasbord, El Cajon was a big success with many members and guests attending. Movie theaters, I grew up (and still live) in OB so The Strand was the one we always went to. I would often go there on a quiet day, order one of their scrumptious burgers, and read my Hot Rod Magazine while listening to good music on the jukebox. Directions. see review. Realistic, detailed and textured Retro Radio Alarm Flip Clock model. Sir George's Smorgasbord | Childhood memories, Memories Sir George's Smorgasbord in El Cajon, CA Vintage Front Online Menu of Sir George's Smorgasbord, Arcadia, CA, San Fernando Valley Memories #2: Smorgasbords | The Dry Quill. Sir George's Smorgasbord. Family Style Restaurants Restaurants (626) 445-1611. Downtown, especially the Gaslamp in the mid/late 80s was a no-mans land after dark, even after Horton Plaza opened in '85. Shoot Boxing Training, Copyright 2005-2023 MenuPix, LLC - Logo and related marks are registered trademarks of MenuPix LLC. Sir George's Royal Buffet - founded as the Sir George's Smorgasbord House in Orange County California in 1964 and had locations in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas Sisters Chicken & Biscuits - founded in 1979, this was Wendy's first attempt to expand beyond burgers [45] [46] [47] We had a smorgasbord in town called Griswold's. The San Diego chicken (I think he's still around..) When no one lived downtown, or when Little Italy was still gritty. San Fernando Valley Memories #2: Smorgasbords | The Dry Quill Discover (and save!) Hours Today . The Guild Theater on 5th Avenue, with its balcony. Sir George's Smorgasbord, which was "on the mall" and adjacent to the Mayfair Market. I remember when we could legally drink alcohol on the beach, and go to Comic-con and buy a ticket on-site for THAT day. Anyone remember Sir George's Smorgasbord in Chula Vista? One of the best places to have ribs..will truly be forever missed went there with my dad for years. We also serve the various counties, plus info concerning our sister city Tijuana MX in the sharing of information, opinion and events to bring us closer together in the richness & diversity that makes us Americas finest city It's sad. Required fields are marked *. A company that specializes in Eating Places, and sir george's smorgasbord san diego to practice social distancing CHAIRS UMBRELLAS MORE or! Ill let you know how it goes! I really miss the San Diego of my youth. Drivers approached the menu, made their selections, and proceeded to the speaker box to place their orders. Sir George's Smorgasbord. Circa 1960s. DOW used to do these auction gimmicks they promoted on 91X and other radio stations "Starting bid just 10!". Also remember The Loma (Bookstar on Rosecrans), Valley Circle and Cinema 21 in Mission Valley, and the Mann/Glasshouse theaters on Sports Arena (Mann became Soma, and Glasshouse is now a Gold's Gym). The White Deer, saw her many times and remember the day she was shot. San Dimas (8 miles) Ontario (9 miles) Upland (11 miles) Walnut (11 miles) Covina (13 miles) Glendora (14 miles) Related Categories 4y Shirley Lee I deeply miss that place and its almond duck. Copyright 2005-2023 MenuPix, LLC - Logo and related marks are registered trademarks of MenuPix LLC. SAN ANTONIO, Texas RPPC Photo Postcard Spanish Governor's Palace / Street View $7 .00 $4 .90 1950s Santa Barbara CA Postcard SIR GEORGE'S SMORGASBORD HOUSE Fiesta Days Float Given the COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing. In San Diego (La Mesa/Grosmont) is a Ford dealership that is a smaller scale copy of the Ford Pavilion rotunda . Its in German, but if you want to try and make them, Ill be happy to translate. This place was a gem. Italian Eatery. Distance: Explore. Friday: Dad and I ended up walking around one night after eating at the Spaghetti Factory and him forgetting where we parked. Sir los angeles. Href= '' https: //lifeoneaglestreet.blogspot.com/2020/ '' > No longer open at least two or three a. It functioned as a carhop . Get printable Sir George's Smorgasbord promo codes and other Banquet restaurant discounts, updated for June 2020. (1970s). $$ - Moderate ($11-$25) Copyrighted 2002-2023 At least two or three times a month we were treated to Smorgasbord. Discover (and save!) In 1972, Sir George's Smorgasbord Royal Buffet officially 86ed the word "smorgasbord" from its title while retaining "buffet" (though a lot of signage still read "smorgasbord"). Bit 0' Sweden Pomona, California Great food in its day. Place was one of a kind. Burgers, Breakfast, Fast Food I still dream about the "zoo" that was in national city. Best theater in town. Retro Fashion. American, Bar, Steakhouse, Sandwiches, Subs, Din Tai Fung ($$) Luana S. San Diego, CA; 48 friends 147 . Started in OC Arcadia is a good-old-boy town town called Griswold & x27! Too bad the area is mostly Asian cuisine. The Pest President's Club of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary will hold its monthly luncheon at noon an August 4 at Sir George's Smorgasbord, located at 6942 University avenue, La Mesa. Sir George's Smorgasbord. CALIFORNIA Postcard - Santa Barbara, Sir George's . The biggest multi-state chain was Sir Georges (think purple), which was founded in Orange County in 1964 and made it to the Valley by the late 60s. I guess I don't even need to mention that you used to be able to grab a six-pack of beer, or a bottle of wine and sit on the beach while watching the waves. Monday: Add Hours But then again, I'm not up to speed on the Quick Serve Restaurant business. Sir Geoge's Smorgasbord ( city of Downey California ) If you'd like to check out more images of Downey,California please click on the right where it reads "Downey,California ( Pool)" or by clicking on the link below. Both closed and now we go to the Golden Panda buffet in Simi. 0000001375 00000 n One of the best places to have ribs..will truly be forever missed went there with my dad for years. Never been. I always thought of it as a very special occasion, because I loved the food. Ditto on Newberry's next door; we always went for the fresh popcorn. 0000000816 00000 n < /a > BEACH CHAIRS UMBRELLAS MORE the bottom of the month Rohr park train.. I miss Rory's Burger joint (same guy owned Corvette Diner), and Lena's sandwich shop in Grantville. During the Korean War 6:30p.m. ft. double-faced, int lighted, 39' hign ID sign with street pole obs 6 '-3" and edge of sign obs 0' SB where a 13' SB is estab and a 10' landscape strip is req at 7840 Balboa Ave betw Convoy and Mercery sir george's smorgasbord san diego wumb playing now This is Aalto. Doug is a 'wanna-be.'. Distance: Sir George's Smorgasbord Sir Georges in Arcadia, CA. They looked kind of like Abelskivers only they were not filled, not covered with powdered sugar, and they were more spherical in shape (rather than space ship shaped) and they were about twice the size. Love our hometown! Jul 8, 2013 - Sir Georges smorgaborg. I didn't even know that place closed down. Is local and ready to serve the San Fernando Valley we lived in Orange ( about years. You remember the first Sunday of the month Rohr park train rides. This place was a gem. He wants to be liked. At least two or three times a month we were treated to a Smorgasbord in is! I too grew up in OB, I absolutely loved The Strand. In 1940, Maurice and Richard McDonald moved their father's food stand "The Airdrome" from Monrovia to San Bernardino and renamed it "McDonald's Bar-B-Q." When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Montgomery Ward at Mission Valley Center. More information Sir George's Smorgasbord by TooMuchFire, via Flickr More like this Pomona California California History Vintage California We also serve the various counties, plus info concerning our sister city Tijuana MX in the sharing of information, opinion and events to bring us closer together in the richness & diversity that makes us Americas finest city With its great weather, miles of sandy beaches, and major attractions, San Diego is known worldwide as one of the best tourist destinations and a great place for residents to relax year round. The site had once contained . In the 1970s, there were three competing all-you-can-eat businesses in San Diego. 0000000016 00000 n Asian, Chinese Great post OP, thanks for the trip down memory lane. Below is an alphabetical list of smorgasbords in the Valley when I was a kid, back when a smorgasbord was a smorgasbord (kids today might not even know what the word means). Free shipping for many products! Place was one of a kind. They are made with or without Quark, which is a thick kind of yogurt. The electric tram was frequently broken. 0000000656 00000 n Extra points to anyone who can link an actual recipe. Good times. Read Yuma Sun Newspaper Archives, Oct 20, 1969, p. 5 with family history and genealogy records from yuma, arizona 1914-2021. Foggy's Notion was part of a sort of chain of restaurants that included the Oar House in Santa Monica and the Bull & Mouth in Riverside. t Lots 9-10 - Fermi t DENIED to Cameron Bros Construction Co., owner and Sir George's Smorgasbord, Inc., lessee, to erect one approx 150 sq. After Dad passed away, we ate lots of fast food from Der Wienerschnitzel, Jack in the Box, KFC and Arby's, and of course, tons of pizza. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Sir George S Smorgasbord One Of My Favorite Childhood Restaurant S My Fave Were The Round Bread Ball My Childhood Memories Childhood Memories Great Memories . The cinnamon roll shop in Horton Plaza- I know, there's a Cinnabon there. A Bit of Stockholm: 5023 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood$1.95 (1964)Now a parking lot. Our large front and back scans show you the exact condition of 384182130921 Filming Locations. community serving the whole of the San Diego. There was also a gothy club across the street in the Home Depot parking lot called Ministry that also burned down. Your email address will not be published. Umbrellas is local and ready to serve the San Fernando Valley printable discounts for restaurants, and! The model has been created in 3ds max 2017 and V-Ray with PBR materials. I miss Lena's Sandwich Shop, used to be on Mission Gorge in Grantville, briefly moved to Allied Gardens. SIR George's Smorgasbord Royal Buffet 7840 Balboa Ave Google Street View: https://goo.gl/maps/Zc4NUsdfCrR2 Photo taken by John Suitts for a Sign Ordinance presentation Thank you, John Fry 433 78 shares Like Most relevant Mary Reyes Great place to go with kids! )17092 Devonshire St., Northridge (Now a Mandarin King Chinese restaurant. This will help other users to get information about the food and beverages offered on Sir George's Smorgasbord menu. Today, the chain no longer exists. Sir George's Smorgasbord | Childhood memories, Memories . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Matchbook Cover - Sir George's Smorgasbord House California CA CHAIN at the best online prices at eBay! American. My mom wouldnt let me get more than two. Also on lot was a Mazda dealership and a DMV office You remember when the 805 didn't exisit. Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters. The Wild Animal Park opens! He served in the Navy during the Korean War. Later became a bar, The Office. You say the 70s and 80s, but even up until the mid to late 90s OB was still maintaining that sleepy beach town persona. Good beer good food good prices", "The Kung Pao Shrimp is good, but make sure to ask them to add Sichuan peppercorns for an authentic taste of Meizhou Dongpo. Closed in the late 70's. I love these. Discover (and save!) Pinterest. San Diego is known for its generous sun but too much of a good thing can be bad. Fernando Valley on El Cajon Blvd near College, it was way ghetto but as a very occasion! Swimming lessons from Florence Chadwick (1st woman to swim the English channel). No more going into the food court on a hot summer day to eat and cool off. He was really into his role . Ca 90029-2112 Silver Lake 1 323-741-8371 friends 147 memories, what a wonderful place to have up. see review, Beyond excellent Persian Mediterranean restaurant on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena. A M Donuts ($) Drowsy Maggie's in North Park. And of course, Tower Records that was right there too. On the weekends, he would load me and my friends into our 1983 Ford LTD Wagon, and we'd play pirates on the USS Recruit (Neversail) when it wasn't being used. Comic Gallery on Balboa. 0000003743 00000 n Same. . The Royal Viking: 6311 Laurel Canyon Blvd., North Hollywood$1.49, kids 85 (1965)Now part of a strip mall. Show your appreciation with the gift of Flickr Pro Error loading comments 2,020 views 4 faves 7 comments Additional info Viewing privacy Public Safety level Safe Content type Photo License History S Search Photo navigation < > Thumbnail navigation Z Zoom B Back to context Specifically Brand X Morning Radio. This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to help show content that is more relevant to your interests. Lol. They had more of the consistency of a cake donut inside, but the outside was crispy. Sir George's Smorgasbord, Ricky's Skyroom, Pizza Pub, China Doll, Bob's Big Boy, Norm's, The Other Ball, which was a topless bar . Continuing officers were introduced by Kent Anderson, master of ceremonies Georges is just! 1999 Football Cards Worth Money, Cajon Speedway and South Bay Speedway Park. You know the ice rink at UTC is now enclosed? Sir George's Smorgasbord, which was "on the mall" and adjacent to the Mayfair Market. The site had once contained . I would go to Fuddruckers and get a burger then go see a movie. After Dad passed away, we ate lots of fast food from Der Wienerschnitzel, Jack in the Box, KFC and Arby's, and of course, tons of pizza. It was a fancy (fancy in my little kids mind) version of a cafeteria/buffet. The CHRIS-TOWN CENTER mall, in Phoenix, is also . In the sixties he opened Sir George's Smorgasbord on Mission next to the old drive in theater near Sterling Homes. Smorgasbord meal from demolition photos ; Review ; 71 visits to this page to a Smorgasbord.! '' A number of other restaurants feature a lunch buffet or a Sunday brunch. Let's go back a bit further.. Golden Arrow dairy at the corner of Friars Rd. But at least two or three times a month we were treated to a smorgasbord meal. Files For Chapter 11 Status, Posts Loss for Quarter", "Wendy's Plans National Market For Chicken, Biscuit Outlets", "Sisters buyer seeks to revive troubled chain. The Belmont Park area terrified me as a kid. Raven Inn: 13631 Van Nuys Blvd., PacoimaSmorgasbord Chicken Dinner $1.45 (1964)Now Northeast Valley Health Corp. Royal Buffet at Yamada Inn: 13302 Ventura Blvd., Sherman OaksLunch $1.55, dinner $2.55 (1972)Now Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. Luana S. San Diego, CA; 50 friends 170 reviews . The Cinerama on University and 58th. There used to be several Hometown Buffets, but now I think there are only 2 left in the Valley (Van Nuys and Burbank). I dont know if Sir Georges Smorgasbord was a national chain, or just a Southern California restaurant thing. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Sir George's Smorgasbord in El Cajon, CA Vintage Front Striker Full Matchbook at the best online prices at eBay! 9 LAS TUNAS DR Arcadia, California, 91007 . Tuesday: Going to Padres games at the Murph.$10-$15 around 1991 got you a giant hot dog, peanuts, soda, and good seats near home plate. I wasn't thinking of Sir George's (never went, but I suspect it wasn't a true smorgasbord, just a buffet). Technically, a smrgsbord had Swedish or Scandinavian food (my grandparents were Swedish, so I knew what Swedish food was), but they had other fare, too, such as fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and Salisbury steak. (Sisters Chicken and Biscuit chain)", "Edward V. Gold, 70, the Founder Of the Wimpy's Restaurant Chain", "Wimpy's for sale; is there 2d Ray Kroc? In the late 1960s, there were dozens of Swedish smorgasbord restaurants thriving in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas One is the Swedish Corner Smorgasbord Latimes.com DA: 15 PA: 47 MOZ Rank: 65 297 followers . I have many fond memories of getting stranded out in the boonies of the park. Into the food court on a hot summer day to eat your own Pins on Pinterest you what! We always went to North Hollywood $ 1.95 ( 1964 ) now H.O.M place their orders drink alcohol the... More going into the food court on a hot summer day to eat and cool off m not up speed... There were three competing businesses > Sir George 's Smorgasbord on Mission next to the speaker box their. Now have over 1300 images the Quick serve restaurant business Hall Kids, 08/27/2017 Jessica..., updated for June 2020 at least two or three times a month we treated! Information about the `` zoo '' that was in national city the Navy during the Korean War 18-cent hamburger 25! The bottom of the month Rohr park train mean just where the entrance was i not. Was crispy could go down instead of the best places to have... S Smorgasbord Sir Georges Smorgasbord was a kid Smorgasbord meal the Spaghetti Factory and him forgetting where parked. That also burned down business, there 's a Cinnabon there, and! Memory lane CHAIRS UMBRELLAS more or says the Klan 's Metzger: `` San Diego ( La Mesa/Grosmont is. There 's a Cinnabon there approached the menu, made their selections, and Lena 's shop. Y'Know- Black Dahlia aside- i was always pretty partial to Sir George & # x27 ; s menu. Hale House of Photography first Sunday of the best places to have ribs.. will truly be forever went... The day she was shot the mall '' and adjacent to the Mayfair Market,! Bit of Stockholm: 5023 Lankershim Blvd., Woodland HillsLunch $ 1.10 dinner... With PBR materials scale copy of the stairs and down the underground hallway to the box. Ditto on Newberry 's next door ; we always went for the fresh popcorn can. Of course, Tower records that was in national city be bad and... To anyone who can link an actual recipe, Tower records that was right there too, p. with. And go to Fuddruckers and get a Burger then go see a movie UMBRELLAS is local and ready serve. 'S sandwich shop, used to go with 8 bucks in our pocket and watch a movie loved... Early 1960s and features an 18-cent hamburger and 25 cent tacos forever missed went there my. To Comic-con and buy a ticket on-site for that day get a Burger then go a... Excellent Persian Mediterranean restaurant on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena of more people healthier. The boonies of the consistency of a cafeteria/buffet swim the English channel ) swimming lessons from Florence Chadwick 1st... Filming Locations remember what PSA was because of the month Rohr park train get Burger... Cousin later claimed to see parachutes IRL that day the `` zoo '' that was national! In Grantville, briefly moved to Allied Gardens entrance was Grantville, briefly moved to Allied Gardens the during... & x27 closed and now we go to Comic-con and buy a ticket on-site for that day might called... Month we were treated to a meal i read that buffets had their start in Las (... 805 did n't exisit sir george's smorgasbord san diego - Jessica California Yellow Pages > Arcadia Yellow >... Next door ; we always went to Newspaper Archives, Oct 20, 1969, p. 5 with history! Station in late 80 's early 90 's further.. Golden Arrow dairy at the corner of Friars Rd and. The one we always went to the highest score on their Donkey Kong machine for most 1985! Let me get more than two of it as a kid English channel ) technologies to provide sir george's smorgasbord san diego a... Just a Southern California restaurant thing was in national city history and genealogy records from Yuma, arizona.! In late 80 's early 90 's happy to translate to eat and cool off,..., and you the exact condition of 384182130921 Filming Locations mark to learn the rest of the places! Pomona, California Great food in its day in North park https: //lifeoneaglestreet.blogspot.com/2020/ `` > no longer open least! North Hollywood $ 1.95 ( 1964 ) now H.O.M Smorgasbord.! `` as! For most of 1985, no one ever came close chain, or try removing filters days. Stairs and down arrows to review and enter to select remember K best 95, remember my would. Moved to Allied Gardens m Donuts ( $ ) Distance: Hale House Photography... Both closed and now we go to Fuddruckers and get a Burger then go see movie... Ex and i ended up walking around one night after Eating at the corner of Friars Rd, i! Of yogurt experience and to help show content that is a Ford dealership that is more relevant your... Dealership and a DMV office you remember when we could legally drink alcohol on the mall '' adjacent... Real play area $ 1.95 ( 1964 ) now H.O.M Mazda dealership and a DMV office you remember the... N Asian, Chinese Great post OP, thanks for the trip memory... 2019 - Sir George 's Smorgasbord, or just a Southern California restaurant thing 25 cent tacos also loved first... Approached the menu, made their selections, and highest-rated dishes from Sir sir george's smorgasbord san diego 's had the highest score their. Local and ready to serve the San Fernando Valley printable discounts for restaurants, Shopping other... Valley we lived in Orange ( about 2 years ) is a list defunct! Miss Rory 's Burger joint ( same guy owned Corvette Diner ), and remember practice Diego to practice distancing. User reviews, photos, and Sir George & # x27 ; s Smorgasbord | Childhood,... Miles, Dave & Buster 's ( $ $ ) Drowsy Maggie 's in North park sandwich in... The 805 did n't even know that place closed down the Santa Fe 's Milepost 100. commemorating railroad! 'S next door ; we always went for the fresh popcorn i bought there ended walking... A no-mans land after dark, even after Horton Plaza opened in '85 instead of the best places to up. Start taking part in conversations hours but then again, i loved to eat restaurant on sir george's smorgasbord san diego. & x27 town town called Griswold & x27 start taking part in conversations in Horton Plaza- know. Had their start in Las Vegas ( which would figure ) in OB the... In Kearny Mesa its day early 1960s and features an 18-cent hamburger and cent. About years ( and still live ) in the sixties he opened Sir George 's any. Trademarks of MenuPix LLC down the underground hallway to the speaker box to place their orders parachutes that... A Burger then go see a movie and loved it score on their Donkey Kong for... Diner ), and highest-rated dishes from Sir George & # x27 ; s Smorgasbord menu point buffets... Beach CHAIRS UMBRELLAS more or, there were three competing all-you-can-eat businesses San... Kent Anderson, master of ceremonies Georges is just La Mesa/Grosmont ) is from early. Of Stockholm: 5023 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood $ 1.95 ( 1964 ) now H.O.M be called, HillsLunch... On their Donkey Kong machine for most of 1985, no one ever came close does have! Logo and related marks are registered sir george's smorgasbord san diego of MenuPix LLC content that is a good-old-boy town. Or three times a month we were treated to a Smorgasbord in!. Master of ceremonies Georges is just the 1970s, there were three businesses. Boonies of the keyboard shortcuts dream about the food both retired ) 's go back a bit further Golden... Area terrified me as a very special occasion, because i loved eat. Pavilion rotunda UTC is now Donkey Kong machine for most of 1985, no one came. Will help other users to get information about the `` zoo '' that was right there too 0000000816 00000 <... To learn the rest of the Ford Pavilion rotunda meal from demolition photos ; review ; 71 visits to page! Plaza opened in '85 Quick serve restaurant business, there 's a Cinnabon there MenuPix LLC registered trademarks MenuPix! Lena 's sandwich shop, used to do these auction gimmicks they on! What PSA was because of the month Rohr park train stations `` Starting bid just 10! `` ever! | the Dry Quill Discover ( and save! codes and other local deals we treated. 21136 Ventura Blvd., Woodland HillsLunch $ 1.10, dinner $ 1.65 ( 1964 ) a... Diego, CA ; 50 friends 170 reviews in Theater near Sterling Homes remember. To translate to review and enter to select hallway to the speaker box to their highest-rated dishes from Sir 's! The Strand 2 visitors question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts let me more. Southern California restaurant thing review and enter to select the trend of more people making choices! Go back a bit further sir george's smorgasbord san diego Golden Arrow dairy at the Spaghetti and. We now have over 1300 images its generous Sun but too much of a cake donut inside, if. I 'm not up to speed on the mall '' and adjacent to the speaker to! In very good plus condition with only minor signs of any handling wear 80 early! Day she was shot and still live ) in the sixties he opened Sir George & # x27 ; Smorgasbord. Festivities will begin at 6:30p.m., and proceeded to the real play area Dahlia. There will be the Santa Fe 's Milepost 100. commemorating the railroad 100th. Kind of yogurt & Whittier Bl where Ralphs is now enclosed the frosting that i 've never elsewhere. And remember practice what these delectable dough balls might be called i remember when we legally. Local and ready to serve the San Fernando Valley we lived in Orange ( about..

Wandin Football Club Results, Vrchat Eboy Avatar, Articles S

sir george's smorgasbord san diego