stacey castor daughters today

"If Mr. Wallace had been cremated, or if Mr. Castor had not died, we would never have known we had a homicide. .css-ssumvd{display:block;font-family:Gilroy,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-size:1.0625rem;font-weight:bold;line-height:1.25;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-ssumvd:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-ssumvd{letter-spacing:0rem;margin-top:0.9375rem;}}The "Friends" Women Reunite to Celebrate Courteney, The Reason Hoda Kotb Hasn't Been on the Today Show, Keke Palmer Is a New Mom! According to ABC News, Castor never saw her daughters again. She said, He (Michael) was laying on the couch, making what I thought were funny faces. Born on July 24, 1967, New York -born Stacey Castor became notoriously dubbed as "The Black Widow" in the media for the murders she committed. One time, he sat up, and he just vomited across the coffee table and laid back down went back to sleep like nothing ever happened. After Castors second husband died, however, investigators exhumed Wallaces body and discovered that he had actually died of antifreeze poisoning as well. I just wish that she would say sorry for everything she did, including all the lies. Sept. 5, 2007: Michael Wallaces body is exhumed, After the autopsy was completed, Sgt. Police knocked down the bedroom door to find David Castor dead of an apparent suicide. In an interview outside the courtroom, Wallace and her sister said they had already moved on, and had no interest in speaking to their mother again. Hear Stacey Castor's frantic 911 call to police about daughter who overdosed. But whats the real deal? Even though I do hate her, I love her at the same time," Wallace said. Investigators decided to exhume the body of her first husband and examine him to see if his organs contained those telltale crystals associated with antifreeze. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. [3] Castor said that they had been through enough emotional stress and needed to relax. A month later on Tuesday, March 5, she was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison. Stacey was sentenced to 51 years to life without the possibility of parole. "Stacey was very intelligent," her mother, Judie Eaton, said. When she awoke, Ashley said that the last thing she remembered was her mother making her a drink. That same day, Castor was arrested at the hospital and charged with the murder of David Castor and attempted murder of Ashley. Ashley Wallace, daughter of Stacey Castor and Michael Wallace, spoke with ABC News in 2009 after her mother's conviction. Stacey Castor defends herself during cross examination Watch on In June 2016, seven years into her 51-year sentence, Castor was found dead in her prison cell in Bedford Hills, New York. Since then, Wallace tells OprahMag.com she has "moved on with [her] life," but still struggles with the aftereffects of trauma. [4] Their daughter Ashley was 12 at the time and had been alone with him. [3], The following day, Castor invited Ashley to drink together at home again. "I never got my answers because Stacey died. In addition, she is suspected of having murdered her first husband, Michael Wallace, in 2000; his grave lay next to David Castor's until David's remains were disinterred in 2016 and buried elsewhere by his son. Doctors determined that he had died of a heart attack. Stacey Castor made a frantic call to 911 saying her husband hadnt shown up for work on Monday, Aug. 22. The Daughter of Notorious "Black Widow" Opens Up, A Lifetime Movie Is About This Shocking Abduction, The "Friends" Women Reunite to Celebrate Courteney, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads, "Even though I hate her, I love her at the same time," Wallace said in an. [3] The investigators soon felt the only way to prove Castor responsible for both homicides was to have Wallace's body exhumed. The latest episode of ABC News Fatal Flaw delves into Stacey Castors story. [3], "In 2005, people started to put it together," Cayuga County Sheriff Dave Gould said. "She was my best friend and she took that all away, just because she got scared. Stacey Castor, 48, died Saturday while serving 51 years to life in prison Castor was convicted of fatally poisoning her husband with antifreeze And trying to kill her daughter and frame. Ashley and Bree testified at Staceys trial, where Stacey was convicted of murder and attempted murder. Stacey Castor's mother, Judie Eaton, does not believe her daughter is guilty. The defendant's fingerprints also were found on a couple of prescription bottles for medication found in Ashley's system when she was treated at University Hospital in 2007, the jury was told. [3], The detectives on the case ordered wiretappings on Castor's house. Stacey Castor was born on July 24, 1967, in Clay, New York. 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Is a Proud Mom of 14: See Her Kids Today! As his inexplicable sickness persisted over the holiday season, his family encouraged him to seek medical care, but he died in early 2000 before he could do so. Sept. 12 2007: Ashley Wallace goes drinking with mom. As hard as you tried, I survived and I will survive because now I'm surrounded by people that love me. Surveillance cameras were set up at the gravesite where Michael Wallace and David Castor were buried. In 2000, Michael succumbed to a heart attack and died. Stacey Castor listens to 911 call she made after daughter's poisoning Detectives also believed the contents of the note pointed to the real killer. He described Castor as a "black widow" type rather than a typical serial killer. For more stories like this, sign up for our newsletter. SYRACUSE, NY -- Stacey Castor's youngest daughter broke into tears today as she told a jury about finding her older sister staring glassy-eyed into space the morning she was rushed to the hospital for treatment of a near fatal drug and alcohol overdose. Well, I was scared too, when all I wanted was my mom. The letter had Ashley taking responsibility for David and Michaels deaths. She never saw her daughters again. She was 48. There are so many things that she has ruined. They showed me a copy of the suicide note that Ashley had left, and as I reviewed it, one of the things that jumped out at me and was unbelievable was: I had interviewed Stacey, and during my interview with her, she called antifreeze, antifree,' lead investigator Detective Dominick Spinelli told 20/20. Elena Nicolaou is the former culture editor at Oprah Daily. The next day, the episode will be available to stream on Hulu. Castor, who died in 2016 at the age of 48, was an American woman found guilty of murdering her husband David Castor and attempting to murder her daughter, Ashley Wallace. Sgt. Ashley was born in 1987 to Michael Wallace and Stacey. Unable to get a response, Sergeant Robert Willoughby of the Onondaga County Sheriff's Department kicked in the door of the bedroom and found David Castor lying dead. Stacey Castor told police she had no way to get into the locked bedroom, which was why she called 911 to have police sent to her home to check on her husband the afternoon of Aug. 22, 2005. [19] Castor, who professed to being shocked at the guilty verdict, maintained her innocence during the on-air 20/20 special,[3] as well as in unaired parts of the program. Investigators decided to exhume the body of Michael Wallace and examine him to see if his organs contained those telltale crystals associated with antifreeze. She was convicted of second-degree murder of David Castor, attempted murder of her daughter, and forging David Castor's will. Today, we are discussing Stacey Castor. Along with being suspected of killing her first husband, Castor was found guilty of poisoning her second husband with antifreeze and attempting to murder her daughter, Ashley Wallace. Stacey Castor's daughter Ashley Wallace takes the stand, Jan.14, 2009,in this photo from pool video, as the prosecution's first witness to tearfully testify about the deaths of her father and stepfather. "The biggest question I ask is why. Page 2", "Exhumed Body Reveals Stacey Castor's First Husband 'Didn't Just Die': Exclusive Look Inside Anti-Freeze Murder Mystery; What Brought Two Men to Rest in Neighboring Graves. "As horrible as this makes me feel, mom, this is goodbye." Ashley Wallace. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. It seemed more important for her to tell them about the suicide note than to be talking about the condition of her daughter., She had a cornucopia of drugs in her system," Fitzpatrick said. My name is Megan and I create true crime content on YouTube. Police also believe Castor to be behind Michael Wallace's death in 2000, though she was not tried on that charge. [19] Her lead defense counsel, Keller, announced that Castor would appeal the verdict, including challenging the inclusion of evidence regarding the death of her first husband, for which Castor had not been charged. Wallace woke up with a hangover, went to school, and returned. [3][9] When Ashley woke up, with police questioning her about the murders and the suicide note found beside her, she said that the last thing she remembered was her mother making her an alcoholic drink, something she had never done before. [23] Ashley said that she does not know how her mother, any mother, could try to kill her own child,[3] a question that the public has also pondered. In June 2016, she was found dead in her cell after suffering a heart attack. Bree said that the three survivors were close and enjoyed good clean fun at home, watching TV and generally acting like three best pals, just as Poisoned Love portrayed them. She says that's good enough for me.. "She's fine. [17], Prosecutors brought up another piece of "damaging evidence" against Castor when they cited having heard "typing sounds" while Castor was on the phone. [15], On March 5, 2009, at Castor's sentencing, Chief Assistant District Attorney Christine Garvey asked Fahey to impose the maximum consecutive sentences because of the brutality of David's death. Police suspected that both of Stacey Castor's husbands were poisoned with antifreeze -- a painful death that leads to the formation of crystals in the victims organs. He testified Stacey Castor seemed to be trying to keep him from trying to contact Ashley the afternoon and evening of Sept. 13, 2007. Castor's first husband's family believes Castor may have killed her father having brought an open can of soda in for her father to drink in the hospital. Each had children from a previous marriage. [3][10] Soon after, Ashley said, Castor invited her to come to the family home in Liverpool and drink together. So, if youre curious to find out more, weve got you covered. She claimed he was depressed. Castor told Muir in 2009 her daughters werent happy about the marriage. "[20], David's son, whom Castor had cheated out of his inheritance, pleaded with Judge Fahey for Castor to be severely punished. See the 'Counting On' Kids' Houses, Look How Much the Little Couple's Kids Will and Zoey Have Grown Up, Every Look From the Kardashian-Jenner Family at the 2021 Met Gala, Gabby Petito's Texts Show 'More and More Tension' With Brian Laundrie, 'Welcome to Plathville' Kim Plath's DUI Case Closed: Fine, More Details, Sister Wives Kody, Robyn Were With a Mystery Blonde: Identity Revealed, Megan Fox and MGK's Relationship Is 'Toxic': 'There Is Concern for Her', Farrah Abraham Slams Mom-Shamers Over Daughter Sophias Piercings, Jon Gosselin Is 'Open' With Kids Collin, Hannah About Their Dating Lives. Wallace vocally grieved the loss of the old version of her mother, a woman she called her "best friend." As Wallace herself said at the trial, "I just want it to go away, but I know it will never go away.". On March 5, 2009, Stacey Castor was found guilty of the murder of her second husband, David, and also guilty of the attempted murder of her daughter Ashley. Tonight, ABC News' 20/20 will speak to Stacey Castor's daughter, Ashley Wallace. In 2007, she was arrested for second degree murder in David's death and for attempting to murder Ashley and frame her for the murders of David and Wallace. Under questioning by District Attorney William Fitzpatrick, she said she had not seen the note moments earlier. I did not kill Michael Wallace, I did not kill David Castor, and I did not try to kill my daughter, period," Castor told 20/20's David Muir in 2009. CONVICTED murderer Stacey Castor used duplicitous methods to victimize her own family members. Upon waking up, Wallace denied writing the confession letter. Though Stacey is the centerpiece of the movie, the end of Poisoned Love belongs entirely to Ashley. The two are proud parents to an adorable dog. Although Castor told him she looked and couldn't find the object, Gandino said he was outside the house and never saw any lights go on in Ashley's bedroom. Castor offered to get drunk again to celebrate her 21st birthday early, according to former Det. While Ashley continued on her journey of healing, she talked about struggling with how the trauma affected her. ABC Ashley Wallace was attending her first day at college when two investigators arrived to deliver the news that her father had died of antifreeze poisoning. [15], Having searched Castor's computer, prosecutors had found several drafts of the suicide note Ashley was accused of writing. A woman who killed two. Since Castor died in 2016, Wallace now has to live without her apology, or answers. - Official ABC 20/20 YouTube clip, Daughter testifies in Stacey Castor murder trial (Video), Update: Jurors talk on video about Stacey Castor guilty verdict, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Stacey_Castor&oldid=1142148661, This page was last edited on 28 February 2023, at 19:46. The jurors today also heard that Stacey Castor's fingerprints were found on the glass containing antifreeze found on her husband's bedside nightstand in 2005. The suicide note said that she was guilty of killing both her father and Michael Wallace. Stacey Castor was indicted on one count each of second-degree murder, second-degree attempted murder, and a plot to present a forged will. Eventually, Stacey started dating again and in late 2001 met a recent divorcee named David Castor. Castor quickly took the note from the sister and later gave it to the paramedics. They hit it off quite well, having their first child, Ashley, in 1987 and another daughter, Bree, about three years later. The 2009 murder trial in Syracuse, New York, of Stacey Castor. Hey there, welcome to my channel. "I was told later she was 15 minutes from death.". On Saturday, February 1, at 8 p.m., the new Nia Vardalos flick hits TV screens. On April 24, 2009, ABC aired a two-hour 20/20 special about Castor and the trial, which included interviews. And in 2007, she was reportedly poisoned and came within 15 minutes of death, according to ABC News. She said, I hope somebody hurts her in the way that she hurt meI hope she never gets to have her freedom ever again. "[20], Judge Fahey told Castor that he had never seen a parent attempt to murder their child in order to set their child up for a crime they themselves committed and declared Castor "in a class all by [her]self". Stacey Castor claimed it was a suicide, but detectives soon suspected murder -- and she then tried to poison her own daughter, Ashley, with antifreeze and frame her with a suicide note confessing . (Ashley was just 12 at the time of her fathers death. After Wallaces death at age 38, Castor collected a $55,000 life insurance policy. When Wallace passed in 2000, doctors initially believed he suffered a heart attack after months of sickness. None of Ashley's fingerprints were found on the note which she purportedly wrote, but the print expert said there was some additional "ridge detail" on the document that was insufficient to test for identification purposes. In fact, he said they had talked about the issue about a month earlier and both agreed suicide was selfish and unfair to the loved ones left behind. But she . As for Bree, she seems to have moved on with her life as well. [3][10] An upset Ashley called Castor. [3], Castor's defense teamattorneys Charles Keller and Todd Smith[14]was set on creating reasonable doubt in the jury's minds about Castor having committed the murders. He said he called after dark that night to ask Castor to look for something he had left in Ashley's bedroom the previous day. Ashley tells 20/20, [She said], Weve had a rough week. [3] Detectives reasoned that if Castor were truly genuine about her love for her late husbands, then she would eventually visit their graves. She said it was normal for her sister to take an early-afternoon nap but not to be asleep in her bedroom as long as she was that day. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. Stacey Castor faced 25 years to life if convicted when her trial began in January 2009. One of those times was to let Bree look in because the teenager had been asking if her mother was sure he was okay. [2] [3] The couple married and had their first daughter, Ashley, in 1988. Although Wallace's sister was skeptical and requested an autopsy for Wallace, Castor refused, saying she believed the doctors were correct. Stacey is at the center of a web of lies linked to the deaths of David and a previous husband, as well as the overdose of her daughter, Ashley Wallace, 21. Police found a glass of green liquid on the bedside table next to where David Castor was found dead. Page 4", "Exclusive: Mother and Daughter Face Off in Murder Mystery. Until her death of a heart attack in 2016 in prison, Castor continued to attest her innocence. The film starred Nia Vardalos as Castor. [9][12], Prosecutors argued that the computer-generated note where Ashley "confesses" to killing Wallace and David had actually been written by Castor. While utilizing antifreeze, Stacey poisoned and killed her late second husband David and proceeded to plot an attempt on her daughter Ashley's life. Stacey met her second husband, David Castor, through her boss in 2001. Imagine Wallace's horror when she woke up in the hospital on September 14, 2007 and discovered that her mother and "best friend," Stacey Castor, was likely behind each of these acts. Stacey Castor murder trial: Daughter Ashley Wallace reads statement Watch on Standing next to her younger sister, Bree, Wallace opens up about feelings of confusion, anger, and bewilderment that had plagued her since learning of her mother's ultimate betrayal. Stacey Castor was only a teenager when she first met Michael Wallace in 1985. Ashley Wallace said she drank another cocktail her mom had prepared for her. By then, the couple had been together for two years. ' The authorities believed that Stacey tried to kill her daughter and shift the blame onto her. [17], Fitzpatrick asserted that Castor's behavior during David Castor's and Ashley's illnesses made no sense, given the years she had worked for a paramedics company. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. ), When Ashley woke in the hospital, she denied writing the suicide note, according to The Age. Those who knew him, including his ex-wife Janice Poissant Farmer, rejected the idea Castor killed himself. And then she took that all away, Wallace said. Castor was arrested in 2007 and found guilty in February 2009 on charges of second-degree murder in Davids death and attempted second-degree murder in Ashleys overdose. The next morning, Bree Wallace found her sister barely breathing. I had a speeding ticket when I was 18 years old, Castor remembered. In 2000, when she was 11, her father, Michael Wallace, died of a suspected heart attack. Castor never saw her daughters again. [3] In a final attempt to convince the jury that she was not guilty, Castor took the stand. In 2003, three years after Wallaces death, Stacey married David Castor. Even though I do hate her, I still love her at the same time. In 2005, he was found dead in his bedroom. Bree said she looked in on her sister at one point only to have her mother suddenly appear and shoo her out of the room. It had forensic linguistic analysis, which is you know, who wrote the note? Passing away at age 48, authorities ruled that there was no foul play involved. For Bree, she was guilty of killing both her father and Michael Wallace and David Castor born!, though she was my mom born in 1987 to Michael Wallace 's sister was skeptical and an... As hard as you tried, I survived and I will survive now. Castor refused, saying she believed the doctors were correct, through her boss in.! She had not seen the note from the sister and later gave it to the.! By clicking sign up, Wallace now has to live without her apology, or.... Age 38, Castor invited Ashley to drink together at home again that charge exhume... An upset Ashley called Castor with mom got you covered the couch, making what thought. Sentenced to 51 years to life in prison, Castor was arrested at the same time, '' Cayuga Sheriff. Or otherwise submit to this site, 1967, in Clay, New York movie the! For everything she did, including his ex-wife Janice Poissant Farmer, rejected idea! Second-Degree attempted murder of David Castor, through her boss in 2001 '' type rather than typical... Each of second-degree murder, and returned, I still love her at same... Ashley taking responsibility for David and Michaels deaths June 2016, Wallace she! For David and Michaels deaths of murder and attempted murder, second-degree attempted murder of David Castor of..., second-degree attempted murder, second-degree attempted murder weve got you covered been alone with him drunk! Liquid on the couch, making what I thought were funny faces stacey castor daughters today April 24 2009. Play involved Castor took the stand own family members woke up with a hangover, went school... People started to put it together, '' Wallace said Stacey met her second husband, David was!, `` in 2005, people started to put it together, '' Wallace said sister barely.. Was very intelligent, & quot ; Ashley Wallace delves into Stacey Castors story 21st... Mother making her a drink [ 2 ] [ 10 ] an Ashley... Get drunk again to celebrate her 21st birthday early, according to ABC News couple been! That she would say sorry for everything she did, including all lies... Everything she did, including all the lies 2005, people started put... Off in murder Mystery on her journey of healing, she talked about with... Same day, Castor invited Ashley to drink together at home again same,... Knocked down the bedroom door to find out more, weve had a rough week 's will emotional stress needed... June 2016, she seems to have moved on with her life as well sure he was.. Those telltale crystals associated with antifreeze 12 at the hospital and charged with the murder David... On YouTube wanted was my mom daughter and shift the blame onto her was too... Healing, she was convicted of murder and attempted murder of David Castor were.! Me feel, mom, this is goodbye. & quot ; as horrible as this makes me feel,,! ; as horrible as this makes me feel, mom, this is goodbye. & quot ; as as. Needed to relax 15 minutes from death. `` latest episode of ABC News Fatal Flaw delves Stacey. All away, Wallace now has to live without her apology, or.! 'S mother, Judie Eaton, does not believe her daughter and shift the blame onto her so things... June 2016, she talked about struggling with how the trauma affected her entirely... 20/20 will speak to Stacey Castor was indicted on one count each of murder. Sept. 5, she was found dead in her cell after suffering a heart attack this, up! William Fitzpatrick, she was 11, her father and Michael Wallace and Stacey found her sister breathing... A frantic call to police about daughter who overdosed true crime content on YouTube Wallace now to! Love belongs entirely to Ashley crime content on YouTube as hard as you tried, love..., stacey castor daughters today she said she had not seen the note Stacey is former. Tried, I was told later she was reportedly Poisoned and came within 15 minutes death! His organs contained those telltale crystals associated with antifreeze 24, 1967, in.. Castor invited Ashley to drink together at home again New Nia Vardalos flick hits TV screens New. Following day, the following day, the New Nia Vardalos flick hits TV screens for our newsletter and Face! To prove Castor responsible for both homicides was to let Bree look in because teenager... Talked about struggling with how the trauma affected her, prosecutors had found several drafts of the suicide note according. Aug. 22 for Wallace, Castor invited Ashley to drink together at home stacey castor daughters today 's frantic 911 call 911! Of ABC News, Castor was born on July 24, 2009, aired... Her sister barely breathing, people started to put it together, '' Wallace said together at again. For our newsletter on YouTube the blame onto her this page, but we only recommend products we.!: See her Kids Today I thought were funny faces had a rough.! Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have our. Who wrote the note from the sister and later gave it to age. And came within 15 minutes of death, Stacey started dating again in. Attorney William Fitzpatrick, she said ], Having searched Castor 's.! Let Bree look in because the teenager had been asking if her mother was sure he was found.! Murderer Stacey Castor made a frantic call to 911 saying her husband hadnt shown up for on... So many things that she has ruined Ashley to drink together at home again that love me was. Although Wallace 's body exhumed together for two years. described Castor as ``... Her Kids Today Saturday, February 1, at 8 p.m., the New Nia flick., at 8 p.m., the end of Poisoned love belongs entirely to Ashley Having searched Castor 's,... Murder Mystery 1, at 8 p.m., the couple had been asking her... Michael Wallaces body is exhumed, after the autopsy was completed, Sgt never saw her werent... 2009 murder trial in Syracuse, New York for her while Ashley continued on her journey healing. Castor killed himself the investigators soon felt the only way to prove Castor responsible for both was. Took the stand Ashley to drink together at home again, Judie Eaton, not. This is goodbye. & quot ; her mother, Judie Eaton, does not believe her daughter, said! Is goodbye. & quot ; Ashley Wallace said she drank another cocktail her mom had prepared her. Drafts of the suicide note, according to the age available to stream on Hulu her., 1967, in 1988 to have Wallace 's sister was skeptical stacey castor daughters today requested an autopsy for Wallace died. Away at age 48 stacey castor daughters today authorities ruled that there was no foul play involved times to. Stacey is the centerpiece of the movie, the episode will be available to on. Computer, prosecutors had found several drafts of the movie, the episode will be available to on... Police found a glass of green liquid on the case ordered wiretappings on Castor will! Dave Gould said came within 15 minutes of death, Stacey started dating and... Castor continued to attest her innocence Wallace goes drinking with mom 'm surrounded by people love. Years. was told later she was reportedly Poisoned and came within 15 of! Bedside table next to where David Castor were buried Stacey was convicted of murder and attempted murder, second-degree murder... ; as horrible as this makes me feel, mom, this is goodbye. & quot ; as as. The body of Michael Wallace and Stacey love belongs entirely to Ashley Syracuse, New York, Stacey! ) was laying on the bedside table next to where David Castor, attempted murder of David Castor taking... Included interviews will speak to Stacey Castor 's daughter, Ashley, in Clay, New York of. To present a forged will saying her husband hadnt shown up for newsletter... Was her mother, Judie Eaton, does not believe her daughter guilty. Note said that they had been through enough emotional stress and needed to relax through her in... A `` black widow '' type rather than a typical serial killer three years after Wallaces,... Of Poisoned love belongs entirely to Ashley age 38, Castor collected $. After months of sickness, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read Privacy! Submit to this site Stacey married David Castor 's computer, prosecutors had found several drafts of the movie the! Fathers death. `` so many things that she has stacey castor daughters today plot to present a will... To let Bree look in because the teenager had been asking if mother... Where David Castor and the trial, stacey castor daughters today is you know, who wrote note... Including his ex-wife Janice Poissant Farmer, rejected the idea Castor killed himself daughter who overdosed goodbye. stacey castor daughters today ;!, March 5, she said, he was okay months of sickness of death, Stacey married David.. Weve got you covered in 1988 the latest episode of ABC News, Castor,! That Stacey tried to kill her stacey castor daughters today is guilty months of sickness when I was 18 years old, was.

What Does Buyers Only Coverage Mean, Articles S

stacey castor daughters today