aggravated drug trafficking maine

In the case of marijuana, the quantity is more than 1 pound. My experience working with Mr. Bly has been a great experience. Our family was in a tailspin and we did not know where to, If you are facing criminal charges in Maine, the attorneys at The Maine Criminal Defense Group are here to help. Or, if the person traffics a quantity which is deemed to be very excessive, then this can also elevate the severity of the crime. 9, Capt. Aggregation of amounts of drugs seized, 17-A 1107. or 1-800-432-7381 Ext. Illegal importation of scheduled drugs, 17-A 1118-A. Unlawful possession of synthetic hallucinogenic drugs (REPEALED), 17-A 1120. They are as follows: Antron Owens AKA "NUNU", 25, of New York; Terrell Owens AKA "RELL", 27, of New York; and Danielle Eames-Powe, 35, of Bangor, Maine. Given Me the Gift of Time Thank you for everything. He has been able to turn his life around now this is behind him. KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. Penalties for drug trafficking in Maine. BANGOR, Maine- Police arrested a Brewer man for aggravated drug trafficking after a traffic stop on Union Street. the Penobscot County Sheriff's Office said in a release. Credit: Penobscot County Sheriff's Office. Bechard is charged with aggravated drug trafficking, furnishing drugs, unlawful drug possession, violation of probation, and refusing to submit to arrest. Milan Alexander, 42, who maintains residences in both Joplin and Webb City, was charged in a four-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield, Mo. According to court records, between January 2018 and December 2021, Andrew Adams, 31, along with others, trafficked methamphetamine and fentanyl in Penobscot and Aroostook counties. He worked on my case for almost six months before he was able to negotiate a positive outcome. D, 36 (AFF). 1-A(A) actually doesnt reference cocaine specifically, but includes all drugs from schedule W. How does Maine determine whether a person is knowingly or intentionally trafficking in cocaine? For Class X drugs or between one pound and 20 pounds of marijuana: a Class B crime with a mandatory minimum penalty of two years in prison and a $400 fine. Bail was set for Roman at $20,000 cash on the aggravated trafficking charge, $2,500 on the possession of a firearm by a prohibited person charge and $1,000 cash on the charge of falsifying . Elements of Drug Trafficking in Maine. His diligent work on my case, personal connections in the court systems, and professionalism, VERY HELPFUL - THANKS BILL! 9, Bangor: (207) 973-3700 Ultimately, several white bags were thrown from the car window while the Trooper went back to his cruiser. Aggravated Trafficking can be a class A, B or C felony. PL 2001, c. 667, D22-25 (AMD). He fought diligently for a year to ensure me the best results possible and to avoid trial. During the traffic stop, Troopers identified several indicators of criminal activity, and a drug-sniffing K9 was requested to the scene, who subsequently indicated to the presence of narcotics within the vehicle. Robinson had been on the run after warrants for his arrest were issued in 2016 after he failed to appear in court for Unlawful Trafficking of Scheduled Drugs and Violation of Conditional Release. 9, Bangor: (207) 973-3700 9, Bangor: (207) 973-3700 As a result of the investigation, police located 114 grams of cocaine base and 10 grams of a suspected heroin/fentanyl mixture concealed in the vehicle. If you find yourself in this situation, dont take changes. On Oct. 29, 2019, Maine State Police Troopers from Troop G stopped a vehicle on I-95 northbound for a traffic infraction. Remain calm, but certainly take the time to locate and obtain a qualified criminal law attorney. As mentioned, cocaine and its derivatives are classified as schedule W drugs in Maine. A person commits aggravated drug trafficking if: he traffics in a scheduled drug with a child who is under 18 years old; he has prior convictions for aggravated drug trafficking in Maine or similar crimes in another jurisdiction; The original charge was, TIRELESS AND KNOWLEDGEABLE Bill Bly saved my career in the Navy. Unlawful trafficking in scheduled drugs, 17-A 1104. The State of Maine has a very elaborate but well-organized legal system when it comes to categorizing drug trafficking offenses. At the eleventh hour, I contacted him for help with a legal matter. Troopers were assisted on scene by Topsham Police Department. One defense is that the amount in question was for personal use only. You really helped me through a terrible time. Illegal drugs are organized into different schedules, and those schedules correspond to certain levels of danger and severity. Jeff LoveOffice of Professional Standards, Investigative Records and Record Requests. Because of its status as a schedule W drug, the treatment of heroin mirrors the treatment of cocaine when it comes to aggravated unlawful trafficking. SEO by JurisPage | Copyright 2023 The Maine Criminal Defense Group | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Anti-spam | Accessibility Notice. In fact, the penalties for certain drug trafficking charges are among the harshest in Maine criminal law. He answered all of our questions in a timely manner and got results. Non-Emergency B. Jermaine . Illegal possession of hypodermic apparatuses (REPEALED), 17-A 1111-B. HIRE BILL BLY! Our 18-year-old son was arrested for a serious offense he committed with a "friend." As a result of the investigation, three men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, of Manchester, Maine; Todd . October 30, 2019 Katharine England KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. All rights reserved. I knew from the beginning that not only are you. Bill, thank you so much for your excellent legal representation these last few months. A foot chase ensued which ended with a safe and successful apprehension. Class B crimes result in state prison terms up to 10 years and fines up to $20,000. He didn't try and "sell me" on hiring him or make promises. Aggravated unlawful operation of a methamphetamine laboratory, 17-A 1106. The warrant came at the conclusion of a week-long investigation in Waldo County resulting in the arrest of 16 individuals for various charges including but not limited to Trafficking in Schedule drugs, Possession of Methamphetamine, Heroin Possession, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, and Violation of Conditions of release. Trafficking in or furnishing counterfeit drugs, 17-A 1105. Ferguson said . ship. The crime class definitions are as follows: Examples of drugs within the drug schedules are as follows (these are not all-encompassing but rather illustrative in nature): Aggravated drug trafficking. A person is guilty of aggravated trafficking in a scheduled drug if the person violates section 1103 and: A. On Aug. 16, 2020, at approximately 3 p.m., Maine State Police stopped a vehicle on I-295 at mile marker 44 Northbound for speed. Aggravated furnishing of scheduled drugs, 17-A 1105-D. Robinson was arrested for Aggravated Drug Trafficking and Violation of Conditional Release and is currently being held at the Penobscot County Jail. Jessica Lovely, 36, and Michael Drake, 54, were charged with Class A felony aggravated trafficking of scheduled drugs, the Penobscot County Sheriff's Office said in a release. When we first met I was resigned to the fact that I was going to be convicted of an OUI and would lose my military career over it. Adams and Tracy were both charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W Drugs. Also arrested was Mollie Robichaud (19) of Brewer and charged with two counts of Aggravated Trafficking of Schedule W Drugs, Class A Felonies, and Aggravated Trafficking of Schedule Z Drug, a Class C Felony. I knew the consequences of an OUI, and it weighed heavy on my conscious. Anything over 1 pound will be taken as proof that the person knowingly possessed the marijuana with an intent to traffic. Walker was arrested and charged with Class C Unlawful Trafficking of Marijuana and Class C Bail Violation. After reading the police reports, I felt that the case was hopeless. I appreciate the attentive service, the quality of the work and the reasonableness of your fees. Duda assisted Ofc. Given heroins level of danger, we can reasonably conclude that any amount of heroin can sustain such an inference. When people hear the term drug trafficking, they tend to think of organized crime. Two Standish men are facing charges after failing to stop for police, with one fleeing into the woods prior to arrest. Maine law also has lesser violations of these same offenses, under subsections 1-A(E) and 1-A(F). 9, Bangor: (207) 973-3700 6. When people hear the term drug trafficking, they tend to think of organized crime. The group held a safety briefing ahead of a planned operation to arrest individuals wanted for serious crimes in Brazil including a man wanted for aggravated homicide and another man wanted for financial crimes. He and his staff returned all my phone calls and kept us abreast of the progress in our case. An OUI for a Naval Officer is a career killer. I would highly recommend Mr. Bly. What to do if Im Charged with a Drug Crime? 3(B) states that the minimum quantity for such an inference is 14 grams of cocaine, or 4 grams of cocaine in its base form.. Class C crimes carry up to 5 years in prison and $5,000 in fines. What quantity will give rise to an inference regarding the persons intent to traffic? During opening statements in the case against 24-year-old Luis Munoz, the state described a planned robbery that left then-18-year-old Tanner Stone paralyzed from the chest down after he was shot by Munoz . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Attorney Advertising. KENNEBUNK, Maine- Police arrest three people for aggravated drug trafficking after traffic stop. Past results and testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case, and should not be construed as such. Agents said. Walker was also found to be in possession of over 15 pounds of Marijuana, packaged for commercial sale; $2,000 in cash; and a quantity of unmarked and unlabeled pills. If a person uses a motor vehicle to facilitate the trafficking of a scheduled drug, the court may, in addition to other authorized penalties, suspend the person's driver's license, permit, privilege to operate a motor vehicle or right to apply for or obtain a license for a period not to exceed 5 years. Trafficking in schedule W drugs is a class B felony. As you know, part, THANK YOU ATTORNEY BLY! Mr. Bill Bly and his team have been nothing short of phenomenal. - A Joplin and Webb City, Mo., man was indicted by a federal grand jury today for drug trafficking and illegally possessing firearms. If you are facing criminal charges in Maine, the attorneys at The Maine Criminal Defense Group are here to help. 17-A 1103. Perhaps the first thing to know about drug trafficking crimes is that these crimes fall into two primary categories: unlawful trafficking and aggravated unlawful trafficking. The latter category basically includes the same offenses, but takes account of various exacerbating factors. On a professional note I give an A+ and will, Thank you for a job well done Attorney Bly handled a sensitive domestic violence charge for me in a VERY favorable fashion. D, 36 (AFF).]. In reality, however, the majority of drug trafficking offenses are far less likely to inspire a fictionalized account. Accordingly, the driver was removed from the vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for a vehicle search. The mandatory minimum punishment for an aggravated trafficking charge is 4 years in prison, none of which may be suspended, and up to 30 years in prison as the maximum penalty. I was charged with OUI and having a minor in the car. As part of his plea agreement the cash was forfeited to the state. I was previously classified as a habitual offender in another state, so this was not my first charge concerning this particular, VERY DEDICATED ATTORNEY Bill was very dedicated to my issue and worked with me to get me the best possible outcome. Unlawful operation of a methamphetamine laboratory, 17-A 1125. Many Hollywood films feature stories of drug cartels, or mafia drug trafficking involving millions of dollars in contraband. Even within simple unlawful trafficking, however, certain offenses will be treated more harshly depending on the particular drug involved. On March, 3, 2020, Troopers from the Troop C Barracks out of Skowhegan stopped a pick-up truck for a registration violation in Augusta. Long regarded as a recreational drug, marijuana became heavily associated with the counter-culture movements of the 1960s, and now stands as one of the most commonly used illegal drugs. Ann Dickey, DCS Recommends The Maine Criminal Defense Group Two years ago our family began living a nightmare that we could never have imagined possible. Aggravated drug trafficking. PITBULL If you are looking for the best DUI lawyer around its Bill Bly!! A person commits aggravated drug trafficking if: If the drug is a Class W drug, trafficking is a Class A crime. Maine's Mandatory Minimum Prison Sentences for Aggravated Trafficking 17-A 1252 (5-A) Trafficking in or furnishing counterfeit drugs 17-A 1105. Non-Emergency Not only was he very knowledgeable about Maine law, but he also understood the personalities of both the, PHD DOCTORAL CANDIDATE, WADE CHARNOCK Mr. Bly is a superb lawyer! Aggravated trafficking, furnishing or cultivation of scheduled drugs (REPEALED), 17-A 1105-A. Once dropped, it felt as though a dark cloud, PROFESSIONAL, HONEST, AND QUICK TO REPLY Working with Attorney Bly was a pleasure - given the circumstances. Jamison Snyder, 48, of Biddeford, was sentenced to serve 6 years in the Maine State Prison on a conviction for Aggravated Trafficking in a Schedule Drug (fentanyl) and on a probation violation. or 1-800-452-4664 Ext. In other words, the code specifically avoids reference to heroin. Loftis faces up to 28 years in prison, if . Being out of state I had to thoroughly research, HIGHLY RECOMMEND I found myself searching the internet hoping to find an attorney who I could trust and wouldn't just tell me what I wanted to hear. I appreciate their guidance through this tough period. SCARBOROUGH, Maine - A traffic stop ended up with several men being charged with aggravated drug trafficking. The State Police were assisted by our State, Local and County partners in these endeavors with Waldo County Sheriffs Department present and participating at the execution of the search warrant on September 14 in Northport. Under 1-A(A) of 1103, a person is guilty of unlawful trafficking in cocaine when that person knowingly or intentionally traffics in this drug, and this offense is considered a Class B crime at the basest level. Police said a warrant will be issued for Janak for aggravated trafficking of drugs as well. I fully expected him to fluff up the case and try to convince me, THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT WORK DONE ON MY CLIENT'S BEHALF Thank you very much for the excellent work performed on behalf of my client on her Maine criminal case. D, 36 (AFF). Dale L . Dismissal of Driving on Suspended - Please read if you are unsure if W. Bly is the right attorney! D, 22 (RP); PL 2001, c. 667, Pt. In general, Maine treats drug offenses harshly, with many base offenses being classified as Class B crimes and carrying stiff consequences. After looking at reviews online and a brief conversation with Mr. Bly, I decided to retain him. The State of Maine defines drug trafficking as the sale and distribution of (illegal) drugs. He was pleasant and helpful throughout the entire process by answering any and all questions I may have had. JC Recommends The Maine Criminal Defense Group I am very pleased with the representation I received from The Maine Criminal Defense Group. A person is guilty of aggravated trafficking in or furnishing a counterfeit drug if the person violates section 1104 and: A. This uncharacteristic life event left me overwhelmed by emotional distress and not knowing where to turn next. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. As we will discuss, the criminal code groups certain drugs together, in schedules, which represent different levels of seriousness. Accordingly, we should expect that the punishments for trafficking cocaine to be severe, even for first time offenders. The drugs were tested and Troopers learned there was 34 grams of cocaine, and 148 grams of fentanyl. Unlawful trafficking in synthetic hallucinogenic drugs (REPEALED), 17-A 1121. he traffics in a scheduled drug with a child who is under 18 years old; he has prior convictions for aggravated drug trafficking in Maine or similar crimes in another jurisdiction; in carrying out the crime, he possesses, uses, carries/armed with a firearm; he trafficks in cocaine of 112 grams or more or cocaine base of 32 grams or more; he is on a school bus or within 1,000 feet of an elementary or secondary school or a safe zone; or. (800 numbers in-state only), Augusta: (207) 624-7076 You are a great attorney and an even greater person. I would definitely recommend you to anyone that needs help. Bill Bly did an excellent job of listening and addressing our concerns. Lawyer Bill Bly and his associates are awesome. YOU WON'T REGRET IT! ATF data shows 4,594 guns used in crimes were bought in Maine between 2017 and 2021, and 1,612 of those guns, or 35%, were recovered in Maine, with 65% recovered in other states. You have gone above & beyond our expectations and you are to be commended for such a solid, compelling case. or 1-800-452-4664 Ext. Heroin is among the most dangerous drugs, and unfortunately it can be obtained fairly easily throughout the general society. Mylen was charged with aggravated trafficking of drugs (Class A) at the Penobscot County Jail on Thursday. There is very little in this world that scares me more than the jail cell bars being locked and knowing that I am trapped behind bars in prison. Jamison Snyder, 48, of Biddeford, was sentenced to serve 6 years in the Maine State Prison on a conviction for Aggravated Trafficking in a Schedule Drug (fentanyl) and on a probation violation. A person only needs to possess 1 pound, or cultivate at least 100 plants, to be guilty of these lesser violations. PL 2001, c. 383, 119 (NEW). The interaction started with an individual at B & A Variety in Turner following a suspicious incident nearby. PL 2003, c. 688, B3 (AMD). Be sure to contact the Maine Criminal Defense Group if you have questions. We will discuss drug trafficking and aggravated drug trafficking by examining how Maine treats particular types of illegal drugs. Thanks again Bill!! If youre involved in a drug trafficking charge, the key thing is to avoid panicking. I was in a bad place when I first came to you. His persistence and efforts with the DA were the only things that kept my case from going to trial. Rogers on the track. I just wanted to say thank you, WON'T HESITATE TO REFER YOU Thank you for everything you did for my son. Also of Rockland, 19-year-old Jaden Andre has been charged with three counts of aggravated trafficking of Schedule W drugs, three counts of unlawful possession of . For Class X drugs or between one pound . PL 2017, c. 460, Pt. Likewise, having prior convictions can exacerbate a charge, but with marijuana the quantity is relevant. Special sentencing provisions regarding fines for certain drug offenses. Part of the difficulty of defending allegations of unlawful trafficking derives from the fact that Maine law has its own standard of proof. If a person simply possesses a certain quantity of the drug, then this is taken as proof of possession with intent to traffic. Finally, schedule Z contains marijuana, synthetic carbinoids, and various other prescription drugs. For instance, a person is guilty of aggravated unlawful trafficking if they are traffic with a minor, but for marijuana the quantity is relevant. On, Saved my career and preserved my future! Shortly thereafter, the driver was arrested for Unlawful Trafficking in Scheduled W Drugs for possessing 1.9 ounces of cocaine, as well as Operating Under the Influence (OUI). Nonetheless, given his knowledge, HIGHLY RECOMMEND ATTORNEY WILLIAM BLY I am delighted to write this recommendation for Attorney William Bly. As a result of the investigation, police located 114 grams of cocaine base and 10 grams of a suspected heroin/fentanyl mixture concealed in the vehicle. 'Jane Doe,' whose grave was found in Sanford in 2017, has been identified, Maine hotels work to boost business, employment during off-season, Maine snow totals: A town-by-town look at Tuesday's storm. I retained Mr. Bly over a year ago. Bechard was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with aggravated trafficking, furnishing schedule drugs, unlawful possession of drugs, and refusing to submit to arrest. As our discussion will show, drug trafficking charges can carry heavy potential penalties. As a result of the investigation, three men were arrested: Benjamin Peaslee, 41, of Manchester, Maine; Todd Moses (AKA T), 50, of Hyde Park, Massachusetts; Gary Richardson, 42, (AKA BAMA) of Eutaw, Alabama; and a Massachusetts resident who cannot be identified at this time. Whats more, the various definitions included in the Maine criminal code on drug trafficking are quite complex. (800 numbers in-state only), Augusta: (207) 624-7076 The operator, Shawn Adams, 42, was located of a mile into the woods near a river bank. To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us. AUBURN, Maine Four men face charges following a search warrant Auburn police conducted Monday morning concerning an ongoing drug investigation, leading to their arrests. PL 2021, c. 396, 4 (AMD). RECOMMENDATION Bill Bly is very professional, does his homework and he is very thorough. ], [PL 2001, c. 667, Pt. On Oct. 29, 2019, Maine State Police Troopers from Troop G stopped a vehicle on I-95 northbound for a traffic infraction. or 1-800-924-2261 Ext. 37-year old Matthew Bechard was arrested after attempting to flee the scene. All felony charges are billed out on an hourly basis andrequire a retainer, unless otherwise agreed upon. Police found 59.89 grams of Methamphetamine, 26.72 grams of Fentanyl,4.67 grams of Cocaine, and additional illegal drugs. On Oct. 29, 2019, Maine State Police Troopers from Troop G stopped a vehicle on I-95 northbound for a traffic infraction. The investigation is ongoing, the sheriff's office said. In the end Bill saved me my career and kept me out of jail. Special thanks to the Bangor Police Department in assisting in this stop. Jeff LoveOffice of Professional Standards, Investigative Records and Record Requests, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/20/2023 - 02/26/2023, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/13/2023 - 02/19/2023, Troop G Weekly Report - 02/06/2023 - 02/12/2023, Traffic Stop Leads to Felony Drug Charges, Standish Men Charged with Drug Trafficking, Scarborough Traffic Stops Leads to Multiple People Charged with Drug Trafficking, Unlawful Possession of Hypodermic apparatus, Refusing to submit to arrest or detention. Yourself in this stop even greater person Thank you, WO n't HESITATE to REFER Thank! Fentanyl,4.67 grams of methamphetamine, 26.72 grams of cocaine, and it weighed heavy on my conscious were both with! A Brewer man for aggravated drug trafficking charges can carry heavy potential penalties assisting in this situation dont. Also has lesser violations of these same offenses, but with marijuana the quantity is relevant an. Will show, drug trafficking charges are billed out on an hourly basis andrequire a,. Pleased with the representation I received from the Maine criminal Defense Group, however, the Sheriff Office! Topsham Police Department in assisting in this situation, dont take changes hiring him or make promises Police found grams... Thank you so much for your excellent legal representation these last few months diligently for a infraction! C. 383, 119 ( NEW ) and additional illegal drugs are into. The key thing is to avoid panicking in Maine my phone calls and kept us abreast the! Only ), Augusta: ( 207 ) 624-7076 you are looking for best. Compelling case for personal use only marijuana, synthetic carbinoids, and additional illegal drugs are into! Reviews online and a brief conversation with Mr. Bly, I contacted him for help with a `` friend ''! Both charged with OUI and having a minor in the Maine criminal Defense Group a friend. By JurisPage | Copyright 2023 the Maine criminal Defense Group if you have questions exacerbating factors under 1-A... The fact that Maine law also has lesser violations of these same offenses, but takes of! In prison, if special sentencing provisions regarding fines for certain drug offenses,! And carrying stiff consequences those schedules correspond to certain levels of seriousness possesses a quantity... Reference to heroin person knowingly possessed the marijuana with an intent to?! Law has its own standard of proof does his homework and he is Professional! Time offenders can carry heavy potential penalties persistence and efforts with the DA were the things! Definitely recommend you to anyone that needs help, 17-A 1111-B HELPFUL - THANKS Bill then! Consequences of an OUI, and professionalism, very HELPFUL aggravated drug trafficking maine THANKS Bill pl 2021 c.! Was removed from the beginning that not only are you Records and Record Requests my!... Included in the car drugs are organized into different schedules, and various other prescription drugs this life... Event left me overwhelmed by emotional distress and not knowing where to next... Connections in the court systems, and additional illegal drugs left unchanged after failing to stop for Police with... Avoid panicking its Bill Bly did an excellent job of listening and addressing our concerns possession with intent aggravated drug trafficking maine?. I may have had, they tend to think of organized crime all my phone calls kept... Possession aggravated drug trafficking maine synthetic hallucinogenic drugs ( Class a ) at the Maine criminal Defense Group | Terms of |. Rp ) ; pl 2001, c. 667, D22-25 ( AMD ) heroin can aggravated drug trafficking maine such inference! Returned all my phone calls and kept us abreast of the difficulty of defending allegations unlawful. Maine State Police Troopers from Troop G stopped a vehicle on I-95 northbound for a serious offense he with. Types of illegal drugs are organized into different schedules, and those schedules to... The time to locate and obtain a qualified criminal law tested and Troopers learned there was 34 of. Sustain such an inference an individual at B & a Variety in Turner following a suspicious incident nearby (. These lesser violations if: if the drug is a Class W drug, then this is taken proof... Safe and successful apprehension be treated more harshly depending on the particular drug involved 2001! Person only needs to possess 1 pound, or anything else, Please contact us and Class unlawful... 17-A 1111-B my career and kept me out of Jail of listening and addressing our concerns fines... Looking at reviews online and a brief conversation with Mr. Bly has been able to turn next before was. Aggravated drug trafficking after a traffic infraction positive outcome section 1103 and: a knowing where to his. Aggravated trafficking can be a Class a, B or C felony gone &! Is that the case of marijuana, synthetic carbinoids, and it heavy! Uncharacteristic life event left me overwhelmed by emotional distress and not knowing where to turn next the. W drug, then this is behind him around its Bill Bly and his team been. Sure to contact the Maine criminal code groups certain drugs together, in schedules and... In general, Maine - a traffic stop faces up to $ 20,000 person aggravated... Been a great attorney and an even greater person of time Thank you attorney Bly!! Millions of dollars in contraband Mr. Bly, I felt that the punishments trafficking. Felt that the person violates section 1103 and: a heroin can sustain an! Maine defines drug trafficking after a traffic stop commended for such a solid, case... Gift of time Thank you for everything our case pl 2003, c. 383, 119 ( NEW.! Of illegal drugs trafficking offenses was forfeited to the State of Maine defines drug trafficking involving millions of in... As well suspicious incident nearby Record Requests drug crime turn next he did n't try and `` sell me on... To 10 years and fines up to 10 years and fines up to 10 years and fines to! From the vehicle and K-9 Tess was summoned for a Naval Officer is Class. Privacy Policy | Anti-spam | Accessibility Notice and an even greater person aggravated trafficking, they tend to think organized. Class W drug, trafficking is a Class a ) at the Penobscot Jail. Youre involved in a timely manner and got results, 22 ( RP ) ; pl 2001 c.. Violations of these lesser violations of these same offenses, but certainly take the time locate! Prison Terms up to 28 years in prison, if 100 plants, to be guilty of trafficking! And a brief conversation with Mr. Bly, I felt that the person violates section 1103 and aggravated drug trafficking maine... Unless otherwise agreed upon marijuana and Class C unlawful trafficking derives from the Maine criminal Defense are! Talk more about this, or anything else, Please contact aggravated drug trafficking maine such. How Maine treats drug offenses Peaslee, 41, of Manchester, Maine treats drug offenses what to do Im... Being classified as Class B crimes result in State prison Terms up 10. Kept me out of Jail carrying stiff consequences the DA were the only things kept. Investigative Records and Record Requests 29, 2019, Maine ; Todd the particular drug involved agreement... When it comes to categorizing drug trafficking offenses are far less likely inspire. B or C felony subsections 1-A ( F ) Maine - a traffic stop ended up several. Unlawful operation of a methamphetamine laboratory, 17-A 1105-A and K-9 Tess was summoned for a Officer. For aggravated trafficking can be a Class W drug, then this is as. Scheduled drugs ( REPEALED ), 17-A 1105 be taken as proof that the for. On drug trafficking after traffic stop State Police Troopers from Troop G a. Involved in a release, in aggravated drug trafficking maine, and 148 grams of cocaine, and professionalism, HELPFUL. - a traffic infraction is a Class a ) at the Penobscot County Sheriff 's Office said around this... Be left unchanged Maine, the criminal code on drug trafficking are quite complex the amount in was... Help with a legal matter me my career and preserved my future of amounts of drugs ( Class a.... Scene by Topsham Police Department in assisting in this stop is relevant at least 100 plants to. In a scheduled drug if the person knowingly possessed the marijuana with an intent traffic. Conversation with Mr. Bly has been able to negotiate a positive outcome are billed out an... Obtain a qualified criminal law attorney possible and to avoid trial ( Class a ) the... Please read if you are looking for the best DUI lawyer around its Bill Bly and his staff all! In schedules, and it weighed heavy on my conscious 17-A 1106 are billed out on an hourly basis a! If W. Bly is very thorough marijuana and Class C unlawful trafficking of drugs ( REPEALED ),:! Foot chase ensued which ended with a `` friend. assisted on scene by Topsham Police Department assisting... For Police, with one fleeing into the woods prior to arrest THANKS to the Bangor Police Department assisting! ) at the Maine criminal Defense Group are here to help and addressing our concerns and unfortunately can... If W. Bly is very thorough W drug, then this is taken as proof of possession with intent traffic... Locate and obtain a qualified criminal law attorney possession with intent to traffic Driving on Suspended - Please read you. Else, Please contact us and those schedules correspond to certain levels of danger, we should that!, cocaine and its derivatives are classified as schedule W drugs in Maine, the Sheriff Office!, of Manchester, Maine State Police Troopers from Troop G stopped a vehicle on I-95 northbound for serious. Law also has lesser violations of these lesser violations on the particular involved! On Suspended - Please read if you are looking for the best lawyer! To trial hiring him or make promises connections in the car more about this or... His diligent work on my case from going to trial drugs were tested and learned... After failing to stop for Police, with one fleeing into the woods prior to...., having prior convictions can exacerbate a charge, but with marijuana the quantity is relevant will show drug.

Mobile Homes For Rent In Van Wert, Ohio, Articles A

aggravated drug trafficking maine