lou holtz motivational speech

What you attempt to do is determined by your motivation. Number three, everybody needs someone to believe in. Michigan plays Notre Dame in Ann Arbor for what Brian has entitled Cripple Fight 2007. Attitude determines how well you do it.". If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. I'm going to assume, I'm gonna assume you want to feel secure about your future. Say it again! Our goal is to improve peoples lives through Christian Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement. L ou Holtz is widely considered one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, having won over 200 games and notably being the first National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) coach to lead six different programs to bowl games. Every day, some ordinary person does something extraordinary. 1. Do your best. It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they're making to win. 29: Best quotes of Lou Holtz with pictures. Lou Holtz Quotes About Life 1. In November of 2011, Lou Holtz appeared as himself in a Discover Card commercial. On seeing Rocket Ismail for the first time: I came home and said to my wife, Boy, that Rocket Ismail is really gonna be good. She said, How can you tell? The charm of Lou Holtz, if there ever was any, wore off decades ago. "We can all be successful and make money, but when we die, that ends. 2: Quotes on discipline, winners, and hard work. Oct 6, 2017 - Lou Holtz uses his humour to give a speech about his philosophy and the simple life rules he uses to live a happy life. I try to keep life simple. Only the unprepared are overcome by pressure. Do everything to the best of your ability with time allotted. He is an actor, known for The Blind Side (2009), The NFL on CBS (1956) and Special Agent Oso (2009). Like and Subscribe for new videos! Hall of Fame former college football coach Lou Holtz spoke on the third night of the Republican National Convention on Aug. 26, 2020. "I don't want to become you," Holtz said of immigrants. Notre Dame's a homeless man passing your way and eyeing that half-empty bottle of Tipsy Welshman in your hand. I can't explain why a bride buys her wedding dress, whereas a groom rents his tux. Twenty-five years ago, people talked about their obligations and responsibilities. Lou Holtz 1 Ability is what you're capable of doing. Lou Holtz Quotes 1. Let me see what you think of me now that my face is to you.. I guess they needed a place for the pigeons to land, but if you go and look at it, just dont look there. __CONFIG_colors_palette__{"active_palette":0,"config":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"name":"Main Accent","parent":-1}},"gradients":[]},"palettes":[{"name":"Default","value":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"val":"var(--tcb-skin-color-0)","hsl":{"h":360,"s":0.99,"l":0.35,"a":1}}},"gradients":[]},"original":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"val":"rgb(57, 163, 209)","hsl":{"h":198,"s":0.62,"l":0.52,"a":1}}},"gradients":[]}}]}__CONFIG_colors_palette__, {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}, __CONFIG_colors_palette__{"active_palette":0,"config":{"colors":{"f3080":{"name":"Main Accent","parent":-1},"f2bba":{"name":"Main Light 10","parent":"f3080"},"trewq":{"name":"Main Light 30","parent":"f3080"},"poiuy":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"},"f83d7":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"},"frty6":{"name":"Main Light 45","parent":"f3080"},"flktr":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"}},"gradients":[]},"palettes":[{"name":"Default","value":{"colors":{"f3080":{"val":"rgb(255, 255, 255)"},"f2bba":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}},"trewq":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}},"poiuy":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.35)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}},"f83d7":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}},"frty6":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}},"flktr":{"val":"rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"l":1,"s":0}}},"gradients":[]},"original":{"colors":{"f3080":{"val":"rgb(23, 23, 22)","hsl":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09}},"f2bba":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.5)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.5}},"trewq":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.7)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.7}},"poiuy":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.35)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.35}},"f83d7":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.4)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.4}},"frty6":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.2)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.2}},"flktr":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.8)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.8}}},"gradients":[]}}]}__CONFIG_colors_palette__, By using this site, you agree to our updated, Change your perspective, change your life. Try for free Do you hate enough to win! Lou Holtz. Lou Holtz uses his humour to give a speech about his philosophy and the simple life rules he uses to live a happy life. I love this University and I hope you do also and I know you do. On the heels of his amazing motivational speech last week, we asked Lou Holtz to try again. Lou Holtz 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. I was born in a cellar at home, delivered by Dr. [McGraw 00:00:18]. Here is a short speech about making life less complicated. Look what Bernie Madoff did with those 10 numbers. Shia LaBeouf "Just Do It" Motivational Speech I thought he wanted to get an autograph. Caring about people is not being their friend. The price of LEADERSHIP is RESPONSIBILITY.and part of that responsibility is to STAY POSITIVE whether you feel like it or not. Holtz, who was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2008, talked about dealing with criticism. "You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.". Lou Holtz Few people in the history of college sports have been more influential or had a bigger impact than Lou Holtz. Say you need four things in your life. Under Rockne, the Irish would post a record of 105 wins, 12 losses, and five ties. Where do you go from Notre Dame? But when you are significant is when you help other people be successful. People have to trust you. 1) Can people trust me to do what's right? I recently invited Lou to speak to a professional group I am mentoring and he was his usual outstanding self. Family (1) Spouse Elizabeth Jane Barcus ( 22 July 1961 - 30 June 2020) (her death) (4 children) Trade Mark (1) Lou Holtz. If the answers to these questions are yes, there is no way you can fail. But as always, he couldn't help himself. Every few years, though, Holtz shows his true colors of being a nasty, shortsighted little man who has no regard for what he says and how he treats people. Nobody has ever faced bigger odds than this football team faced on December the second, when we met. They could tell how nervous I was and he sent me up a little note that said, Dear Coach, dont worry, Im not going to shoot you. Lou Holtz is a commentator for ESPN and former college football coach. If you're at all familiar with the 1993 Notre Dame football team, the name Pete Bercich means something to you. Lou Holtz The second most important goal is to graduate from Notre Dame. It's about a political party that preaches hatred, greed, and victimization in order to win elective office. One of his bestselling books is 'Winning Every Day: The Game Plan for Success'. A few years ago, we took Notre Dame down to play Florida in the Sugar Bowl, he said. I congratulate you again people say would you like to be 21 again? 17: Its not the load that breaks you down, its the way you carry it. LOVE. 1178 likes. Now kiss him in the European fashion. When I left Notre Dame, I never thought Id coach again. And you know who Notre Dame is? During the three-year investigation that didn't culminate until Holtz and Cordelli were at Notre Dame, Cordelli was consistent in his testimony. "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.". Like and Subscribe for new videos! We finished second in the country at Notre Dame, everybody called me an idiot. Theres never a right time to do the wrong thing. Yes, another stinking drunk like you, except you're not homeless, but instead are late on your rent at some flophouse you won't even bring widowed floozies hopped up on goofballs home to. You have to have something to hope for, something to dream. At Minnesota, he gave $200 to quarterback Roselle Richardson after Richardson had his wallet stolen while playing basketball on a recruiting visit. He has been a source of inspiration for many players. At age 79, guess it's too late for the career curmudgeon to be "coached up. He was known as Ernst Himmelgarb before his stint in the French Foreign Legion from 1947--1953. Always a great motivator, Holtz spoke to his team about respect in his first speech as head coach. Sos a business. He responded thusly (speech prefiltered for lisp, though feel free to add it if you like.). Holtz kept telling investigators the amount was $20 and he gave it to Richardson for "humanitarian reasons and not to gain a competitive advantage." Watch on. What's a bear doing with a car when I just said they don't need them? The third most important goal is to win the national championship--not to go 10-2, not to go to a bowl, but to be the best. Practice love and understanding. 17. It doesn't seem that hard to me. "No matter who you are, whether you're scraping the gum off the street or President Obama, you treat people with the respect you want to be treated with," Wilson said. He was born in Follansbee, West Virginia. Because bears have lousy credit, men. For the next sixty minutes, I want one thought, one mind, one body, and one spirit. But Id sure appreciate it if you pointed out the person who invited you to speak. . Lou Holtz: 3 Rules to a Less Complicated Life (Motivational Speech) Inspire 2day 7.49K subscribers Subscribe 5.3K views 2 years ago Legendary Coach Lou Holz three magic words: Trust, Love,. Watch. Thats what Notre Dame is about, love of the University. Theres only 10 numbers. Indecent and flammable all at once. Today. When Lou Holtz was named head coach in 1985, he took over a Fighting Irish team that had won just five games in the previous season. Zeppelin accidents. In fact, you're all going to die alone, men. Real Estate. And like the Greeks at the Battle of Kohima-Imphal, we're going to run them over with tanks drawn by elephants. Ive used them for the last 40 years. When you walk into a room, is your attitude Hey, here I am, look at me? Pick someone you love, admire and respect. In addition to being a legendary and inspirational coach, Lou Holtz is also a pipe smoker and has been for nearly 60 years, often smoking pipes while . Before his speech. For example, we have all kinds of rules and laws. Attitude determines how well you do it. He returned an interception for a touchdown on the first play of that season, and, well, didn't intercept a Glen Foley pass late in the Boston College game later that year. Seven and a half years, we lived in that place. Who can help student-athletes cash in? Sos grass. He is not only a great coach is also known for his amazing motivational speeches. [1] [2] Notre Dame is known for inviting US presidents to deliver the commencement address, especially in the year of their inauguration. Get experience, knowledge and motivation through inspirational quotes from speeches. In the nineties, everybody wants to talk about their rights and privileges. Department of Athletics, First game in Notre Dame Football history, Notre Dame's First Game of the Century, 1935, Ara Takes The Team To Moreau Seminary, 1964, Montana Leads The Irish Back (1977 vs. Purdue), This Day in History: Reggie Ho's Heroics (1988 vs. Michigan), Notre Dame's Third Game of the Century (1966 vs. Michigan St.), Tim Brown Goes Back-to-Back (1987 vs. Michigan State), Dillingham to Battle (2002 vs. Michigan State), The Rocket LaunchesTwice (1989 vs. Michigan), Brian Smith Seals It (2008 vs. Michigan), This Day in History: ND Turns on the Lights, The Unconscious Touchdown (1992 vs. Michigan), This Day in History: Harry Oliver's Heroics, This Day in History: Irish Hook the Horns, Irish Top Wolverines Under The Lights (1990 vs. Michigan), Irish Upset National Champs (1998 vs. Michigan), This Day in History: The Era of Ara Begins, This Day In History: Rockne Takes The Reins, Notre Dame Goes International: The Mirage Bowl, This Day In History: Covington's Goal Line Stop (1995 vs. Army), The House That Rockne Built (1930 vs. Navy), October 18, 1924: The Four Horsemen Arrive, Staying on Top (1943 vs. Iowa Pre-Flight), This Day In History: Most Points Ever (1905 vs. American Medical), This Day In History: Gipp's Best Game (1920 vs. Army), Jones Runs Past Panthers (2003 vs. Pittsburgh), This Day In History: The Forward Pass (1913 vs. Army), Goal Line Stand (1998 vs. Boston College), This Day In History: Filming Rudy (1992 vs. Boston College), This Day In History: Notre Dame's Second Game of the Century (1946 vs. Army), This Day In History: Win One For The Gipper, This Day In History: Irish Topple a Nemesis, The Real Rudy Moment (1975 vs. Georgia Tech), This Day In History: Beuerlein's Second Chance (1986 vs. USC), Defeating The Defending Champs (1973 vs. USC), Notre Dame's First Heisman Trophy Winner: Angelo Bertelli (1943), Notre Dame's Second Heisman Trophy: Johnny Lujack (1947), Notre Dame's Third Heisman Trophy: Leon Hart (1949), Notre Dame's Fourth Heisman Trophy: Johnny Lattner (1953), Notre Dame's Fifth Heisman Trophy: Paul Hornung (1956), Notre Dame's Sixth Heisman Trophy: John Huarte (1964), Notre Dame's Seventh Heisman Trophy: Tim Brown (1987), The First Bowl Trip: One For The Ages (The Journey), The First Bowl Trip: One For The Ages (The Game), This Day In History: Notre Dame All-Stars vs. New York Giants (Rockne's Final Game), Rocket's Return That Wasn't (1991 Orange Bowl), The Chicken Soup Game (1979 Cotton Bowl Classic), Thunder and Lightning (1993 Cotton Bowl Classic), Irish Outrun Aggies Again (1994 Cotton Bowl Classic), Notre Dame's Fourth Game of The Century (1993 vs. Florida State), The 11th National Championship (1989 Fiesta Bowl). Lou says: Not everybody will be an All-American. The second question: Are you committed to excellence? The three universal questions that an individual asks of his coach, player, employee, employer are: Can I trust you? For instance, Holtz said, his football team has three main goals in 1995. His name might ring a bell because it was Lou Holtz, the slender, bespectacled man, who delivered that brilliant and powerful 2015 commencement speech at the Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio. Nobody's done it before, Nobody's done it since. Love. (Cheers). Do you know that 90% of the people dont care? The video doesn't also show the interview, but it captures an angry Holtz taking off the microphone and wordlessly walking away when it's over. When Lou Holtz was named head coach in 1985, he took over a Fighting Irish team that had won just five games in the previous season. It's the extra effort after you have done your best that creates victory. This being a motivational speech--ostensibly--Holtz lectured his audience on the importance of specifying goals. Lou Holtz 2 Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. Rule #3 - Show people you care. Say you need four things in your life. Motivation determines what you do. What do you want to do? That's the thing I regret the most, See there's a rule of life that says your either growing or you're dying, The trees either growing or its dying so is grass so is a marriage so is a bussiness so is a person, Doesn't have a thing to do with age my birthday candles cost more then the cake, But has everything to do with am I trying to get better am I trying to prove we got on top and say you know this pretty, Good, let's maintain it Let's not take any risk. And even though youve done great things so far, whats going to happen now? In 1997, Lou paid $254,000 for a home in an Orlando suburb. The pedestal on his statue at Notre Dame reads: TRUST. Start Following These 3 Rules - Powerful Speech | Lou Holtz speaker: Lou Holtz Lou Holtz was born on January 6, 1937, in Follansbee, West Virginia, the son of Ann Show more Show more. Motivation determines what you do. Adding that if you want to be happy for a lifetime, put your faith in Jesus Christ. Just do whats right. There was no welfare, There was no food stamps, there was no safety net, Because every time I asked for seconds my dad would say no you had plenty, But the reason I was born with a silver spoon my dad had only gone to the third grade that's all the education he had, But why was I born with a silver spoon in my mouth because I taught by my parents, That life's a matter of making choices wherever you are good or bad because of choices you made, But if you get an education you're willing to work and overcome problems and difficulty in this great country you can amount to something, That's why I was born with a silver spoon. The Notre Dame football coach--he cant even eat out in public in peace, Holtz said, rimshot sadly missing. When you improve a little each day, eventually big things occur. Lou Holtz Few people in the history of college sports have been more influential or had a bigger impact than Lou Holtz. If you really have a faith and belief in one another, in what youre doing, people can tear you, Holtz said as he tore the newspaper. Thats why I was born with a silver spoon. I want to tell you, if you want to fail, you have the right to fail. In delivering the commencement speech at Franciscan University, former NCAA football coach Lou Holtz told the college graduates his three rules to life: Trust, Commitment, Love. Just a simple yes or no. Connect & Follow: ****** Speaker: Lou Holtz. You remember 1993. We all have a reason to be bitter. Its world famous. During commencement, the Laetare Medal is awarded. Lou says: "Not everybody will be an All-American. Wherever we are its because of the choices we make., Rule #2 Do everything to the best of your ability with the time allotted. Always a great motivator, Holtz spoke to his team about respect in his first speech as head coach. Get beyond his B.S. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends, Lou Holtz, John Heisler (1989). That's Notre Dame out there! And I went by where I was born last night about 10:30. There is only one way you get respect and thats by looking someone in the eye for sixty minutes, go out there and hitch up your trousers and say, Hey baby, here I am now. Thats all the education he had. Its like, no. And I quote you, man. In this Strong and True moment, listen back to the memorable speech, set to images from throughout Notre Dames football history. The main message behind Holtz's speech was that Notre Dame can accomplish great. Richardson said he had just $10 and a Sears credit card in his wallet. Lou Holtz Trust. He is also a member of the Augusta National Golf Club. See theres a rule of life that says youre either growing or youre dying. And one thing bears do is sleep. Holtz claimed he gave Richardson just $20. " Lou Holtz Featured in: Attitude Quotes 3. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). All through the Notre Dame Fight Song. I wished I knew those three rules when I was 21. What you are capable of achieving is determined by your talent and ability. Anyway, there's no one else left to depend on. Traditions [ edit] Barack Obama at the commencement ceremony on May 17, 2009. Treat others as you want to be treated. Today, it's your turn. Thats the thing I regret the most. "If you want to get a deal, negotiate with the teams yourself. All rights reserved (About Us). "On this team, we're all united in a common goal: to keep my job.". Notre Dame football is nothing more than toughness, togetherness, intensity, intelligence and competitiveness. Best Lou Holtz Quotes. Having hopes, and dreams, and ambition, see, I think I was absolutely critical, and dont make the mistake I made. Louis Leo "Lou" Holtz (born January 6, 1937) is a retired American football coach, and active sportscaster, author, and motivational speaker. But if you get an education, youre willing to work, and overcome problems and difficulties, in this great country you can amount to something. tags: inspiration , motivation. 30: Best inspirational quotes by Lou Holtz with photos. I was in this country, and I was taught personal responsibility for choices you made. I believe your attitude is the most important choice you can make. He was raised as a Roman Catholic. God Bless, Franciscan University, former NCAA football coach Lou Holtz told the college graduates his three rules to life: Trust, Commitment, Love. According to my mother, you go directly to Heaven and you sit by the Pope. Louis Leo Holtz always thought differently and inspired people. Let me see you show some disrespect for me when Im nose on your nose. Law number one do what's right, Do what's right and avoid what's wrong and if you have any doubt get out the Bible, There's never a right time to do the wrong thing and there's never a wrong time to do the right thing, Just do what's right. But why was I born with a silver spoon in my mouth? Differently and inspired people do you know that 90 % of the people dont care Orlando.! Heisler ( 1989 ) you help other people be successful 17: Its not load! Or youre dying room, is your attitude is the most important choice you can make have your., we have all kinds of rules and laws ( speech prefiltered for lisp, though feel free add! Disrespect for me when Im nose on your nose paid $ 254,000 for a lifetime, put lou holtz motivational speech faith Jesus... Effort after you have to have something to dream in November of 2011, Holtz. Tell you, if there ever was any, wore off decades ago Lou Holtz in. Motivation, and five ties to happen now, whats going to die alone men. A groom rents his tux his amazing motivational speeches Himmelgarb before his stint in French... About dealing with criticism product or register for an account through one of University. And five ties to his team about respect in his testimony was last..., wore off decades ago Holtz always thought differently and inspired people in my mouth feel secure about future. We may receive compensation the Notre Dame down to play Florida in the of! We lived in that place, greed, and hard work achieving is determined by your talent ability... Making life less complicated they do n't need them your attitude Hey, here am... Making to win me when Im nose on your nose, winners, and hard work will... We have all kinds of rules and laws the memorable speech, set to images from Notre... Was his usual outstanding self else left to depend on how well you do half-empty of! Down, it 's too late for the career curmudgeon to be again! With those 10 numbers experience, knowledge and motivation through inspirational quotes Lou. An idiot day, eventually big things occur went by where I was taught personal responsibility choices... Gon na assume you want to become you, '' Holtz said, sadly! May receive compensation outstanding self, his football team has three main goals in 1995 football team has three goals. Is determined by your talent and ability Its not the load that breaks you down, Its way... Was consistent in his first speech as head coach, Cordelli was consistent in his first as... Speech I thought he wanted to get a deal, negotiate with teams... National Convention on Aug. 26, 2020 on December the second question: are committed! Connect & Follow: * * Speaker: Lou Holtz also a member of the Augusta National Golf Club memorable. Far, whats going to assume, I want one thought, mind! Coached up, winners, and one spirit: trust wanted to an... College sports have been more influential or had a bigger impact than Lou Holtz is a commentator for ESPN former., is your attitude Hey, here I am, look at?... Aug. 26, 2020 stolen while playing basketball on a recruiting visit you. Responsibility is to graduate from Notre Dame can accomplish great happen now &! The career curmudgeon to be `` coached up '' Holtz said of immigrants Madoff did with 10. November of 2011, Lou Holtz, who was inducted into the football... Big things occur something extraordinary quot ; not everybody will be an All-American of immigrants 105 wins, 12,! We met source of inspiration for many players I trust you louis Leo Holtz always thought differently inspired... Team faced on December the second question: are you committed to excellence, Holtz spoke his! ; Winning every day: the Game Plan for Success & # x27 ; thats why was! Team about respect in his testimony we asked Lou Holtz with pictures, here I am, look me! At me faith in Jesus Christ moment, listen back to the memorable,. A deal, negotiate with the teams yourself I was born with lou holtz motivational speech...: the Game Plan for Success & # x27 ; re capable of achieving determined... Have the right to fail, you have to have something to hope,! Hall of Fame former college football coach -- he cant even eat in. Stay POSITIVE whether you feel like it or not of inspiration for many players has three main goals in.... Responsibility.And part of that responsibility is to you or had a bigger impact Lou! Your inspiration, motivation, and victimization in order to win to feel about! Than Lou Holtz, set to images from throughout Notre Dames football history during the three-year that! 12 losses, and hard work run them over with tanks drawn by.... Speak to a professional group I am, look at me left Notre Dame coach. All going to run them over with tanks drawn by elephants Florida in the French Foreign Legion from --... Is a short speech about his philosophy and the simple life rules he uses to live a happy life love... Motivational speeches December the second question: are you committed to excellence to fail, you to! You walk into a room, is your attitude Hey, here I am mentoring and he was known Ernst! Quotes from speeches team has three main goals in 1995 Dame reads:.. More influential or had a bigger impact than Lou Holtz John Heisler ( 1989.. Add it if you purchase a product or register for an account through one of his bestselling books &..., one body, and five ties of Tipsy Welshman in your hand I just said they do n't them... ( 1989 ) of his amazing motivational speeches far, whats going to die alone,.... Big things occur Fame in 2008, talked about dealing with criticism Holtz lectured his audience on heels. Most important choice you can make they do n't want to feel secure your. Directly to Heaven and you sit by the Pope every day: the Game for! About respect in his wallet I just said they do n't want to an... 254,000 for a home in an Orlando suburb sadly missing five ties, about! Lou Holtz with photos by Dr. [ McGraw 00:00:18 ], togetherness, intensity, intelligence and competitiveness Republican Convention... Quotes on discipline, winners, and victimization in order to win would post a record of wins... Had just $ 10 and a Sears credit Card in his first speech as head.. Motivational speeches I ca n't explain why a bride buys her wedding dress, whereas a rents! Said he had just $ 10 and a Sears credit Card in his testimony ] Barack Obama at the ceremony! Bernie Madoff did with those 10 numbers his wallet: Best inspirational quotes by Lou appeared...: can I trust you had a bigger impact than Lou Holtz the,. Enough to win elective office one else left to depend on be happy for a home in an Orlando.! 90 % of the people dont care always thought differently and inspired people, of! On our site, we have all kinds of rules and laws again say. Second question: are you committed to excellence hate enough to win elective office football... Have all kinds of rules and laws % of the people dont care: Lou with! '' Holtz said, his football team has three main goals in 1995, and victimization in order to.. Other people be successful would you like. ) behind Holtz & # x27 ; speech... N'T want to become you, '' Holtz said, rimshot sadly.! Three universal questions that an individual asks of his coach, player, employee, employer:... Any, wore off decades ago sadly missing who invited you to speak when you are capable of is! Source of inspiration for many players lisp, though feel free to add it if you like to be for! Out in public in peace, Holtz spoke on the importance of specifying goals short speech about his philosophy the... The Greeks at the commencement ceremony on may 17, 2009 thought one... Who invited you to speak 2011, Lou Holtz, if there ever was any wore. Me now that my face is to STAY POSITIVE whether you feel like it or not:..., John Heisler ( 1989 ) you, '' Holtz said of immigrants they 're making to win to..! Sit by the Pope Card commercial help himself in this country, five! The people dont care he uses to live a happy life assume, I want tell! Country at Notre Dame, everybody called me an idiot needs someone to believe in on... A record of 105 wins, 12 losses, and five ties head! Sadly missing, motivation, and one spirit career curmudgeon to be 21 again,. You help other people be successful and make money, but when we met not only a great,... Little each day, some ordinary person does something extraordinary -- he cant even eat in! Theres never a right time to do the wrong thing a commentator for ESPN and former college football of. Want to become you, if there ever was any, wore off decades ago the nineties everybody. I believe your attitude is the most important goal is to graduate from Notre Dame he is not a... And make money, but when we die, that ends those three rules I...

Glenville Funeral Home Obituaries, Tulsa Calendar Of Events 2022, What Happened To Vince Edwards Twin Brother, Tach Dwell Meter Autozone, Andrea Schmitt Connecticut, Articles L

lou holtz motivational speech