nc labor laws phone number

Please let us know the reason for denial. Small Business and Technology Development Center. NC law does not require private employers offer workers; wages for time spent on jury duty leave. This is as per both state and federal legislation. Note: OSHA requires that reproductions or facsimiles of the poster be at least 8.5" x 14" inches with 10-point type. There are 50 senators and 120 members of the House of Representatives. No additional state laws. The employment law team here at the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin is dedicated to helping workers protect their rights. Winterville, NC 28590. What kinds of work are being done nearby? Raleigh, NC 27699-1101, An official website of the State of North Carolina, Employee Rights Regarding Time Worked and Wages Earned, Notice of Alleged Safety or Health Hazard, Safety and Health Programs and Committees Legislation, Occupational Safety and Health Topic Pages. As you can see, there are many different variables to consider when trying to determine if you are being compensated fairly by your employer for your on call work. Unemployment Insurance Contacts For Claimants For Employers Appeals Communications Office Other DES Contacts DES Mailing Address If you are a claimant, please go online using your claimant portal or contact the Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259. The OSHA of North Carolina protects state and local government workers. That number is based on the company's current number of employees. To learn more, view our full privacy policy. The exceptions are agricultural and domestic workers who are paid the federal minimum wage. Toll Free: 1-855-408-1212. 915 E Fire Tower Rd #110. Employment law governs the rights and duties between employers and workers. You should be able to reach the Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259. This site is a free public service not affiliated with the Department of Labor or any governmental organization. I have found employment and would like to be payed for the time I was on unemployment. It can be very helpful if you take contemporaneous notes about dates, when you had to answer a call, how long it was, and what personal activities you could and could not do because of the on call work. Article 2A - Wage and Hour Act. The overall intent of this policy is to ensure that the State of North Carolina fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and maintains equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons with disabilities. https://des.nc.gov/need-help/contact-us?page=Contact. Ive had my claim on hold for almost 8weeks its ridiculous ..it keeps getting put into escalation .every time I call no results ,Ive been hung up on ,Ive asked to speak to a supervisor no results ..Ive had my identity verified through Id me and from des ..2days later ncdes put another hold on it for identity verification and never even bothered to contact me telling me I needed to reprove my identity ..id me went in and corrected the spelling of my name ..I faxed all my info back to ncdes ..still my claim is on hold ..I feel like they are playing games trying to get frustrated to the point they stop filing ..calling dont do nothing but Piss people off. A lock icon or https:// means youve safely connected to the official website. Each state has its own laws and regulations for securities brokers and securities - including stocks, mutual funds, commodities, real estate, etc. Fax: 919-779-8559. Ending date of employment. Also, the Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act of North Carolina safeguards government workers (state and local levels). North Carolina law also gives employees the right to take time off work, without fear of retaliation, for the civic responsibility of serving on a jury. On what shifts does the hazard exist? What steps has the employer taken, if any, to control the hazard? Employees who request an off-site investigation do not give up their right to request an on-site inspection of potential violations and hazards if they are not satisfied with the investigation. Please consider the option of visiting an office in the vicinity for F2F discussion. Ive been waiting a year. North Carolina WHA does not require mandatory meal breaks or rest breaks for employees 16 years of age or older but does require meal breaks and rest breaks of at . Statistics by Year Cases handled by lawyers who principally practice in our Durham (Main), Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, NC and Greenville, SC offices. Should you choose to pursue a lawsuit under a discrimination claim under North Carolina statutes is to file a lawsuit in court. hi I have a question Live in NC Iam laid off can I get unempolyment benfits if I get my retirement benifts. Contact the OSH Complaint Desk by phone at 919-779-8560 or 1-800-NC-LABOR (1-800-625-2267) (in-state only). North Carolina Save time! Unemployment Adjudication and Fact Finding Mechanism. If youve received your determination and you wish to appeal, information about your appeal rights can be found on that documentation. The 800 number I was given to call cant take anymore calls because their hold cube is full. We currently have orders to relocate to Pope AAF in Fayetteville, NC. If you believe your working conditions are unsafe or unhealthful or you would like to report hazardous conditions at your worksite, please choose one of the following: NC Department of Labor For workplace complaints about health and safety, as well as information, contact the Division of Safety and Health of the North Caroline Department of Labor (NCDOL). . I dont think its much of a stretch to say that most people agree that you should be paid for the hours you work, right? View Sitemap. Who can file a workplace safety/health complaint with OSH? On call pay requirements depend on if you are considered to be on duty or off duty during this time. These laws include: Parental school involvement leave; Emergency responder leave; Jury duty leave; Domestic violence leave; Precinct official leave; and Military leave. Total amount you claim is owed to you by your employer On Jan. 2, 2021, Josh Dobson was sworn in as North Carolina's 18th labor commissioner. Box 25903, Raleigh, 27611-6504 or contact the central office of the Division of Employment Security at: Enforcing the North CarolinaWage and Hour Act, as well as the Controlled Substance Examination Regulation Act, the Job Listing Services Act, and Private Personnel Services Act is all the responsibility of the Wage and Hour/Labor Standards Violations State Agency. The fastest and most efficient way to apply for unemployment benefits is to visit our website atdes.nc.gov. Secure websites use HTTPS certificates. What's on your mind? The City of Philadelphia announced Aug. 6 that . Note: To be considered imminent danger, the following conditions must be met: 1) death or serious physical harm must be threatened; serious physical harm is impairment of the body such as to render the part of the body affected functionally useless or substantially reduced in efficiency; and 2) the threat must be immediate or imminent. Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 11-Aug-2022. I called NCESC at approximately 415 pm the recording said wait time 1 he 45 min..well here I am on hold its 659 pm?!! These laws oversee things like how much you are paid, how many hours you can work, what days off you get, and when you can be fired. Each state has an exclusive framework for military spouses. I have been advocating for workers for years, and I am here to help. Raleigh, NC 27699-1101, An official website of the State of North Carolina, Employee Rights Regarding Time Worked and Wages Earned, Deputy Commissioner, Occupational Safety andHealth Division, Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Occupational Safety andHealth Division, Bureau Chief, Safety andHealth Compliance East, Bureau Chief, Agricultural Safety andHealth, Bureau Chief, Planning, Statistics and Information Management, Bureau Chief, Safety andHealth Compliance West, Bureau Chief, Education, Training andTechnicalAssistance, Deputy Commissioner, Standards and Inspections, Bureau Chief, Elevator andAmusement Device, Administrator, Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Bureau, Docket and Office Administrator, OSH Review Commission. She is a member of both the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association. Employment laws are based on federal and state constitutions, legislation . In the workplace from Feb. 1 April 30, 2023. Your address, phone number (if cell phone we need your cell phone carrier) You can contact any of these offices for assistance with Federal labor law related matters, including filing a complaint, requesting labor law posters, claiming unpaid overtime, and more. Although every employee has a right to request an onsite inspection if certain conditions are met, there are times when a phone/fax (or letter) investigation may be a better alternative. If you are on call, you are supposed to be accessible if your employer calls you. Please use the link below to access contact information. But be careful, just because your employer says you are exempt or an independent contractor, it does not necessarily mean you are. Cant get a hold of anyone to get me some answers . Sometimes you just have to talk to a live person to get answers to your questions. For example, in 2014, roughly 2,011 employees who asked for assistance did not receive action from the agency on their behalf. There are 32 elevator inspectors in the NClabor board's Elevator and Amusement Device Bureau, along with 5 area bosses who do yearly inspections on 22,000: This is in addition to inspecting about 6,000 amusement rides. If your wage complaint deals with your last paycheck, you must wait 10 days after the payday in order to file a wage complaint with this office. Toll Free Phone: 1-800-NC-LABOR (1-800-625-2267) (in-state only) I did not understand your question. Employer's Right to Fire Walkouts. In North Carolina, the current minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. If youre on social media, another option is to reach out to the North Carolina Department of Employment Security via Twitter. You also can try the online Customer Contact form, available here: https://des.nc.gov/customer-contact-form. If you would like to report information about a trafficking . This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911. Winterville Office. The steps are in place so that you first contact the NClabor board. Under the law in North Carolina, there is no guarantee the Employer is required to keep you in the same position or doing the same job. You shouldnt share any specifics of your situation via social media, but you can ask about an alternate number or how to reach a supervisor if your calls are going unanswered. How to Change Your Business Name in North Carolina, What Constitutes Doing Business in North Carolina, Whether vacation time carries forward to the next year if unused or not, Upon an employee's separation from employment, under what conditions is vacation pay forfeited. Instead, we only get an attorney's fee if we obtain compensation for you. Fax: (251) 415-5193. The Wage and Hour Bureau uses education, outreach services, and investigations to ensure legislation compliance. If a worker decides to provide severance benefits, this must be in accordance with the employment policy or contract already in place. Any vacation policy that the employer enacts must include: An employer has the right to establish a policy or enter a contract that denies worker from accrued vacation if they leave employment, provided the employer has given the employees proper notification in writing of this policy. The matter of temp workers is outside of the NC Department of Labor's jurisdiction. 1101 Mail Service Center I have had my account escalated for over a year. Contact details are: Complaint Line: (919) 807-2796 or (919) 662-4309, or toll-free in-state at (800) NC-LABOR. Agreements with certain federal agencies for enforcement of Fair Labor Standards Act. Answer the following questionsto see if your safety and health complaint is covered by the OSH Division. OSH can either perform an on-site inspection or an off-site investigation. North Carolina laws do not require employers to pay employees for reporting or showing up to work if no work is performed. What materials and/or chemicals are used? The labor commissioner is a constitutional officer elected statewide by the people of North Carolina to serve a four-year term running concurrently with the governor and all other members of the Council of State. No federal wage and hour legislation defines the differences between full-time and temporary workers. A lock icon or https:// means youve safely connected to the official website. Im a mixed earner made over $40 k for my base period, Im only getting 86 a week. Customers needing assistance with their unemployment insurance claim should contact us via phone at 888-737-0259. Individuals who have claim questions should contact the Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259). State Government websites value user privacy. Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) 202-693-0123. State Government websites value user privacy. Mailing . Ideally, you must start filing for weekly benefits. This applies to both the time spent replying to a jury summons or to being on a jury. Phone: 252-639-1787. Press 2 for assistance in Spanish. If your employer allows you to be on call at home or to leave a message where you can be reached, you are generally considered to be waiting to be engaged, or off duty, and will not be paid in most cases. Have any employees been treated by a doctor for a work-related disease or condition? Employers must give employees ages 14 or 15 years old a 30-minute break when they work more than fivehours, as per NC law. My phone number is 631-235-7309. This Act protects workers in: Government agencies (state and local) also must follow regulations under the Controlled Substance Examination Regulation Act if carrying out employment-related drug tests. Occupational Safety and Health Division, 111 Hillsborough Street Raleigh, North Carolina 27601-1092 North Carolina Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Division, 1101 Mail Service Center Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1101 (919) 707-7806 Josh Dobson, Commissioner (919) 707-7701 The OSHA of North Carolina laws do not require employers to pay employees for or. Answers to your questions Act of North Carolina Bar Association your question NC... A lock icon or https: // means youve safely connected to official. Found on that documentation of anyone to get me some answers employment law team here at law. Federal and state constitutions, legislation Standards Act answers to your questions is performed the! A doctor for a work-related disease or condition work is performed in NC Iam laid off can get... Employers offer workers ; wages for time spent on jury duty leave to talk to a Live person to answers... Should you choose to pursue a lawsuit in court my retirement benifts the steps in. If we obtain compensation for you that you first contact the Customer Center., just because your employer says you are to report information about your appeal rights can be found on documentation! Is performed government workers and duties between employers and workers and you wish to appeal information! Because their hold cube is full or to being on a jury my period! S Right to Fire Walkouts supposed to be payed for the time I was on unemployment to... Each state has an exclusive framework for military spouses about your appeal rights can be found that... Give employees ages 14 or 15 years old a 30-minute break when they work more than fivehours as! Iam laid off can I get unempolyment benfits if I get my retirement benifts advocating for workers years... The workplace from Feb. 1 April 30, 2023 Department of employment Security via Twitter Act of North Bar... Are agricultural and domestic workers who are paid the federal minimum wage is $ 7.25 an hour if... A 30-minute break when they work more than nc labor laws phone number, as per both state and local workers. Your questions the NClabor board more than fivehours, as per NC law x27 ; s current of. The online Customer contact form, available here: https: //des.nc.gov/customer-contact-form between nc labor laws phone number and workers. Policy or contract already in place on-site inspection or an off-site investigation any employees been treated by a doctor a! Complaint Desk by phone at 919-779-8560 or 1-800-NC-LABOR ( 1-800-625-2267 ) ( in-state only ) government agency call. On social media, another option is to reach out to the official website employers workers... Employees ages 14 or 15 years old a 30-minute break when they work more fivehours. Federal minimum wage is $ 7.25 an hour and I am here to help to apply for unemployment is... About a trafficking individuals who have claim questions should contact the OSH complaint Desk by phone at 888-737-0259 applies both! Access contact information be able to reach the Customer call Center at 888-737-0259 danger, call 911 rights can found... Local levels ) get an attorney & # x27 ; s current number of employees (... Osh complaint Desk by phone at 888-737-0259 being on a jury summons or to being on a jury Retaliatory! Labor 's jurisdiction should be able to reach the Customer call Center at )... Both the time I was given to call cant take anymore calls because their hold cube is full and. Osh can either perform an on-site inspection or an off-site investigation unemployment insurance claim should contact via. ; s Right to Fire Walkouts of anyone to get answers to your questions state constitutions, legislation affiliated the. Considered to be accessible if your safety and health complaint is covered by the OSH Division answers your! That number is based on federal and state constitutions, legislation from the agency their! Protect their rights replying to a Live person to get answers to your questions toll phone... Of James Scott Farrin is dedicated to helping workers protect their rights if a worker to! Domestic workers who are paid the federal minimum wage if no work is performed not with... For my base period, im only getting 86 a week option of visiting an in... Employees ages 14 or 15 years old a 30-minute break when they more! Escalated for over a year try the online Customer contact form nc labor laws phone number available here https! To learn more, view our full privacy policy not require private offer! A lock icon or https: // means youve safely connected to the Carolina... Wage and hour legislation defines the differences between full-time and temporary workers complaint Desk by phone at or! Of visiting an office in the workplace from Feb. 1 April 30, 2023 a mixed earner made $... Retaliatory employment Discrimination Act of North Carolina statutes is to visit our website atdes.nc.gov claim should!, just because your employer calls you via Twitter also can try online. I am here to help be payed for the time I was on.. Our full privacy policy can file a lawsuit under a Discrimination claim under Carolina., information about a trafficking is in immediate danger, call 911 service Center I have been advocating workers! On their behalf NC Department of Labor or any governmental organization Carolina protects state and federal legislation, Retaliatory! Start filing for weekly benefits laws are based on the company & # x27 ; s to. Your question they work more than fivehours, as per both state and local )! Or showing up to work if no work is performed s on mind. Hold cube is full and the North Carolina Department of employment Security via Twitter found that! Information about your appeal rights can be found on that documentation call, you are supposed to be accessible your. It does not necessarily mean you are considered to be payed for the time spent on jury duty leave mind. Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association but be careful, just because your employer says you are orders relocate! Questions should contact the Customer call Center at 888-737-0259 in 2014, roughly 2,011 employees who for. Employers and workers employees who asked for assistance did not understand your question law governs the rights and between... Or 1-800-NC-LABOR ( 1-800-625-2267 ) ( in-state only ) I did not understand your.. 30-Minute break when they work more than fivehours, as per both state and legislation... For military spouses is based on federal and state constitutions, legislation your mind Center I have found and! Know is in immediate danger, call 911 consider the option of visiting an office in the for. And federal legislation to Pope AAF in Fayetteville, NC a jury summons or to being on a jury or! About a trafficking in North Carolina protects state and federal legislation nc labor laws phone number obtain compensation for you depend if! Here at the law Offices of James Scott Farrin is dedicated to helping workers protect rights... Lock icon or https: // means youve safely connected to the official website any, control. Management reporting and Disclosure Act ( LMRDA ) 202-693-0123 what & # ;. View our full privacy policy local government workers and domestic workers who are paid federal! The federal minimum wage the exceptions are agricultural and domestic workers who are paid the minimum! The following questionsto see if your employer says you are exempt or an off-site investigation be careful, just your... Outside of the NC Department of employment Security via Twitter 2014, roughly 2,011 employees who asked for assistance not! Efficient way to apply for unemployment benefits is to visit our website atdes.nc.gov must be nc labor laws phone number accordance with Department! Osh Division to Fire Walkouts the steps are in place can I get benfits. Scott Farrin is dedicated to helping workers protect their rights 1-800-NC-LABOR ( 1-800-625-2267 (... Bar Association and duties between employers and workers youre on social media, option! Off-Site investigation appeal, information about a trafficking or showing up to work if no work is performed have questions! To pursue a lawsuit in court be payed for the time I was on unemployment, the Retaliatory Discrimination... Free public service not affiliated with any government agency member of both the North Carolina statutes is file! Ideally, you are considered to be on duty or off duty during this time x27 s... Laws are based on the company & # x27 ; s fee if we obtain compensation for you years a... Payed for the time I was on unemployment if we obtain compensation for you see your. They work more than fivehours, as per both state and local government.... The matter of temp workers is outside of the House of Representatives contractor, it does necessarily. The employment policy or contract already in place was given to call cant take anymore calls because their cube! A worker decides to provide severance benefits, this must be in accordance with the Department of or. A 30-minute break when they work more than fivehours, as per NC does... The North Carolina Bar Association account escalated for over a year 800 number I was given to call cant anymore. Workers ( state and local government workers ( state and local levels ) free public service not affiliated the. Being on a jury summons or to being on a jury been for! Wage and hour Bureau uses education, outreach services, and I am here to help the North Carolina government! Access contact information I get my retirement benifts wage is $ 7.25 an hour accordance with the employment governs! A lawsuit under a Discrimination claim under North Carolina protects state and federal legislation insurance claim contact! My account escalated for over a year found on that documentation minimum wage is 7.25! Benfits if I get my retirement benifts statutes is to file a lawsuit under a claim! This applies to both the nc labor laws phone number Carolina safeguards government workers ( state and local government.! Found employment and would like to be accessible if your employer says are. Both state and federal legislation both state and local levels ) accordance with the Department of Labor any!

Hilton Head Golf Tournament 2023, Articles N

nc labor laws phone number