kaitlyn higgins louisville

The graphic murder of 10-year-old Kyan Higgins Jr., allegedly at the hands of his mother Kaitlyn Higgins earlier this year, was the catalyst for Metro Councilwoman Paula . The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. LMPD said Tuesday that they had launched a death investigation after a juvenile was found dead in the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway on Tuesday evening. . One neighbor, who did not wish to share his name, said his kids go to the same school the 10-year-boy had attended. 22, 2021 at 6:50 AM PDT. Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. When officers arrived, they found Higgins on the porch and what they believed to be blood on the front steps. Louisville Metro police were called to Kaitlyn Renee Higgins' home in the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday after someone called 911 to say a woman had a gun and was . 00:00 00:15 Author: WHAS11 Staff Published: 12:30 AM. Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, was arrested for the murder of her 10 year old son in Louisville, Kentucky. No one answered the front door of the residence on Algonquin Parkway when a Courier Journal reporter knocked Wednesday morning, with a dog seen in the window. Police said he is with family and is safe. People named Kaitlyn Higgins. "I didn't step up, I didn't do the right thing, I didn't listen, I should've said something," she said.Lancaster remembers the 10-year-old boy as a sweet kid who loved anime, YouTube videos and playing video games with her son.She says she is also a single mother and that whatever Higgins was going through she could have reached out for help. "She appears to confuse Orders from family court proceedings with events in her criminal action and gets very angry and combative when attempts to correct her are made," Hellman wrote in the motion. "This wasn't the Kaitlyn I knew," the babysitter, Miah Lancaster,told WHAS. This is so unfair. Reach Billy Kobin at bkobin@courierjournal.com. Dont ignore the signs of maltreatment with that child, and dont ignore the dynamics that you see, Akers said. According to police, Kaitlyn Higgins admitted to the shooting and to trying to cut out his tongue. Kaitlyn R. Higgins, 28, was found on a porch of her residence in the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway and admitted to LMPD detectives that she shot her son after trying to cut his tongue,. All rights reserved. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. "I know I heard those shots, was there something I could've done? Chesterfield school cancels appearance of former neo-Nazi, Justin Bieber cancels remainder of world tour after Ramsay Hunt syndrome diagnosis, School leaders speak with community on concerns at George Wythe High School, Stoney lays out budget priorities including community college for all, real-time crime center. Akers is the CEO of St. Joseph Childrens Home, an organization that cares for children whove been victims of trauma and help them get the care they need. They found him dead with at least one gunshot wound in her car.According to police, Kaitlyn Higgins admitted to the shooting and to trying to cut out his tongue.Higgins is now in custody charged with murder-domestic violence and tampering with physical evidence. Before the 10-year-old was killed at his home in the Taylor Berry neighborhood in April 2021, records show his mother, Kaitlyn Higgins, 29, was cited for animal abuse. When. >> THE GUY ACROSS THE STREET TOLD MY BOYFRIEND, I SAW HER CARRYING A BODY TO THE CAR. WHEN OFFICERS ARRIVED TUESDAY NIGHT, THEY FOUND BLOOD ON THE PORCH. LMPD said Tuesday that they had launched a death investigation after a juvenile was found dead in the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway on Tuesday evening. Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, is charged with murder in an incident that killed her 10-year-old son, KJ. This is so unfair, Lancaster said. Louisville Metro police were called to the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday. According to officers, Higgins gave a post-Mirandized statement to detectives admitting she attempted to cut the victim's tongue out of his mouth and shooting him, then placing him in the trunk of her car. Lancaster said she wanted to check on a toddler that also lived at Higgins house, but no one appeared to be home. Online records confirm that Kaitlyn Renee Higgins has been charged with murder stemming from domestic violence and tampering with evidence. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Oh my God, it felt very close to home, she said. Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. He was such a good boy.". >> HE HAD CAME ONCE TO THE HOUSE WITH A BLACK EYE. "He was a sweet loving child, he was such a good boy. LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Louisville mother has been arrested after the body of her 10-year-old son was found in the trunk of her vehicle. Louisville dispatch said they received a call that a woman had a gun and a dead child wrapped in a blanket around 8:45 p.m. Police responded to the scene and found 28-year-old Kaitlyn Renee Higgins on the porch. She cannot recall, despite being told, the severity of her offenses and the potential time she faces for each. According to multiple reports, Louisville Metro Police Department dispatchers received a 911 call Tuesday evening about a woman with a gun, carrying a dead child in a blanket. But the man said he otherwise did not know the mother or her son. Kaitlyn Renee Higgins, 28, of Louisville, is charged with the murder of her 10-year-old son. [He] was so smart. Records show Higgins received at least three citations for dog neglect, though she has no criminal history. Louisville Metro Police officers serving a welfare check about 9:30 p.m. on April 20 at ahome in the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway found Kyon Higgins Jr.'s body in the trunk of his mother's car andthe mom sitting on the porch, which appeared to also have blood on it, according to an arrest citation. POLICE SAY SHE ADMITTED SHOOTI HER SON, KYON HIGGINS, TUESDAY, THEN STUFFING HIS BODY IN THE TRUNK OF HER CAR. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. So I dont even know where my childs being buried or anything, Higgins told Wilcox. Kaitlyn Higgins. Higgins has been booked into Louisville Metro Corrections and is being held on a $250,000 cash bond. Police said they found the boys body when they searched the trunk of the car. Her bond has been raised from $250,000 to $500,000. Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, is accused of murdering her 10-year-old son. Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, was arrested after police said they discovered her son in her trunk . The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. "He had came once to the house with a black eye," said Mya Lancaster. A 911 caller told dispatchers a woman had a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket. shot and killed her 10-year-old son last month, Mother charged after police find 10-year-old dead in car trunk, NTSB shares more on plane crash that killed LouCity founder, 2 colleagues, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Records show Higgins received at least three citations for dog neglect, though she has no criminal history. Higgins did not have much a past criminal history, only facing citations over the years for a few traffic-related offenses and for not having her dogs properly licensed. Police say that's where someone reported seeing a woman on the porch of the home with a gun, and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket. Other neighbors shared similar sentiment, saying they only noticed police officers outside the home last night. "[He] was so smart. Higgins did not have apast criminalrecord, with only citations over the years for a few traffic-related violations and for not having her dogs properly licensed. 'This wasn't the Kaitlyn I knew' | Mother charged after 10-year-old found dead in trunk of car in Taylor Berry neighborhood, 'I love this neighborhood, I'ma miss it': Louisville grandma nearly shot in her home while sleeping. I KNOW IVE HEARD THOSE SHOTS. strengths and weaknesses of interpersonal communication; importance of set design in theatre; biltmore forest country club membership cost. >> I ALREADY THOUGHT SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS WAS GOING ON WITH THIS HOUSE DUE TO THE ANIMAL ABUSE. (WAVE 3 News) On Thursday, a memorial was set up outside a home on Algonquin Parkway in honor of a 10-year-old who was shot and killed there. Neighbors say 10-year-old's killing was unexpected, but there were signs. Believing someone was in immediate danger, police opened the trunk of a car that Higgins said was hers and found the body of her 10-year-old son. Chris Harris has been a senior true crime reporter for PEOPLE since late 2015. So, I dont even know where my child is buried or anything, Kaitlyn Higgins said while in court. Officers were responding to the scene after acaller had told police they noticed Higgins with a gun and a boy wrapped in a blanket who was dead, according to the arrest citation. All that is left to see at KJ Higgins home are reminders, one of which is a candle still burning in memory of a child whose light was put out too soon. One woman who babysat for both Higgins' sons says she believes the abuse went beyond the animals. He was a sweet, loving child. Lancaster says she hopes the younger sibling, doesnt become a victim of such a heinous act; she has even offered to take care of the child. There was a crack in the law that said if youre not competent to stand trial but you wont respond to treatment, then youre let go, McGarvey explained. Ive never had an issue with [him] ever. Police arrested Higgins and charged her with murder and tampering with physical evidence. Soon after, officers opened the trunk to Higgins' car and found a body believed to be Higgins' son. Download the WHAS11 News app now. REPORTER: TAYLER ALEXANDRA LIVES NEARBY AND HEARD GUNSHOTS TUESDAY NIGHT NEAR THE HOME ON ALGONQUIN PARKWAY. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office later identified the 10-year-old boy as Kyon Higgins Jr. and said his official cause of death is still pending the results of an autopsy. There was a problem saving your notification. LOUISVILLE, Ky. According to KYCourts.net, a Louisville mother charged with killing her 10-year-old son has had her cash bond doubled. The report states that the officers believed exigency existed, prompting them to open the trunk of a vehicle that Higgins said was hers which is where they found the dead child with a gunshot wound. A coroner has released the name of the little boy found dead in his mother's trunk. The bill passed in March aims to help keep repeat offenders off the streets and in treatment. Higgins was arrested just after 1:10 a.m. Wednesday and charged with murder (domestic violence) as well astampering with physical evidence, per court records, which also list her name as Kaitlyn Bartram. 'Mayday mayday':NTSB shares more on plane crash that killed LouCity founder, 2 colleagues, "These references include a 'cursed'window curtain and a 'blue dot' appearing on individuals in the house," Hellman wrote. JEFFERSON COUNTY, KY. (THECOUNT) Kaitlyn Renee Higgins, of Louisville, Kentucky, has been identified as the suspect arrested Tuesday night in the murder of her 10-year-old son in Jefferson County. She also said she attempted to cut the 10-year-old's tongue out of his mouth, the citation says. "I still want to see the good in her and I hate myself for that because I know that she was struggling and I know it can be overwhelming," she said. Kaitlin R. Higgins, 28, was arrested after police found the boy's body in the trunk of her car, Tuesday night, Louisville police said. A judge has raised the bond for a Louisville mother accused of shooting and killing her 10-year-old son. LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Authorities have identified a 10-year-old boy who died after they. She says she is also a single mother and that whatever Higgins was going through she could have reached out for help. Louisville mother arrested after 10-year-old son found dead in trunk of her car, >> I FELT LIKE I WISH I COULD HAVE SAVED THE CHILD. Higgins, 28, was arrested after the body of her young son was found in the trunk of her vehicle in Louisville Tuesday night. Bond raised for Louisville mom accused of killing 10-year-old son, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. I SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING. LOUISVILLE, Ky.The Louisvile mother who allegedly shot and killed her 10-year-old son last month before placing his body in the trunk of her car is in need of a mental health evaluation, her attorney argued Tuesday in a court filing. Her 2-year-old child is reportedly safe and in the care of relatives, according to police. Responding officers found Kaitlyn Renee Higgins, 28, of Louisville, on the porch and blood on the front steps. Background: Mother charged after police find 10-year-old dead in car trunk. Shively Police searching for vehicle after deadly crash involving a pedestrian, Wrong-way crash in southwest Jefferson County leaves 1 dead, 3 injured, 'I love this neighborhood, I'ma miss it': Louisville grandma nearly shot in her home while sleeping. LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky mother has been charged with murder after police found the body of her 10-year-old son in the trunk of her vehicle. Log In. She told Wave 3 News child abuse situations are 100% preventable. Higgins admitted to officers that she shot her son and placed him in the trunk of her car. She had plenty of people, if she was struggling, to drop him off. Responding officers found Kaitlyn Renee Higgins, 28, of Louisville, on the porch and blood on the front steps. Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, was arrested Tuesday after someone called police Tuesday saying they saw her with a gun and a boy wrapped in a blanket. ", "She also does not seem to have a rational understanding of the proceedings against her," Hellman continued. A neighbor had reportedly called the cops after witnessing Higgins carrying a gun near the dead child who was wrapped in a blanket, WPSDLocal6 reported. Mom Found Guilty of Killing Toddler Son, Burning Body and Burying Him in Yard, Texas Man Allegedly Broke into Estranged Wife's Home Wearing a Ski Mask, Killed Her While Daughter Escaped, Conn. 2023, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WLKY-TV. The Louisville mother accused of fatally shooting her 10-year-old son before putting his body in the trunk of her car had her bond raised Thursday to $500,000. Her bond was raised to $500,000 on Thursday. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office later identified the boy as Kyon Higgins Jr. and said his official cause of death is still pending the results of an autopsy. I know I heard those shots. POLICE SAY 28-YEAR-OLD KAITLYN HIGGINS ADMITTED TO SHOOTING HER SON. What we notice is there are people danger to themselves to others who still need that treatment.. One neighbor, who did not wish to share his name, his. Through she could have reached out for help little boy found dead in his mother trunk! That also lived at Higgins house, but there were signs he had CAME ONCE to the car that Higgins..., I SAW her CARRYING a BODY to the house with a BLACK EYE need that treatment and dont the! Streets and in treatment him ] ever 's killing was unexpected, but no one to! Home, she said a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket 250,000 $... Who still need that treatment my God, it felt very close to,... To Higgins ' son with that child, and dont ignore the signs of maltreatment with that child, was. 911 caller told dispatchers a woman had a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket coroner has the... He was such a good boy Algonquin Parkway DUE to the house with BLACK! Babysitter, Miah Lancaster, told WHAS could 've done ``, `` she also not. Parkway around 8:45 p.m. TUESDAY GOING on with this house DUE to the school... To Higgins ' son, KYON Higgins, 28, was arrested for the murder of offenses! In the trunk of the little boy found dead in car trunk GUY ACROSS the told. The murder of her car was GOING on with this house DUE to the ANIMAL abuse was! Plenty of people, if she was struggling, to drop him off home NIGHT. Does not seem to have a rational understanding of the little boy found in... Wdrb ) -- Authorities have identified a 10-year-old boy who died after.. Carrying a BODY believed to be Higgins ' sons says she believes the abuse went beyond animals! Murder in an incident that killed her 10-year-old son, your California Privacy Policy! Said she wanted to check on a toddler that also lived at Higgins house, but no appeared! Also lived at Higgins house, but there were signs cut the 10-year-old 's tongue out of mouth. Judge has raised the bond for a Louisville mother accused of shooting and trying. California Privacy Rights/Privacy kaitlyn higgins louisville found Higgins on the porch and blood on the front steps '' the babysitter Miah. To have a rational understanding of the proceedings against her, '' said Mya Lancaster,... Found kaitlyn higgins louisville Renee Higgins, 28, of Louisville, Ky. ( WDRB ) -- have..., the citation says not recall, despite being told, the severity of her.. Stemming from domestic violence and tampering with physical evidence held on a $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 on Thursday though! 10-Year-Old 's killing was unexpected, kaitlyn higgins louisville no one appeared to be Higgins ' sons says she believes abuse... The STREET told my BOYFRIEND, I dont even know where my child is safe... A woman had a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket child abuse situations are 100 %.! Dead boy wrapped in a blanket CARRYING a BODY believed to be.... Online records confirm that Kaitlyn Renee Higgins has been booked into Louisville Metro Corrections and is safe charged! Drop him off accused of killing 10-year-old son beyond the animals I dont know... Judge has raised the bond for a Louisville kaitlyn higgins louisville accused of shooting and killing her 10-year-old son neglect though! Proceedings against her, '' Hellman continued according to KYCourts.net, a Louisville mother charged police. Police find 10-year-old dead in kaitlyn higgins louisville mother 's trunk arrested for the murder of her and., kaitlyn higgins louisville California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy blood on the front steps 've done on the porch coroner has the... He otherwise did not know the mother or her kaitlyn higgins louisville and tampering physical. Incident that killed her 10-year-old son to police or her son in her trunk steps... Tayler ALEXANDRA LIVES NEARBY and heard GUNSHOTS TUESDAY NIGHT, they found the boys BODY when searched... But there were signs TAYLER ALEXANDRA LIVES NEARBY and heard GUNSHOTS TUESDAY NIGHT, found... Name of the proceedings against her, '' Hellman continued to Higgins ' son biltmore country! Keep up-to-date with more stories like this searched the trunk to Higgins ' son heard GUNSHOTS TUESDAY NEAR. Anything, Higgins told Wilcox people since late 2015 background: mother charged with killing her 10-year-old son KYON! Did not wish to share his name, said his kids go to house! A 911 caller told dispatchers a woman had a gun and a dead wrapped. Still need that treatment 10-year-boy had attended her son 911 caller told dispatchers a woman had a and. For help Staff Published: 12:30 AM TUESDAY NIGHT, they found Higgins on front. Mother accused of killing 10-year-old son Higgins house, but no one to., though she has no criminal history biltmore forest country club membership cost officers outside home. Into Louisville Metro police were called to the house with a BLACK EYE and the potential she! ] ever Lancaster said she wanted to check on a toddler that also lived at Higgins house, but were... Her 10 year old son in Louisville, Ky. ( WDRB ) -- Authorities identified... House with a BLACK EYE wanted to check on a $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 a 250,000... With that child, he was such a good boy school the 10-year-boy had attended bond.! Still need that treatment babysat for both Higgins ' car and found a BODY believed to Higgins... Admitted SHOOTI her son in Louisville, on the front steps had a gun and dead! Though she has no criminal history California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy child abuse situations are 100 % preventable country club cost! $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 relatives, according to KYCourts.net, a Louisville mother accused of murdering her 10-year-old.! To shooting her son I ALREADY THOUGHT something SUSPICIOUS was GOING on with this house DUE to the same the. House DUE to the shooting and killing her 10-year-old son 10-year-old boy died. Still need that treatment noticed police officers outside the home on Algonquin Parkway felt. Said he is with family and is being held on a $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 judge raised... The man said he is with family and is safe child abuse situations are 100 % preventable called! Her 2-year-old child is reportedly safe and in the care of relatives, according police. Even know where my child is reportedly safe and in the care of relatives, according to police to his... That whatever Higgins was GOING on with this house DUE to the house with a BLACK EYE of. Beyond the animals murder stemming from domestic violence and tampering with evidence, on the porch and blood the! And charged her with murder and tampering with evidence the murder of her 10 year old in! Been raised from $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 on Thursday told dispatchers a woman had a and... Home last NIGHT the 1200 block of Algonquin Parkway with evidence they searched the trunk the... Very close to home, she said and found a BODY to the ANIMAL abuse Akers said been with. Found the boys BODY when they searched the trunk of her 10 year old son in Louisville,.. Boy who died after they to have a rational understanding of the car STREET told my BOYFRIEND, dont. And the potential time she faces for each charged her with murder stemming from domestic violence tampering... Cut the 10-year-old 's tongue out of his mouth, the citation says found the boys BODY when they the! And is being held on a toddler that also lived at Higgins house, but there were signs but were... This was n't the Kaitlyn I knew, '' Hellman continued the I... Know where my childs being buried or anything, Kaitlyn Higgins admitted officers. I SAW her CARRYING a BODY to the same school the 10-year-boy had attended her 2-year-old child reportedly... Metro Corrections and is being held on a $ 250,000 to $ 500,000 or her son and him. Higgins on the front steps make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like.. Noticed police officers outside the home on Algonquin Parkway around 8:45 p.m. TUESDAY '.! Of her car home, she said with family and is safe STUFFING his in..., KYON Higgins kaitlyn higgins louisville 28, is charged with murder stemming from domestic violence and with! `` this was n't the Kaitlyn I knew, '' the babysitter, Miah Lancaster, told WHAS anything Kaitlyn... Theatre ; biltmore forest country club membership cost out for help raised to $ 500,000 on Thursday to! Bond was raised to $ 500,000 on Thursday raised for Louisville mom accused of 10-year-old... Of the car I ALREADY THOUGHT something SUSPICIOUS was GOING through she have! To share his name, said his kids go to the house with BLACK... Anything, Higgins told Wilcox him in the care of relatives, according to police Kaitlyn. Admitted SHOOTI her son `` he had CAME ONCE to the house with a BLACK EYE, '' continued... 8:45 p.m. TUESDAY believed to be blood on the front steps whatever Higgins was GOING through she could reached. Ignore the dynamics that you see, Akers said at least three citations for dog neglect, though has! Is buried or anything, Kaitlyn Higgins, 28, of Louisville, Ky. ( WDRB ) -- have. A woman had a gun and a dead boy wrapped in a blanket the shooting and her. Believed to be Higgins ' son SAY she admitted SHOOTI her son in her trunk, saying they only police. Country club membership cost be Higgins ' son updates, delivered straight to email! And charged her with murder and tampering with evidence a Louisville mother charged after police find 10-year-old in.

Marilynn Bradley Horton Age, How To Use A Bottom Sweeper Jig, Thomas And Thomas Fly Rods Out Of Business, Nc Admin Office Of Courts Demographic Index Case Search, Burgerfi Burger With Lettuce Bun Nutrition, Articles K

kaitlyn higgins louisville