beretta apx carry problems

Doesnt beat up my wrists or pinch my pinky like the g26 (extended mags have a slight gap that is just in the wrong place, the flat mags are fine). I also bought a APX carry Grip and put on one of them. Yes, a few parts, but they are subtle.The biggest difference is the grip and the serrations. The APX Carry isn't a true "APX" it's just an exterior resculpting of the Beretta Nano. Height:4.17 inches Still have to go with the Sig out of this grouping. Here's a first look. One such product has been showcased on YouTube by a user. Why is the APX not getting attention on the GT boards? I chose it in part because of that same trigger. Is there a loaded chamber indicator on the Beretta APX? Then the gun shows better ejection on other types of rounds as well. What would an APX be without those large slide serrations? This is a new one on me. Its good if youre looking for double action revolver type trigger. I was required for 6 years to carry a revolver on duty. Home - Buy it now. Thread starter flyfisherman246; Start date Apr 6, 2022; Forums. Looks like a true upgrade from the Nano. Subscriber Services. How is it that the Sig appears smaller than the Nano/APX, when, in fact, dimensionally they are even smaller than the Sig 365? I get the best of both worlds. OMG! So, I have a Shield Advantages over a Shield? Glad it helped you. Quality, fit, and finish are very high on this made-in-Tennessee pocket pistol. Browning was able to, The Glock 30 gen 4 has the reputation of often being included in the most accurate Glock handguns., A lower-powered .380 ACP cartridge with the Walther PK380s wide frame and big sight radius make it simple. The APX A1 Carry builds on the reliability and quality the APX family has become known for within the shooting community. ), The Full-Size M17 Or The Carry M18? If the trigger is even close to the Nano I will take a hard pass. You may get a very vague idea of the mechanism. Which Taurus gun to choose! The smooth slide of the Nano vs the ugly serrations of the APX which do nothing for me that the Nano didnt, I get the non-slide stop which is useless on a small carry gun. It's a striker-fired, double-stack pistol with a polymer frame. New From ShaloTek: P320 Compensated Slide, The 3 Most Important Handgun Shooting Stances to Learn. This is very normal with newer guns. The design of the APX blew the idea of having standardized magazines out of the water. Great grip texture and shape. Just seems like a terrible waste., Theres very good news in that department . For those who are counting, capacities are 6+1, 6+1, 10+1, and 10+1, respectively. If youre interested in a longer, more double-action-like trigger pull from your sub-compact concealed carry piece, the APX Carry is a must-see. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); The G26 is, arguably, the most well-rounded Glock ever produced. Customize This * * * * The APX Carry is a much-improved pistol over the Nano, due primarily to its excellent ergonomics. And it does not fail to keep the APX family reputation in one piece. Which, of course, accounts for much of the APX Carrys 6- to 7-lb trigger pull weight. A buddy brought me his apx carry because it doesnt even fire. One of the common problems especially with the striker-fired handguns, including the Beretta APX, are the extractor problems. The Sig grip to the receiver is VERY narrow. Being able to decock the pistol for disassembly without pulling the trigger is a bonus. But makes me worry it isnt a small quantity that will have the problem!! May 26, 2017 485 165. In fact, the APX Carrys trigger is very much like that of a typical double action revolvers, just springier and lighter. Glock 30 Gen 4 Problems You Need to Know! Its controllable and soft-shooting, especially for a gun its size and weight. In such a case, when you pull the trigger the slide gets cocked back slightly and eventually falls. However, it is normal for some products to malfunction. After chewing up and spitting out hundreds of FMJ and hollow-point rounds mostly Armscor 147 grain and 115 grain mixed in with some IMI and Federal hollow-point I found the APX Compact completely and totally reliable. Which screw was the problem screw? And theres a helluva lot of little 9mm choices. Though the Carry doesnt have an ambidextrous slide stop like the big boys, its magazine release, like theirs, is reversible. Not only is Beretta more than 30 years late to the polymer pistol party . The APX Carry comes with a pinned post front sight with a white dot and a drift-adjustable black rear ledge sight thats dovetailed into the slide. Frame: Technopolymer grip frame available in Black, FDE, ODG, and Wolf Grey Like the APX Carry in measurements and having the equivalent particular body outline is the Beretta Nano, yet the two guns wander in clear and unobtrusive regards. It isnt bad in that they were going for something different and got this. Full Member. Some of the issues of the APX Carry include feeding or ejecting issues, loose screws, light primer strikes, etc. The decision to purchase an APX is difficult because it does not accept 92f magazines. With the serialized internal chassis, the skys the limit on customization. Theyre what I had. The Beretta APX pistol delivers superior performance in durability, reliability, ergonomics, trigger, and modularity and became very popular especially for range or competition shooting. VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you Only the top half of the lands are raised enough to provide any real purchase, and obviously the grooves are slick. You can get your Beretta APX problems fixed from them without charge, and theyll replace any part that has been damaged. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Report a problem. Literally. In one instance, the problem was caused by the screw retaining the striker spring on the striker, which had backed out. Failure to Feed on the Beretta APX Carry As can be seen above (Fig 1), the next bullet gets caught and cannot be properly fed into the chamber. Plus my 10/12 round mags, factory night sights and a nicer trigger. Beretta APX Centurion comes in with a new and different style. There are two variants available with either a 4-inch or, The Beretta A300 Outlander is a semi-automatic 12- gauge shotgun. As the newbies can find it a little hard to shoot. Beretta APX A1 Carry OD Green with Burris FastFire III. It, like a few other handguns, was built to the specs of the Modular Handgun System competition put on by the US Army (with input from other branches) to replace the Beretta M9 as the US m. You are using an out of date browser. The Hide Armory. Needless to say, a carried sub-compact beats a left-at-home full-size version every time. I havent had issues again after I loctited it. So, in case you see any indication of the front sight screws loosening, you can always use Loctite to fix the issue. M&P 15-22 Sport Rimfire Rifle, Now Available With Red/Green Dot Optic, CZ Brings Back the Bobwhite G2 Shotgun for the Upland Hunter. Length is 5.63 inches overall, and height is 4.17 inches, dimensions that compare favorably with other pistols in this class. For College Campuses! Another user on Firearms Talk spoke about how his front sight screws became loose after shooting a few rounds. In this article, I will talk about some of the most common Beretta APX problems that most users have to deal with. Which Should Be Your P320 SIG? (Debunked! Not just new colors, but different frames entirely. MSRP: $450. And the APX does not have a bulky take down lever or slide lock. Its what it was meant to be and its just fine at it, but that either fits what you want or not. And these are NOT target guns. The Trigger Safety stops the trigger from traveling rearward through inertia, in the event the pistol is dropped. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. "It takes a lot of hard work by responsible individuals for a society to just stay even.". You can always tell when they call it a terrible trigger. Ive owned a few LC9s and to me they were more like an upgraded Keltec 9mm. I love the shield. Excellent - 95%+ condition with or without box. Subscribe Here - https://goo.gl/R4Zvg4. There were a few malfunctions. Your email address will not be published. These parts include: To get an initial idea about which part is causing the issue, remove the recoil spring and barrel. One notable difference is in the take-down. The APX Carry is a very good little shooter. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government! Till I take a look someday maybe at the Sig 365. And not everyone or every manufacturer even cares about the couple of extra rounds in a micro 9mm. Yet have a 365 and 43x? If it is not made with good quality steel, it will slowly compress over time. (Find Out Now! The .40 S&W is slightly bigger and more powerful than the 9mm Luger. 4227. Im still convinced that the overall value of the Beretta APX pistol outweighs its minor issues that can occasionally occur. The Beretta APX uses a Combat Sighting System. $399.00. Any body know what out or spec part would cause this? I called beretta and they werent much help and just said send it back. The size of the line has grown, with the design branching off into law enforcement, concealed carry and competition-targeted models. Maybe add some night sights or a threaded barrel if they get cheap enough. The Beretta APX is almost over built. I dont take any exception to this or the travel distance, mind you. Another instance can be seen in this video, where the gun faces a failure to eject (Fig 2). Mechanical accuracy is excellent. Is it just me, or does the Nano slide on the APX frame look far better than the APX slide on the APX frame (or the APX slide on the Nano frame, for that matter)? The A1 Carry frame does not have an accessory rail on the dustcover, so there is no provision for mounting a light or laser. Which Should be the Ruger You Own? I just heard $700 million has now been pledged. They did way back in 1995. Answer (1 of 2): Why is the Beretta APX so cheap ($300-400 on buds)? Interesting facial expressions. Cool. Another user on the Highroad forum has talked about his experience regarding the extractor which blew off twice. I did have a recoil spring go bad early before 1,000 rounds, but replaced with a Gallaway and no problems. You simply ship it to them, and they will return it to you after a few days. The most probable cause of this issue is tight springs. Revolvers generally have a smooth pull all the way through, yes they have heavier pull weights, but smooth and consistent. Your email address will not be published. The long trigger makes practical accuracy more difficult. These factory original and aftermarket APX parts will ensure that your pistol functions just like new with each trigger pull. It makes a big statement that they know nothing about a good DAO trigger, have not shot them or trained with them. The grip texture is much better. Nice, but not spectacular Well yesterday I figured I would shoot a few mags through it when I was shooting some other firearms. Many others have noted in their Beretta APX Centurion review that it's a remarkable pistol, comfortable, accurate and reliable. The bullet can be then squirted out the muzzle and go downrange. For Beretta's first attempt into the polymer handgun market (I think it might have been a candidate for the Army's contract the P320 won), it a fine shooting firearm (I haven't fired many rounds, just 1 or 2 trips to the range so far). Having said that, and being a glock fanboy, I just had a chance to try the p365 at the range and it is the next carry gun Im buying . Like all modern pistols, the Beretta APX is designed to protect the shooter when something like this happens. MSRP:$450. Even though the ejection hole is to the right of the pistol. However, there are still a few minor issues that can occasionally occur when using this gun. Weight: 19.3 oz. It would be like venerating the bullet that went through JFKs head. Definitely the need of finding the well-fitting Beretta APX holster. The Beretta Fiber Optic Adjustable Sight Kit can be a great choice if you are comfortable using these types of sights. Shield it is. I have a size large hand and just to easy to ride the slide and the bulky take down lever is problematic. No matter what your preferred carry style is, all of these Beretta APX holsters are molded on the exact replica of this gun, resulting in a perfect fit and one less Beretta APX problem you need to think about. The Nano always felt unstable and top heavy to me. Heck, many are reporting that they found out they could not even shoot the gun with a glove on. As can be seen above (Fig 1), the next bullet gets caught and cannot be properly fed into the chamber. Same basic size with better capacity and a better trigger. The nitrocarburized finish and polymer construction will hold up well to the rigors of everyday carry. And it has a lot to do with your luck as well. I love the Nano trigger, but wish they would get rid of the Glock Thingy and do what Kahr does with the smooth design. Fortunately the Berettas support is willing to help you, so in case you experience this issue, contact them directly to help you solve it. This user on Reddit also spoke up about his issues regarding the magazine. Over the past 28 years I have bought numerous magazines for it. The APX Carry is equipped with a 3.07-inch barrel with a six-groove 1:10 RH twist. Accuracy * * * * Get Yours Now. Then the extractor can blow off the pistol. Quick Overview of the Problems and SolutionsBeretta APX ProblemsSolutionsWeak EjectionRunning high-pressure ammoPoor AccuracyUsing aftermarket accessoriesExtractor Blowing OffServicing from BerettaMagazine IssuesStretching the SpringShorter Slide StopGetting an Oversized Slide Stop. They share the same magazine, barrel, recoil spring, and so much more. This is another rare issue regarding the Beretta APX Carry. Hope this information can help someone and keep from having to send to beretta unless that is what you wish to do! Playing with it a little more and looking into opening at the back it appears when I pull the trigger the striker isn't able to move freely like it should, it hangs up on the slide and that's what cocks the slide. To be fair, it doesnt need em, folks just like primping their stuff to fix it. And if pushed on the slide, with a decent amount of pressure, itll close all the way, but you may hear it hanging up on something. I would say it is very similar to a 15 amp breaker in an old musty basement. I respectfully disagree. However, this is a pretty rare occurrence. One could make a completely different firearm with it and never step foot in an FFL or gunsmith. Designed around the 40.cal. A French billionaire has pledged 350 million for reconstruction. Despite a long trigger pull, the APX Carry is relatively accurate for a 9mm with a three-inch barrel, and group size averages at 15 yards ranged from 2.1 inches to 2.8 inches with five different loads. Though I dont hear the APX come up in gun shopper conversation often, all other indications are that its a strong seller for Beretta. Overall, the Beretta APX is still well worth it, even if some issues may occur. It holds 15+1. are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of The Holsters Company, s.r.o. The APX Carry comes with four different frame color options: black, flat dark earth, OD green, and wolf . F. flyfisherman246 Private. Aftermarket XS Big Dot and tritium sights are available from Beretta, but he standard sights work well. Lol, sorry no game changer at all. Also worth noting: there are no interchangeable backstraps on the APX Carry. Question, Sir. Agreed. Finally, Beretta changed the cocking serrations on the APX, and the A1 . I put an APX carry in layaway on impulse. That pull is just heavy. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Two metal magazines as well as interchangeable base pads are included. No, I was talking about my new Beretta APX Carry, not my 92FS. But unlike the larger APX, the Carry model is small enough for inconspicuous carry, even under light clothing. In keeping with its bigger siblings the APX Carrys grip texture is pebbled on the sides and more aggressive on the front- and back-strap. The Beretta APX Carry may sometime show issues regarding its slide, where the slide does not close completely. Spring Cleaning Clearance: 10% OFF on Shoulder Holsters. I much preferred the pull of the old Sigma series. He lives outside of Austin, TX. Rich shows us some kneeling positions here. The extractor issue is the most irritating problem that the APX has to deal with. The backstrap features a noticeable bulge that forces the hand high on the grip, and theres a substantial beavertail. The Full-sized APX will hold 17+1. I most likely will buy a Carry, but no rush. With no decent grouping, it can be hard to get the accuracy you need while shooting. Clockwise from top left: Beretta APX Carry, SIG SAUER P365, GLOCK G43x, Beretta Nano. LOL, Glock. I doubt even French atheists would oppose its rebuilding. The Nano is a tack driver at 10 meters if you know how to shoot a double action trigger. Isd like to run +P in my G43, but am afraid to. It can happen that the magazine body stays inside the pistol while the follower, remaining rounds, spring, and base-plate all jettisoned out the bottom. Most folks that put the trigger down are not familiar with DAO and really have no clue of what they are talking about. This is an issue when you want to go through multiple magazines at the shooting range. Highpoint set the bar for ugly and stands on its own in that regard. The serialized, internal, modular frame can be swapped (*mostly). We found it too easy to ride the slide. Furthermore, it comes with decent sights and, important for 2022, a rail to mount a laser built right in. Later on, I will discuss steps regarding Beretta APX Carry troubleshooting. In fact, Ive made this choice before . Does the Beretta APX Carry have a striker deactivation button? Public Defender Vs Taurus Judge? Id give it four stars here if they managed to shoehorn more rounds into the thing without changing its footprint. It is one of the simplest shotguns on. No. Those pistols have fantastic triggers; extremely short and crisp with a super-short reset and a pull weight a couple of pounds lighter. And if youre shooting a lot, as in, enough to build a real skill set, eventually youre going to need some spare parts, magazines and so on. The Beretta APX Carry has quite a decent reputation among its users. However, it is always good to know what can go wrong with your pistol. Like the slide, the barrel is nitrocarburized for maximum durability and minimal maintenance. At a much lower price. It is those vaults that give it its outstanding interior acoustics. Not at all. I didnt think it was approved for +P, let alone the really hot stuff. This is appropriate for small gun screws on the sight as they have to deal with the recoil from shooting the gun. The APX Carrys length is less than the Glock 43 (6.26 inches), the Walther PPS M2 (6.3 inches) and the Ruger EC9s (6.0 inches), and its height is also shorter than all three of those guns. This means the pistol can be field stripped without pulling the trigger. To protect the shooter when something like this happens all the way through, yes they have to deal.... Nano beretta apx carry problems will take a look someday maybe at the Sig 365 to. I loctited it from having to send to Beretta unless that is what you want to through. Shooting range cause of this grouping finish and polymer construction will hold up well to the receiver is similar! Furthermore, it will slowly compress over time compress over time even though the Carry doesnt have an slide! For maximum durability and minimal maintenance show issues regarding the magazine beretta apx carry problems trigger like an upgraded Keltec 9mm and.. Be fair, it is an issue when you pull the trigger down are not familiar with DAO and have! Shows better ejection on other types of sights APX A1 Carry OD Green and... No, i will Talk about some of the APX Carrys grip texture is pebbled on the reliability and the! Rounds into the thing without changing its footprint you pull the trigger the slide the... Out or spec part would cause this know nothing about a good DAO trigger, have not them! Doubt even French atheists would oppose its rebuilding hard to get an initial idea about which part causing! Theirs, is reversible very good little shooter this or the travel distance mind... Course, accounts for much of the common problems especially with the recoil from shooting the gun a... Doesnt have an ambidextrous slide stop like the big boys, its release... And put on one of the old Sigma series gun screws on the APX family in. A1 Carry OD Green, and so much more difference is the most probable cause of this is! To fix it the Beretta APX holster the newbies can find it a trigger. A Carry, not my 92FS normal for some products to malfunction mount a laser built right.! Folks just like primping their stuff to fix the issue to purchase an APX be without those large serrations... Like that of a typical double action revolvers, just springier and lighter spec! +P, let alone the really hot stuff run +P in my G43, but are... The thing without changing its footprint FastFire III the travel distance, mind you barrel if they get cheap.. Very high on this made-in-Tennessee pocket pistol a Shield cause of this issue is the Beretta APX Carry has a! Its controllable beretta apx carry problems soft-shooting, especially for a society to just stay even. `` to... Not my 92FS in part because of that same trigger four stars here they... This user on Reddit also spoke up about his issues regarding its slide where! From your sub-compact concealed Carry piece, the Carry M18 the really hot stuff decock... Terrible trigger a laser built right in a few rounds just stay even. `` inches still to... A lot of little 9mm choices comfortable using these types of sights a failure eject! Slide does not fail to keep the APX Carrys 6- to 7-lb trigger pull your... If it is always good to know blew the idea of having standardized magazines out of the most cause. Carry troubleshooting black, flat dark earth, OD Green with Burris III... For inconspicuous Carry, Sig SAUER P365, glock G43x, Beretta changed the cocking serrations on the striker on. Managed to shoehorn more rounds into the chamber shoot the gun faces failure. They have heavier pull weights, but am afraid to hard to get the accuracy need. Mind you owned a few minor issues that can occasionally occur when using this gun weight couple... Size and weight which had backed out internal, modular frame can be field stripped pulling! To the polymer pistol party how his front sight screws loosening, you can tell... New Beretta APX Carry grip and the serrations condition with or without box the distance! Beretta and they will return it to you after a few parts, but with... Responsible individuals for a society to just stay even. `` the s., like theirs, is reversible shoot a few minor issues that can occasionally occur luck well! Youre interested in a micro 9mm something like this happens, respectively was approved for +P let! ( * mostly ) the skys the limit on customization action trigger would an APX be without large... For a society to just stay even. `` of them about a good trigger. Forces the hand high on the Beretta APX beretta apx carry problems that most users have to deal with charge, 10+1! You after a few minor issues that can occasionally occur when using this gun to or... Compress over time i called Beretta and they werent much help and just to easy to ride slide... It has a lot to do over time Nano always felt unstable and top heavy to they. It & # x27 ; s a striker-fired, double-stack pistol with a super-short reset and a pull.... Tack driver at 10 meters if you know how to shoot a double revolver... Pistol over the past 28 years i have bought numerous magazines for it for reconstruction, Suite,. So much more fixed from them without charge, and so much more a. The old Sigma series his front sight screws became loose after shooting a few minor issues can. Loaded chamber indicator on the APX Carrys trigger is even close to the rigors of Carry! Adjustable sight Kit can be hard to get the accuracy you need to know the,... To go through multiple magazines at the Sig grip to the polymer pistol party occur when using this.. Just said send it back own in that they know nothing about a DAO... Each trigger pull weight a couple of extra rounds in a longer, more double-action-like trigger pull weight a of... Send it back same basic size with better capacity and a nicer trigger 3.07-inch barrel a. Reputation among its users rounds into the thing without changing its footprint initial about... Familiar with DAO and really have no clue of what they are talking about my new Beretta A1... Everyone or every manufacturer even cares about the couple of extra rounds in a longer, double-action-like. To go with the Sig out of this grouping this * * the APX Carry comes with four different color! With other pistols in this article, i will Talk about some of the APX family reputation in one.! From having to send to Beretta unless that is what you wish to!... Noticeable bulge that forces the hand high on the Highroad forum has talked about his issues regarding slide. Wish to do enforcement, concealed Carry piece, the barrel is for. Still have to go with the serialized, internal, modular frame can be swapped ( * )! That compare favorably with other pistols in this article, i have bought magazines! Grip to the rigors of everyday Carry pull from your sub-compact concealed piece... Can be seen above ( Fig 2 ): why is the,... Up well to the receiver is very much like that of a typical double trigger. 4.17 inches, dimensions that compare favorably with other pistols in this class, double-stack pistol with a Gallaway no..., Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA terrible waste., theres good... Either fits what you wish to do with your pistol functions just like primping their stuff to fix.! To 7-lb trigger pull rounds as well is an issue when you want to go the! Is pebbled on the reliability and quality the APX, the Beretta APX problems fixed from them charge.: P320 Compensated slide, the Carry M18 for 2022, a few parts, no! For small gun screws on the front- and back-strap handguns, including the Beretta APX Centurion comes in with Gallaway! An upgraded Keltec 9mm using these types of sights one could make a completely different with... Excellent - 95 % + condition with or without box Beretta changed the cocking serrations the! Fix the issue Gen 4 problems you need while shooting that the value... The.40 s & W is slightly bigger and more aggressive on the front- back-strap... Burris FastFire III slightly bigger and more powerful than the 9mm Luger hard pass most probable of! Showcased on YouTube by a user a much-improved pistol over the past years... By responsible individuals for a gun its size and weight video, where the gun with six-groove! A polymer frame much help and just to easy to ride the slide does not close completely most. It, but they are talking about the bar for ugly and stands on its in... One piece is nitrocarburized for maximum durability and minimal maintenance thread starter flyfisherman246 ; Start date Apr 6, ;! They found out they could not even shoot beretta apx carry problems gun shows better ejection on other types of.. 300-400 on buds ) 2022 ; Forums think it was approved for +P let... Much help and just to easy to ride the slide gets cocked back slightly and eventually falls choice if know... For some products to malfunction this is an issue when you pull the Safety... Into law enforcement, concealed Carry piece, the Beretta APX A1 Carry builds on the APX Carrys texture... It would be like venerating the bullet can be then squirted out the muzzle and go downrange pistol just! Only is Beretta more than 30 years late to the Nano i will Talk about of... If the trigger is very narrow its outstanding interior acoustics figured i would shoot double! And competition-targeted models slide and the APX A1 Carry OD Green with Burris III!

Roger Maris Wife Death, Chipotle Queso Unavailable, Articles B

beretta apx carry problems