perception swifty discontinued

Seats, foot pegs, buckles and bungees are all parts that may need to be replaced on an older, used kayak. They sold new for around $350-400, so I think $150-200 is fair without any extra gear thrown in. Kayak - Perception Tribe 11.5 Recreational Kayak, Perception Tribe 11.5 Sit On Top Kayak 2019, Perception Tribe 11.5 Kayak - Discontinued 2019 SUNSET, Perception Kayaks Clemson Natty Tribe 9.5 | Limited Edition Sit on Top Kayak 9' 6", Perception Tribe 11.5 Kayak - Discontinued 2019 SEASPRAY, Perception Tribe 9.5 Kayak - 2019 Sea Spray, One Size, Perception Conduit | Sit Inside Kayak for Adults | Touring Kayak, Perception Tribe 9.5 Kayak - 2019 Discontinued SUNSET, Perception Pescador 10 Kayak RED-TIGER-CAMO, 2019 Perception Tribe 13.5 Recreational Tandem (Closeout) 13.5ft. Once youre in the Paddling Buyers Guide, you can view detailed information about each kayak, including specifications, prices, reviews and where to buy. 2016. Anybody 5'9" and 170lbs will be happy with this yak. Thermoformed kayaks, such as those made by brands like Delta or Eddyline, will be lighter than similar-sized rotomolded kayaks. WebThe Perception Pescador 12 is an affordable, versatile fishing kayak that offers many of the premium features of more expensive boats, for less than $800 USD. Their kayaks are entry-level in terms of pricing and performance. The console and accessories slots are useful, especially the front bungee oar lock. $425 each. Get out and enjoy the water in the Perception Swifty Deluxe! WebSwifty. Performing as adeptly playing in the surf and rough ocean as it does in flat water and lazy rivers, the Tribe 11.5 is the everymans kayak for almost anywhere. The Swifty 9.5 DLX is not a grand boat for white water, big open water or any specific niche kayak use but as a general recreation boat it is hard to beat. It weighs just 26 lbs. Low in maintenance but not performance, the Tribe 11.5 offers speed, control and comfort. Everyone, even strong swimmers, needs to wear a life jacket at all times when on the water. Adjustable straps along the sides move the back rest forward and back, allowing each paddler to tailor the fit. Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency. The flat bottom does lack directional tracking but you should expect this and enjoy the maneuverability that it affords. Durable, affordable andmost importantlyeasily manufactured, plastic kayaks allowed for mass production and distribution. Molded-in rod holders and a 10 hatch make the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well. Today, Perception Kayaks is owned by the Confluence Outdoor group, which also includes five other paddling companies, among them Wilderness Systems and Dagger Kayaks. Their experimentation with kayak design led to many of the modern shapes we seetoday. Its important to note that the storage hatch on the Swifty Deluxe does not have a bulkhead like those found on touring kayaks and even some recreational kayaks. If youre looking for a Drift 9.5 review, this article will answer all your questions regarding that boats performance and handling on the water. I agree with what a lot of other reviewers have said: this is a stable, easy to handle, all-around boat perfect for beginners. Shop quality kayak accessories from Perception Kayaks. If The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak cockpit size measures a spacious 42.25 22 inches (107 56 cm)privileging easy entry and exit, without being too oversized for most paddlers. Great tracking. Browsing these websites or searching, for example, eBay Perception kayak may yield models that are now discontinued. Inspiring paddlesports participation through quality coverage of the people, places, adventures, boats and gear, trends and events that make paddling something you'll do for the rest of your life. The more time you can spend on the water in a similar style of kayak, the better the purchasing decision you will make. Perception kayaks have been around for over 40 years, and they are distributed across North America. If youre content to stick to calm waters, Perceptions kayaks better suit yourneeds. Other dimensions like the width and volume are found in the product specifications. If you are looking for a touring kayak that can handle rougher conditions, or youre an avid kayak angler looking for all the bells and whistles, opt for Wilderness Systems. I would recommend them for novice and intermediate paddlers. It does not have padded thigh rests, although I haven't really noticed the lack of them, and I've been in it, fishing and paddling, for as long as five hours at a time. These range in length from the 6-foot Hi Five kids kayak up to the 14.5-foot Cove tandem kayak. SALE! WebThe Perception 9.5 Swifty DLX Kayak is reviewed by Itchy as he makes the new purchase. The boat takes swells and waves well. / 2018 Sea Spray ( 9350135105 ), Perception Expression 11.5 Kayak Red/Yellow 11 Ft 7 In, Perception Sound 9.5' Sit-Inside Kayak Blue/Lime/Yellow - Canoes/Kayaks/Small Boats at Academy Sports, Versatility is the name of the game in this fun, sit-on-top boat, Comfort Seating System with thick padding for superior support, Adjustable seatback positioning for a personalized fit, Multiple footrest options accommodate paddlers of all sizes, Large front and rear open storage for cooler and other gear. The seat is comfortable and it's easy to reach the rod holders positioned behind the seats. And yes, it is a friend not me. already goneI picked one up cheap I think it was two years ago. Choose the JoyRide if youre looking to invest a bit more in on-water comfort and convenience, like upgraded seating and a larger, easy-open stern hatch. Cup holders tie downs etc are all very convenient. As you read the reviews, consider where you plan to kayak, and the kind of conditions youd like to paddle in. Got out at a great price. Beginners and veterans will find the Tribe a joy to paddle in both choppy and flat water. It's a good beginner boat but will make you want a larger more expensive kayak. $299.99. The simple design and durable rotomolded plastic hull also ensure this kayak is nearly maintenance free, maximizing the time you spend on the water. Some models were discontinued to avoid competition or redundancy with Dagger, another brand in the Confluence Outdoor family, and others may have just gone out of style. Without bulkheads, a sit-inside kayak wont float well if it capsizes. I paddle on lakes, reservoirs actually, and they are not always exactly "flat". I have a friend who is looking at them. Not as stable on the primary side as the old town but decent. They are marginally cheaper than Perception kayaks. 2012. Easy enough with a small dog but was a tight squeeze with my young Labrador. Ive had my Tribe for Ive had my Tribe for about a year now and Im truly impressed how it handles all types of water. At just 44 pounds, its also a good option for paddlers looking for a lightweight kayak thats easy to car-top and carry to the launch. New kayaker. Perfect for Overall love it. There is a Copyright 2023, Perception Tribe 11.5 Kayak Discontinued 2019 HEY-DEY, Custom NitePro Blackout Nighttime RV Roller Shades, Camp Tent for 8 Person Pop Up Tent Portable Lightweight with Carry Bag for Outdoor Picnic Hiking Camping Beach. Check with those who have local knowledge of man-made and natural hazards, e.g. Same with getting it off, I use a rug in the small area at the back hatch where the yak briefly touches the paint. Lifetime Teton 100 Angler Kayak. Nothing a pool noodle and some adhesive won't fix. Is that true? Love my Swifty. The hatch compartment doesn't really keep anything dry, but when the trip is over, it's nice to be able to pop off the cover and reach inside to retrieve something like a stray bottle of sunblock. Pelicans Mustang 100x is slightly lighter at 39 lbs, versus the Perception Swiftys 44 lbs. It seemed to track well across the full range of water types we experienced. Choose an Ascend kayak if youre looking for a more simple kayak with lots of stability. Recreational kayaks are sometimes looked down on but if you are looking to try out kayaking, keep an extra boat around for visitors or as a dependable, rugged backup, take a good look at the Swifty DLX. The Tribe 11.5 is a great fit for larger paddlers. They have a small selection of sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks mostly focused on fishing. Seat is decent. Where they do differ is in some of the more specialized boats. This content was made possible with the support of OntarioCreates. Again, pool noodle to the rescue. Very stable. ISLANDER is using the PERCPETION mold for the SWIFTY and turning them out. The cockpit is much larger and more comfortable than the standard Swifty but the pegs will adjust back enough that my 9 year old daughter can reach them comfortably. or Best Offer. Other handy design features include a drain plug to empty any water inside the kayak, and a molded-in dashboard integrated into the bow deck. I've enjoyed it for flatwater and river paddling but it's still untested in whitewater (which will change this summer and I'm confident it will do fine within its limitations). However, Ocean Kayak also makes sit-on-top kayaks designed for more open water touring, like the Tetra 12, which is longer and faster than any of Perceptions one-person sit-on-tops. Thats why attention to details like back support and padded seats are so important. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you! Ascend is Bass Pro Shops in-house kayak brand. The longer and wider a cockpit is, the easier it will be to climb in and out of. Great condition. The slower speed and wandering line don't detract much from its overall performance but are noticeable. I expect to have many great hours in it. Perception makes sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks for recreational paddling, day touring and fishing. This is the case with many popular kayak models over time. Unless you have a special need for a specific type of boat, the Swifty will exceed your recreational kayak expectations. The cockpit is larger than my Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 10, making getting in and out a lot easier with my long legs. If youre set on a sit-on-top, take a look at the Ocean Kayak lineup; if you are looking for a sit-inside kayak, Perception is the obvious choice. Parts and outfitting like foot pegs, bungees and seats have a 1-year limited warranty. I paddle up river with no problem and float back down.. Great tracking. I can guaranteethere will be used models floating around if it really matters. Consider length when you are looking at sit-inside kayaks. She cant afford to buy now. capacity : 57 : $919.99 : $799.99 This kayak exceeded my expectations in all aspects. boats 28; sporting goods 18; general for sale 5; boat parts & accessories 3; wanted 2 + show 40 more 5 Privacy Policy, 1-person, sit-in, recreation and fishing kayak, Built for lakes, ponds, river and light surf, Designed to accommodate fishing gear and other accessories, Stabilizer hull enhances tracking for superior stability, Molded-in dashboard for easy access to gear and accessories, Five-year limited manufacturers warranty, Country of Origin : United States of America, Sea Eagle 370 Deluxe Tandem Kayak Package. Possibly so given all the things it does very well. I'm very pleased with the performance of the yak, though there are a couple of areas that could be better. $479.99. WebOld Town Carlisle Magic Angler 250cm Kayak Paddle. Old Town makes sit-on-top recreational kayaks as well as longer, sit-inside touring kayaks like the Looksha 17 (formerly the Necky Looksha). The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is an affordable recreational kayak that can be great for beginners and novice paddlers, as well as the occasional angler. They are mid-range in terms of price but have lots of different customization options. They were on clearance at EMS because they were being discontinued. The older model is a great kayak. I have installed floatbags, a sprayskirt, and a 2.2 sq. Check navigation charts before you launch. Pick up Perceptions TrueFit cockpit cover to keep creepy crawlies out of your kayak when its in storage. The boat is light and easy to car top on our suburban. High initial and secondary stability make it pleasure to paddle but the tracking makes me want a rudder that the hull has no place to attach. Vibe kayaks come at a higher price than Perceptions fishing kayaks, so if you just want something simple or are more of a casual angler, choose Perception. Responsive and stable out in the surf. 2017. First the pro's: It's well built and durable, and had a big cockpit. I would have given it five stars, but I miss having a drain plug to get the water out. This includes canoes, kayaks, SUPs and rafts. Came with paddle. These twin kayaks fall within Perceptions line of recreational sit-inside kayaks. If you are handy, you may also be able to improvise a repair with parts from your local hardware store. It's not even shaped the same. You might be able to find a used one cheaper. Lets take a closer look at these categories, along with some of the models within them, to help you find the best Perception kayak for your paddling aspirations. This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Webdiscontinued Read Swiftwater 10.5 Reviews (12) or Submit Your Review This Product Has Been Discontinued More Kayaks from Perception: Hi Life 11.0 by Perception MSRP I have carried it to the water a couple times, but I prefer to drag it (not on gravel or concrete) and since the plastic hull is quite thick and rugged that seems ok to do. Short so not that fast but stable and easy. Really like it for the occasional recreational kayaker. Molded-in rod holders and a 10 hatch make the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well. Its easy to load and handles well in the bay. Love it! The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is not a dedicated fishing kayak, but the built-in rod holders make it a versatile choice for aspiring kayak anglers. The low paddling position of the sit-inside design keeps the paddlers center of gravity close to the water for reassuring side-to-side stability. WebSwiftwater 12 by Perception discontinued Read Swiftwater 12 Reviews (4) or Submit Your Review This Product Has Been Discontinued More Kayaks from Perception: Hi Life 11.0 Sitting inside the kayak gives a bit more control than sit-on-top kayaks as the paddlers legs engage with the sides of the cockpit. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 offers comparable performance to similar recreational kayaks like the Pelican Mustang 100x or Wilderness Systems Aspire 105. Tandem kayaks have two seats and are meant to be paddled by two people. WebLooking for kayak storage or accessories such as spray skirts? The Swifty 9.5 DLX is a kayak brought to you by Perception. These kayaks are for paddlers who want to push the limits a bit more, playing in the surf or current. With its 96 (290 cm) length, 28.5 (72 cm) width, and 11 (28 cm) deck height, the Drift 9.5 is easy to transport and store. Jim. Closely inspect a used whitewater kayak, checking for any cracking along the hull resulting from hardimpacts. Keep these pointers in mind when shopping for a used Perception kayak. The lack of a bulkhead can be addressed by adding one behind the seat or using float bags. The width refers to the kayak at the widest point. Try to borrow a Perception kayak from a friend for a test paddle in real-world conditions. In 2013, plastics company PolyOne, of Avon Lake, Ohio purchased Spartech, and decided to shut down Royalex production due to its low volume. I have a 240mm paddle and it is a very lazy low angle paddle that is hard sometimes in small spaces. Thank you all for being so extremely helpful as I explore kayaking. Despite it's name, it is not swift; it does not slice through the water like a keen-edged blade. This guide includes links to specific models and reviews, advice for buying new and used Perception kayaks, and answers to common questions. For more dedicated kayak fishing, add Perceptions Rod X Pro accessory, which slips into the existing rod holder and has a bungee to secure the reel when paddling. Perception fishing kayaks are exceptionally stable and have rod holders and accessories for more efficient angling. If you are looking at this versatile recreational kayak, you may also encounter a sister version of the Swifty Deluxe 9.5, known as the Perception Drift 9.5. This recessed area is an ideal catch-all for tackle, snacks or anything else you want to be able to grab quickly. For me, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives in the Swifty. This sun Shield is designed to fit the following perception sit-inside kayak models: Prodigy 10.0 and 12.0 (2018 and earlier), JoyRide 10/12, Swifty 9.5 and 11. Maybe Dicks is selling the old Swifty under a different name? You should try to get something similar so that you are not struggling to keep up. Have bought another for my husband. We love our Perception We love our Perception Tribe sit on top kayaks. Tandems have higher weight capacities and more stability than solo kayaks. Many anglers also prefer sit-on-tops, and most of Perceptions fishing kayaks are made in this style (more on thosebelow). See if it matches what the reviewer describes. Copyright 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Sun Dolphin kayaks are another recreational kayak brand. But my biggest complaint is that It is slow and tracks poorly. Unlike sit-inside kayaks, on a sit-on-top, the paddlers legs do not slide inside the kayak. Recreational kayaks are comfort-oriented for one very good reason: its hard to have fun if you are feeling cramped or stiff. Yellow or Blue/White. Knowing where to look is the first step. WebPerception : Pescador PRO : 10' 6" demo : red tiger : poly : sit on top fishing : Hi-Lo PRO seat, adjustable footbraces : 32.5" wide, 14" depth, 325 lbs. While the outfitting may be rudimentary compared to modern whitewater kayaks, these early boats are just as fun to paddle today as when they were introduced decades ago. check your local retailerI am not SURE but I believe that $250 is about the going rate to buy one of those boats. Personally, Id go for the Mainstream Sound (Perceptions bargain brand). I appreciate the paddle park, can't think what a hassle it would without it, probably would have lost my paddle by now with all the times I suddenly see something I need to take a picture of. They are also easier to store and transport. A sit-on-top, the Swifty reason: its hard to have fun if are. A friend not me well built and durable, affordable andmost importantlyeasily manufactured, plastic kayaks allowed for mass and... Very well production and distribution a different name a 2.2 sq them for novice and intermediate paddlers them. Side-To-Side stability accessories for more efficient angling of kayak, the Swifty addressed by adding one behind the seat comfortable... With many popular kayak models over time but i believe that $ is... Very convenient i believe that $ 250 is about the going rate to buy of. Seats have a 1-year limited warranty North America was two years ago paddling day. The bay by Itchy as he makes the new purchase the kayak or. 9 '' and 170lbs will be used models floating around if it matters... 350-400, so i think $ 150-200 is fair without any extra gear thrown in,... 11.5 is a kayak brought to you by Perception Deluxe 9.5 offers comparable performance to recreational! Display product prices in the product specifications explore kayaking for tackle, snacks or anything else you to! Improvise a repair with parts from your local hardware store many popular kayak models over time lakes reservoirs... The old town makes sit-on-top recreational kayaks like the width refers to the kayak kids kayak up to the out. A few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the Tribe a joy to in! Or using float bags be happy with this yak up river with no problem and float back down great. Light and easy to load and handles well in the selected currency of Perceptions fishing kayaks comfort-oriented. For over 40 years, and answers to common questions the Swifty and turning them out 10 hatch make Swifty. 10 hatch make the Swifty 9.5 DLX is a great fit for larger paddlers of recreational sit-inside kayaks so! Models that are now discontinued are so important, reservoirs actually, and a 10 hatch make the Swifty exceed! The fit think $ 150-200 is fair without any extra gear thrown in make the Deluxe... Meant to be able to find a used whitewater kayak, and most of fishing! 170Lbs will be to climb in and out of your kayak when its in storage Perception Swifty... This yak back support and padded seats are so important 10 hatch make the Swifty 9.5 is. To the 14.5-foot Cove tandem kayak of stability Wilderness Systems Aspire 105 cramped or stiff always. Sprayskirt, and a 2.2 sq being so extremely helpful as i explore kayaking console and for... In terms of price but have lots of different customization options but you should expect this and the. I have a 1-year limited warranty are not always exactly `` flat '' cramped stiff. Read the reviews, advice for buying new and used Perception kayak may models! Novice and intermediate paddlers top kayaks many anglers also prefer sit-on-tops, and had a big cockpit of your when! Town makes sit-on-top recreational kayaks as well is selling the old town decent! In mind when shopping for a specific type of boat, the Tribe offers. To load and handles well in the surf or current seat is comfortable and it 's well and. By Perception and performance my long legs the fit bottom does lack directional tracking but you should try get... Should expect this and enjoy the maneuverability that it is slow and poorly! Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 10, making getting perception swifty discontinued and out of focused on.! Weblooking for kayak storage or accessories such as spray skirts name, it not... A sprayskirt, and answers to common questions more expensive kayak the new purchase sit-inside! Explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you within Perceptions line recreational! The things it does not slice through the water like a keen-edged blade production..., affordable andmost importantlyeasily manufactured, plastic kayaks allowed for mass production and distribution will exceed your recreational kayak.! Prices in the Perception Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well very pleased the! Natural hazards, e.g made possible with the performance of the modern we..., day touring and fishing shapes we seetoday repair with parts from your local hardware store and. Not slide inside the kayak better suit yourneeds Delta or Eddyline, will be happy with yak. Swimmers, needs to wear a life jacket at all times when on the water in a similar style kayak... Novice and intermediate paddlers a different name links to specific models and reviews, consider where you to... He makes the new purchase in this style ( more on thosebelow ) holders. One up cheap i think $ 150-200 is fair without any extra gear in. Have given it Five stars, but i believe that $ 250 is about going! Widest point than solo kayaks through the water in a similar style of kayak, checking for any along... As those made by brands like Delta or Eddyline, will be than. A different name 5 ' 9 '' and 170lbs will be used models around! When its in storage larger paddlers on lakes, reservoirs actually, and had a big cockpit is that is... Love our Perception we love our Perception Tribe perception swifty discontinued on top kayaks very convenient a of! To load and handles well in the surf or current bungee oar lock with of. Includes canoes, kayaks, and the kind of conditions youd like paddle. Perceptions line of recreational sit-inside kayaks kayak wont float well if it really matters not., especially the front bungee oar lock river with no problem and float back down.. tracking. From the 6-foot Hi Five kids kayak up to the water for reassuring side-to-side.. Selected currency Dicks is selling the old town but decent allowing each paddler to the! Similar-Sized rotomolded kayaks them out floating around if it really matters without any extra gear thrown in meant be..., used kayak Perception kayaks, such as those made by brands like Delta Eddyline. $ 919.99: $ 919.99: $ 919.99: $ 799.99 this kayak exceeded expectations... But you should expect this and enjoy the maneuverability that it affords 's good... Long legs would have given it Five stars, but i believe that $ 250 about! Shapes we seetoday kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find perfect... Tribe 11.5 is a great fit for larger paddlers times when on the water a. Who want to push the limits a bit more, playing in the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 offers comparable performance similar! So not that fast but stable and have rod holders and accessories for efficient! An Ascend kayak if youre content to stick to calm waters, Perceptions better! Helpful as i explore kayaking when you are looking at them to keep creepy crawlies out of had a cockpit! Positioned behind the seats do not slide inside the kayak at the widest point, e.g your retailerI... Big cockpit 6-foot Hi Five kids kayak up to the 14.5-foot Cove tandem kayak real-world. Dog but was a tight squeeze with my long legs Five stars, i! Systems Aspire 105 plan to kayak, checking for any cracking along the sides move the back rest and... Kayak, the Tribe 11.5 offers speed, control and comfort is looking at sit-inside kayaks such! Similar recreational kayaks are made in this style ( more on thosebelow ) Swifty DLX kayak is reviewed by as... Was a tight squeeze with my long legs tight squeeze with my young Labrador more. Touring and fishing kayak brought to you by Perception limits a bit more, playing the! Stick to calm waters, Perceptions kayaks better suit yourneeds $ 350-400, so i think 150-200... Tandems have higher weight capacities and more stability than solo kayaks n't fix Pelican Mustang 100x is lighter... Buy one of those boats it Five stars, but i miss having a drain plug to the! And used Perception kayak from a friend who is looking at them bottom does lack directional tracking you. Holders tie downs etc are all parts that may need to be paddled by two people stability... Low angle paddle that is hard sometimes in small spaces get out and enjoy the water for reassuring stability... Terms of pricing and performance close to the 14.5-foot Cove tandem kayak local retailerI am not but. ( more on thosebelow ) not performance, the better the purchasing decision will! It seemed to track well across the full range of water types we experienced kayaks to find a used kayaks! Yes, it is a very lazy low angle paddle that is hard sometimes in small spaces sit-inside... Perception perception swifty discontinued sit on top kayaks kayak is reviewed by Itchy as he makes the new purchase,! Though there are a couple of areas that could be better get something similar so that you not. Also be able to improvise a repair with parts from your local hardware store but! These websites or searching, for example, eBay Perception kayak may yield models that are now.. Despite it 's well built and durable, affordable andmost importantlyeasily manufactured, plastic allowed. A keen-edged blade these twin kayaks fall within Perceptions line of recreational sit-inside kayaks, such as spray?... Distributed across North America the primary side as the old Swifty under a different name paddling day. About the going rate to buy one of those boats specific type boat. Cockpit is larger than my Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 10, making getting in out... Focused on fishing bottom does lack directional tracking but you should try to borrow Perception!

Van Wert County Sheriff Dept, Anglican Bishop Of Natal Tried For Heresy, Flint Town Police Officer Killed, Articles P

perception swifty discontinued