things to do with toddlers sanibel island

6. Your kids will be able to touch sea creatures in touch tanks and you can book a shell walk with a naturalist. Sunrise AND Sunset walks are some of my favorite things to do in Sanibel with kids. Address: 845 E Gulf Dr, Sanibel, FL 33957. No matter the time of year, Sanibel sees some brilliant sunsets. Time seems to move differently on Sanibel. When we return to Sanibel, these will definitely be at the top of our short list! My kids spent hours walking up and down the beach from our hotel doing shelling. Kids will find themselves immersed for hours in this natural treasure huntwithout a care given to the backbreaking stance known as the"Sanibel stoop." Resorts felt more high end and had price tags to match. Cayo Costa State Park. It is located in Lee County and the easiest way to get there from Toronto is to fly to Fort Myers, rent a car and go. And while you won't find theme parks or children's museums to keep your kids entertained, instead, give them the opportunity to spot dolphins, hold small sea creatures, and kayak through the mangroves. Question, why have they never had real ice cream before? More shops and restaurants and better choice of hotels and resorts. Kids Activities. Hop on a flyboard or ride through the waves on . This was a close second choice when booking our trip to Sanibel Island with kids. If you're lucky, you may see manatees and pods of dolphins in the waters. 9. Home to all kinds of Floridian wildlife (have your little ones try to spot the mangrove crabs scuttling around among the branches), the mangroves are best experienced by a guided kayak tour through the mangrove tunnels, where the trees naturally form a closed canopy to create a tunnel over the waterway. From beautiful beaches for shelling to countless water activities for kids, Sanibel Island is a great place to vacation for families. Where else but the seashell capital of the world would you find the national shell museum? Sanibel Island is an island on the west of the Florida panhandle. Watching the sun dip into the Gulf of Mexico is magic. It's a unique, quirky, and unusual place that is full of old Florida charm. 4. Come at low tide or after a storm to find conch, junonia, lightning whelk, and cockle shells. Sanibel is the larger and (slightly) more commercial of the two islands, while Captiva is more remote and private. One person mentioned that it comes from Alabama. Sign up for Scary Mommy's daily newsletter for more stories from the trenches. As the kids are flying down the waterslides enjoy a nice slow ride in the lazy river. A 90-minute excursion on the Lady Chadwick with Captiva Cruises(located on neighboring Captiva Island) will guarantee bottlenose dolphin sightings. If you can't tell an angel wing from a glassy bubble, a visit to the Bailey-MatthewsNational Shell Museum will set you straight. And this is truly the way to see the island, as the trails take you past beautiful mansions, through wooded forests, and to hard-to-reach areas like Sanibels pioneer cemetery and beaches unreachable by car. See Tripadvisor's 128,735 traveller reviews and photos of kid friendly Sanibel Island attractions document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sunrise AND Sunset walks are some of my favorite things to do in Sanibel with kids. It takes up some real estate in the car, but the hours of fun you'll get out of it are worth it. I have never heard of this place, but it sounds like a fun place to eat and drink around. Beaches, Free TYPE 2 hours to Half Day TIME TO SPEND Bowman's is well known for having beautiful, unusual shells, but you'll have to put a. Most of the nicer resorts on Sanibel provide some variety of activities. We ate breakfast in the room. Anyone who has visited Sanibel Island will tell you the JN Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge is tops on a Sanibel Island things-to-do list. You might want to bring water shoes or sandalsfor walking on the beach. Its not cheap, but the kids will love it. Ding Darling is known as one of the best places to visit for birding. Their learning lab is a great place for children to engage in hands-on play with displays, games, a tank with indigenous mollusks, and continuously-playing children's videos. Sanibel Island takes shelling very seriously! 7. I will also add that Red Coach buses are a great way to get around with kids. If the ocean is a little to rough for your likes, be sure to be booked at a hotel with a pool for guests to use because you will want it! The best times for shelling were at low tide and early in the morning (even better if these coincide). Turner Beach, in particular, is known for itsspectacularsunsets. Worth-visiting institutions include the Village Sanibel Historical Museum, which preserves nine historic buildings that tell the islands story. Another note, Sunburned Willie, the host of the crab race, can be a bit crass. Shell Harbor Though Shell Harbor might not have many top sights, you can venture to the surrounding area to see attractions like Sanibel and Captiva Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center and Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens. Get our travel tips Delivered to your inbox. By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. My goal with Running in a Skirt is to help YOU live a happier, healthier life! 2022 5. It is true that growing up, a lot of time was spent in these magical and fairytale kingdoms. Throughout the year, the temperatures on Sanibel Island can range anywhere from the mid-50s to the low 90s. We belive strongly that travel benefits kids in SO MANY ways. This should be enough to get you started (and if you have any favorites that you think I should add, please let me know! Connecting the Florida mainland to Sanibel Island, this majestic roadway rises 70 feet over beautiful San Carlos Bay and offers show-stopping views over the aquamarine waters. 7 Reasons to Visit Harrisonburg Virginia! This place claims to be Floridas most outrageous and award-winning restaurant. Maybe it was back in 1980 when there werent Houlihans and Fridays in every roadside town. Currently expanding to add live-mollusk aquaria, Sanibel's shell museum is one of a kind, putting shells in the context of living creatures, history, culture, religion and art. Your boys are just growing up so fast. Its nothing more than a six dollar Shirley Temple with a plastic shark stuck in it. 2. And whether you order a cone or bowl, every servingis topped with an adorable little animal cracker. This Italian restaurant on Sanibel isnt the best thing ever, but after days of burgers, nachos and shellfish, it tastes like it is. Sanibel is a beautiful and well-protected Gulf Coast barrier island. If you have kids and have been considering a Florida vacation you'd be crazy to not visit Fort Myers & Sanibel Island. By: Jodi/Updated on: February 15, 2023/3 Comments. Party & Event Planning. The Sanibel Causeway Bridge is a nearly 3-mile road along the west coast, near the beaches overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Here you'll find shell-strewn beaches, a laid-back vibe, terrific restaurants and shops,and an incredibly diverse wildlife sampling. When they are ready, they follow the moonlight and head back to the Gulf of Mexico. It was a day of ribbons and confetti cannons, hugs and back-slapping as two more island business emerged from . It also taught the boys a bit about wind and weather because they only knew they could fly the kites on windy days. The beach was not sandy, it was made of crushed shells. The shells can be sharp, and they hurt my daughters feet at times. Sanibel and the surrounding islands are home to a myriad of different animals. Many of the area's islands are lined with red mangroves, which are fascinating trees that are easy to spot bytheir tangled root systems that make them look like they're standing on stilts above the water. The two ice cream places we tried on Sanibel Island are Joeys Custard and Love Boat Ice Cream. Once I heard of it, I wanted to know what there was to do on Sanibel Island with kids. If you like a bit of history in your travels, then be sure to pay a visit to the lighthouse on the eastern tip of Sanibel Island. Red Tide is a name given to an algae that are harmful to fish and humans. We didnt eat out that much while we were here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Love Boat Ice Cream is at 1700 Periwinkle Way in the Plaza with the big Jerrys grocery store. Just make sure there is nothing living inside of the shell. That post has already been written by a thousand other bloggers on the internet, so I dont feel the need to duplicate. Unsure of the treasure found on Sanibel Island? Parenting lesson learned? Sanibel Island in Florida offers a breathtaking reprieve for families who want to get away from the hustle-bustle of everyday life. This is a fantastic place for viewing Florida manatees. The lighthouse dates back to 1884. There are several ways to explore the refuge. Compare native and invasive species of reptiles; hang out with a red-tailed hawk; play hide and seek with a bashful opossum. The refuge also offers tram rides hosted by a naturalist, so kids can learn more about what they're seeing. The kids waited long enough for the picture to be taken and then wanted to run back to see if we could see a snake again that had crossed our path. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. While it may be difficult to spotloggerhead turtles,you can usually see their tracks, especially in the early morning on the beaches, so keep your eyes open when you are taking that morning walk or out shelling, and youll probably encounter some of the tiny turtle tracks heading back to the Gulf. As always, opinions and fun times are always mine and those of my kids. Not only is every inch of this house-turned-restaurant covered with retro toys and old Hollywood photos, but the food is next level. J. N. "Ding" Darling NationalWildlife Refuge. Copyright 2023 St. Joseph Communications. The beach was lovely, and the locals that we talked to told us that we had come before the winter sun-seeking crowds. The kids and I did an Everglades Gator and bird spotting tour withEverglades Day Safari Fort Myers in an airboat. Copyright 2022 - There and Back Again Travel / Shanna Schultz, Things to Consider When Planning a Trip to Sanibel Island with Kids, saw these cottages at the far end of Sanibel Island. Sure, you could take your kids to a more touristy place in Florida with lots of official attractions, but there is something so charming about a vacation that really enjoys nature and some of the more simple things in life! Just make sure not to keep any live ones! Afamily vacation to Florida is usually synonymous with Disney, but it doesn't have to be. A good day on the water promises dolphins, manatee, and other sea life sightings. Temperatures were still in the 80s. With time spent on the beach looking for shells, we barely had time to get out and see what the rest of the island had to offer! Mini Golf. Do you want amazing sunsets or sunrises? In the winter, catch both sunrise and sunset on the southerly beaches. I'd highly these smaller trucks and this bigger dump truck and excavator. The island is home to many burrowing gopher turtles and lush plantlife grows wild here giving the island an old Florida feel. Map of kid-friendly places. Dr. Seuss-a-Bration at Once Upon a Treetop Plainview. Tip: Many guides will clean the fish for you so you can enjoy your catch for dinner. This sounds like a great island to visit. Because of this, the island is home to a ton of locally-owned boutiques where you can buy bathing suits, sun hats or souvenirs to take home. That's the tagline for the Captiva Island Crab Races, which are held twice a week in the Crow's Nest restaurant at'Tween Waters Island Resort. Not a single person I spoke to in the area seems to be concerned about Red Tide and carried on with business as usual. Having a sub-tropical climate, visitors and residents enjoy the outdoors and sunshine all year long. Road trips to Florida were the best part of my childhood. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Here you can learn all sorts of stuff about the animals and nature. Here, youll get the chance to see the giant Pacific octopus, some 550,000 shells, colorful corals, giant clams, cuttlefish, queen conch, seahorses, and other creatures. The Island also offers many opportunities for kids to learn and have fun at the same time. It was nice to be able to sit out there when the bugs came out later in the evening, and to be able to leave the balcony door open to soak up that lovely sea air. Next time we go, I might choose a simpler place, or an Airbnb with a kitchen where we can cook, because the resort was lovely, but Sanibel has some really great things that we want to get out and see! . Visiting this locale is a feel-good endeavor, too, as your admission fee goes towards the care of approximately 3,500 injured and orphaned animals each year. there is a wildlife refuge that you can either take a guided tram or drive yourself through. We stayed at the Island Inn, the very first hotel on the island. I've always wanted to visit Sanibel Island. My three-year-olds have been flying them for over a year. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. It was tempting. There is a Publix right before paying the toll to cross the Sanibel Island Causeway. Every Sunday from October to May, the Sanibel Island Farmers Market is the ultimate destination for shopping locally grown products. TripHobo Things to do with Family & kids in Sanibel; timesoftheislands.com Top 16 Spots To Take The Kids Around Sanibel & Captiva Islands | Times of the Islands Magazine; Family Destinations Guide 17 Best Things to Do in Sanibel Island, FL (for 2022) iTripVacations 6 Sanibel Island Beaches Where Stress Melts Away and Kids Can . The options are endless but here are a few of the activities my kids enjoyed the most on our recent trip. Find unlimited travel inspiration on ourblogsandour social media channelsFacebook,Instagram,Pinterest, The 10 Best Beaches Near Orlando, Florida15 Unbeatable Florida Family Vacations with KidsThe 4 Best Family-Friendly Vacation Spots in OrlandoThe 15 Best Long Weekend Getaways In The USThe Ultimate North America Travel Guide10 Best Day Trips From Naples, FloridaThe Ultimate Guide For a Pet-Friendly Holiday in FloridaThe Best Time To Visit Orlando, Florida7 Amazing Water Parks In Orlando, Florida8 Best Hotels Near SeaWorld Orlando, Florida9 Best Hotels In Orlando, FloridaThe 5 Best Hotels Near Downtown Orlando, FloridaThe 8 Best Hotels Near Orlando AirportThe 9 Best Pet-Friendly Hotels In Orlando, FloridaThe Best Hotels Near Disney World Orlando. You might spot a dolphin or two from there. Mom and Dad can also pick up a Starbucks Coffee from the grocery store. I would absolutely stay there again. Photo: Courtesy of The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel. The island acts like a big scoop and because of the way that the ocean currents flow, the shells just wash up on the beach. Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge! We also recommended Algiers Beach (aka Gulfside City Park Beach), one of the most popular dog-friendly beaches in Sanibel. This is a review for fun things to do near Landfield Ave, Monticello, NY 12701: "Amazing place: gorgeous view, extremely pleasant people and lots of fun. Celebrate Women's History Month and commemorate pioneering figures in science, technology, arts & design, and mathematics. The balcony was huge and screened in. Here is a story about patience. Looking for a little fun in the sun. Food shopping on the islands is ridiculously expensive and youll kick yourself if you end up having to buy a weeks worth of food there. There isfree entryinto the Visitor & Education Center that includes ahands-on area for children. This is a prime destination for shelling, surrounded by emerald-green waters on all sides. They offer a wide variety of accommodations choices as well as a beautiful kid friendly pool with a water slide. There is also a tram if you are a guided tour person. Kids can find out more about the shells and mollusks they found on the beach and see a collection of aquariums with over 50 species of marine life. It has an authentic, old Florida vibe. Friday, March 3. Summer Waves Water Park. Convinced to travel to Sanibel Island and check out the cool things to do in there? Its amazing! I've tried to keep treats healthier at home too while they were super young, but always had the intentions of loosening that up a bit as they get older. They make 37 flavors daily from a repertoire of more than 130 flavors in total. We love traveling with kids and will incorporate some of the ideas. Parking at Blind Pass Beach costs $5 per hour and the beach is free to explore. Just make sure not to disturb their nests! The 9 Best Things to do on Sanibel Island, FL Lighthouse Beach Park Located at Point Ybel, at the eastern tip of Sanibel Island, Lighthouse Park Beach & Fishing Pier is a stunning 45-acre park where visitors can experience nature at its finest. If youre planning avacation to Sanibel Islandand wondering what activities are offered on this island close to Floridas coast, check out these10 kid-friendly attractionsthis special island has to offer. Sanibel Carts 32 Gear Rentals By michellelL2062DW Sanibel Carts is soooo much fun!! Watch the sunset on the beach. As someone who doesnt have kids, I still love all the suggestions. You never know what will be on the end of that line! The whole family has endless opportunities for fun. This article was originally published on Oct. 14, 2014, The Cutest Grandpa Ever Took Peppa Pigs Family On Vacation With Him, United Airlines Launches A Free Family Seating Program That Actually Makes Sense. Several outfitters like Billy's Rentals, Finnimore's Cycle Shop, and Tarpon Bay Explorers rent bikes, tandems, pull-behind child trailers, and even canopied surreys. This lighthouse is picture perfect and worth exploring for a morning. Tip: Check with your hotel or condo because some units come with bikes. Gloriously nestled in the Sanibel Moorings resort, this lush oasis encompasses 6 acres of tropical trees and plants, including orchids, hibiscus, palm and citrus trees, bamboo, and native Florida plants. It's a pretty spectacular sight. Read more: Things to Do in Sanibel with Kids Enter dates Filters 1 Attractions Map Traveler favorites All things to do 1 place sorted by traveler favorites Clear all filters 2022 1. Children's Museum of Manhattan, 212 West 83rd Street, Upper West Side. Nature comes in a spectacular variety in the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge. We spend a ton of time on North Captiva and always make trips over to Sanibel truly a beautiful spot. Just ask! Cue the tears. Plan a stop for dinner or a drink outside at theMucky Duck. My boys had never had REAL ice cream before so we splurged and let them have some. Here are the Top Things to Do with Kids on Sanibel Island, Florida. Unfortunately for me, there are no craft breweries on the island. Your email address will not be published. Everyone on the island gets to help protect sea turtles. 8 reasons to take the kids to Kissimmee Looking for a fun activity for the kids that's free and not the beach? You can drive through the preserve at your own pace and get out to spot wildlife. They have plenty of cute shops to pick from for the kiddos. Just wondering. After a low tide or storm are best along with the months of January, February, and March. Since little ones don't just sit around having a few kites to fly is a great way to pass the day. When the red tide is high, dead fish wash up on shore, some shellfish is unsafe to eat and humans, especially those with asthma, have trouble breathing. This was a "giant clapper" in our world for the week. If you're ready to explore South Plainfield, sign up for one of the top tours & day trips on offer, and have a friendly guide show you some of the most popular sights. Why not try a different one each night? Me and the kids love looking for shells too and it seems like there are a lot there! This is for sure at least worth a stop for ice cream (or a place to leave the kids and hubby so you can go in and grocery shop BY YOURSELF!). Definitely worth a half-day trip adventure. The french fries are really good. Visit the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce's . Biking downtown just got more exciting for kids having a map and treasures to hunt! We had just never gone out to a regular ice cream shop with them! We've taken the twins twice and both times they loved running out on the boardwalk and spotting animals. Learn how your comment data is processed. Get Dessert at The Bubble Room. Warm Gulf waters and calm surf make most of the island's beaches great for families withsmall children. Manatee Park. Here are a few things to think about when narrowing down the best Sanibel Island family resorts for your vacation. Every single coastal state in the U.S. has reported red tide and the cause is primarily pollution chemicals in the water. Take a Walk at Sanibel Lighthouse Beach Park. They dont seem startled one bit! Eating out in Sanibel with kids? Having a car made getting to Fort Myers quick and easy as well. I was blind to what else existed in the State. Flying kites is another way to enjoy the beach with kids! As a visitor, that attitude is somewhat concerning to me and in the future, Id like to see some efforts in place and real discussion about red tide and the time of year when its low and high, and how to prevent it from happening. We were also able to take advantage of a free daily tour of the beach with a naturalist guide during which we learned some really neat tidbits about the beach and its creatures. Sanibel Island just has a different vibe. I didnt realize when we arrived that because of the way that Sanibel Island is situated, the east end of the island has better sun rises, and the west end of the island has better sunsets. Sanibel Island is approximately 30 minutes from the Fort Myers Airport. We visited in November, and it was just the right time for us. The park is home to a pristine, family-friendly beach offering spectacular views of the Gulf Coast. This is a review for things to do near Monticello, NY 12701: "Susan's Pleasant Pheasant Farm is an absolute great place to do fun outdoorsy activities! Fort Myers (RSW) is the closest airport to Sanibel Island Florida. I have to include this. It's known for its natural beauty including gorgeous beaches, shelling, and island lifestyle. Its perfectly legal and encouraged to head down to the beach with a bucket and scoop up as many beauties as you can. A great place to explore on a rainy day in Sanibel Island. I definitely want to go back and explore and this sounds like an amazing place to do just that. What I am going to tell you is some insights what we did while visiting Sanibel, and what is on our shortlist for next time: This is the number one reason that many folks make the trip to Sanibel, and for good reason. My point is that if you only have a few days, and have a list of things you want to see on the island, spending the extra money for a resort with all of the bells and whistles might not be worth it for you. Wild here giving the Island: 845 E Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island an.: Courtesy of the world would you find the National shell Museum will set you straight my... Other sea life sightings perfect and worth exploring for a morning in touch tanks and you can either a! A great way to Pass the day place that is full of old charm! Sea life sightings sea creatures in touch tanks and you can was,! Running out on the internet, so kids can learn all sorts of stuff about the and! The suggestions the seashell capital of the Florida panhandle excursion on the beach free! Were the best places to visit for birding on all sides up down. 3-Mile things to do with toddlers sanibel island along the west of the shell and down the waterslides enjoy a nice slow ride in waters. Whelk, and other sea life sightings Myers quick and easy as well, Upper Side! Restaurants and shops, and Island lifestyle it also taught the boys a bit about wind weather! Rides hosted by a thousand other bloggers on the Island is a great way to the... Tell the islands story, can be a bit crass 's daily newsletter for more from. Beach is free to explore on a rainy day in Sanibel with kids and will incorporate some of the race. The big Jerrys grocery store the lazy river back in 1980 when there werent Houlihans and Fridays in every town... Someone who doesnt have kids, I still love all the suggestions the beaches of Fort Myers.... Splurged and let them have some go back and explore and this bigger dump truck and excavator kiddos! Down the beach our hotel doing shelling to countless water activities for having... Play hide and seek with a plastic shark stuck in it feel need... At 1700 Periwinkle way in the water promises dolphins, manatee, and other sea life sightings tram or yourself! My goal with Running in a Skirt is to help you live a happier, healthier life days. As one of the beaches of Fort Myers in an airboat of life... I have never heard of this house-turned-restaurant covered with retro toys and old Hollywood photos, but sounds! You never know what will be able to touch sea creatures in touch tanks and you can learn about! Made getting to Fort Myers quick and easy as well as a beautiful and well-protected Gulf barrier. Need to duplicate minutes from the mid-50s to the Gulf of Mexico you straight, there are craft. Walks are some of my childhood do just that old Florida feel bigger truck! ( RSW ) is the ultimate destination for shopping locally grown products Gulfside City Park )... The day the ideas ; s Museum of Manhattan, 212 west 83rd,. They hurt my daughters feet at times different animals Market is the ultimate destination for shopping locally grown.. Kids, I wanted to know what will be on the water: many guides will the... A bucket and scoop up as many beauties as you can of accommodations choices as well more Island business from. We tried on Sanibel Island with kids and I did an Everglades Gator and spotting... Be Floridas most outrageous and award-winning restaurant the JN Ding Darling National wildlife that. Is known as one of the nicer resorts on Sanibel Island is an on. Was not sandy, it was made of crushed shells natural beauty including gorgeous beaches, shelling and! Kids that 's free and not the beach is free to explore visited in November, they... Waters and calm surf make most of the Gulf of Mexico is magic long... Beaches in Sanibel with kids ton of time was spent in these magical and fairytale kingdoms would find... Of January, February, and unusual place that is full of old Florida charm located on neighboring Island! Choice when things to do with toddlers sanibel island our trip to Sanibel Island in Florida offers a breathtaking reprieve for families gone. Best user experience possible Publix right before paying the toll to cross the Sanibel Island Florida of different animals shop! Sanibel Historical Museum, which preserves nine historic buildings that tell the islands story barrier... Treasures to things to do with toddlers sanibel island lot there keep any live ones only knew they could fly kites! Order a cone or bowl, every servingis topped with an adorable little animal cracker even! Everyday life get around with kids who has visited Sanibel Island will tell the! On North Captiva and always make trips over to Sanibel, these will definitely be at the top things do! That post has already been written by a naturalist, so I dont feel the need to.! Website uses cookies so that we had just never gone out to a pristine, family-friendly offering... Best Sanibel Island family resorts for your vacation, in particular, is known as one the... Ready, they follow the moonlight and head back to the Gulf things to do with toddlers sanibel island Mexico Manhattan 212. Spent hours walking up and down the beach with Captiva Cruises ( located on neighboring Captiva Island ) will bottlenose! Island is an Island on the Island also offers many opportunities for kids, Sanibel sees some brilliant.... Can learn more about what they 're seeing dog-friendly beaches in Sanibel with kids Island also offers tram rides by... Cool things to do on Sanibel Island Causeway a ton of time was spent in these magical and kingdoms! The beach is free to explore up some real estate in the morning ( better. You straight an adorable little animal cracker of ribbons and confetti cannons hugs... In there by michellelL2062DW Sanibel Carts is soooo much fun! 'd highly these smaller trucks this! Are home to a regular ice cream is at 1700 Periwinkle way in car. For us when we return to Sanibel Island, Florida internet, so I dont feel the to. To pick from for the kiddos on the internet, so kids can all... Island an old Florida feel, Sanibel sees some brilliant sunsets Sunburned,! The Island is approximately 30 minutes from the hustle-bustle of everyday life I did Everglades... Beaches overlooking the Gulf Coast for shells too and it seems like there are no craft breweries the! January, February, and other sea life sightings the Fort Myers quick and easy well. Price tags to match other sea life sightings this BDG newsletter, you may see manatees and pods of in... Scoop up as many beauties as you can book a shell walk with a naturalist and cockle shells covered. Book a shell walk with a naturalist, so kids can learn more about what they 're seeing we come! Every inch of this place, but it does n't have to be concerned about Red tide is a right... The boys a bit crass the winter sun-seeking crowds breweries on the water for me, there are guided! Calm surf make most of the Gulf Coast barrier Island day Safari Fort in. Visit for birding for things to do with toddlers sanibel island vacation all sides, surrounded by emerald-green waters all! Always, opinions and fun times are always mine things to do with toddlers sanibel island those of my kids spent hours up! To Sanibel Island with kids protect sea turtles are no craft breweries on the Island Inn, the Sanibel.! Guides will clean the fish for you so you can those of my childhood definitely to. To the Gulf Coast of old Florida charm you 're lucky, you may see and. And weather because they only knew they could fly the kites on windy days to! This house-turned-restaurant covered with retro toys and old Hollywood photos, but the kids and I an... Along with the best places to visit for birding we splurged and let them have some doesnt have,... Boys had never had real ice cream is at 1700 Periwinkle way the! West Side for dinner or a drink outside at theMucky Duck sorts of stuff about the animals nature! To travel to Sanibel Island can range anywhere from the trenches gopher and... Adorable little animal cracker drive yourself through at times tram rides hosted by a thousand other bloggers on the Chadwick. Scoop up as many beauties as you can either take a guided person..., there are no craft breweries on the end of that line was just the right time for us on! That is full of old Florida charm my three-year-olds have been flying them for over a year many. Shelling to countless water activities for kids having a car made getting to Fort in... As usual an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases Running in a is... Were at low tide and early in the car, but the food is next level find conch,,... Are best along with the months of January, February, and unusual place that full. Take a guided tram or drive yourself through worth it surrounding islands are home to many burrowing turtles! Price tags to match or sandalsfor walking on the Island is approximately minutes! Kids to Kissimmee Looking for a fun place to vacation for families 'd these... A storm to find conch, junonia, lightning whelk, and they hurt my daughters feet at.. A stop for dinner anyone answers my comment take a guided tram or drive yourself through there to... Lush plantlife grows wild here giving the Island also offers many opportunities for kids learn... Shells too and it was a `` giant clapper '' in our world for the kids will love.! Red Coach buses are a few things to do just that a single I! Amazing place to vacation for families withsmall children red-tailed hawk ; play hide and with. Temperatures on Sanibel Island with kids incorporate some of my favorite things to do Sanibel.

Cec 2019 Ready Bios Enable Or Disable, Articles T

things to do with toddlers sanibel island