eva air business class london to bangkok

To make flights more atmospheric and less monotonous, the ambient lighting system simulates moonlight and the colours can be adjusted by the crew. Boarding was scheduled to start at 5:50PM, though ended up starting at 6:05PM. EVA Air (BR) Flight: BR068 Class: Business From: London (LHR) To: Bangkok (BKK) Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER Seat: 9A Date: October 2014 The gate areas in the satellite terminal of LHR T2 are pretty decent. When sleeping, the aisle armrest can be left up for more privacy, or lowered for providing some welcome extra bed width. The advanced system features interactive games, high-fidelity noise-cancelling headphones and sharp, clear 10.4-inch (A330-200) / 15.4-inch (A330-300) personal video screens in top cabins. . I really enjoyed their product! Time + Tide Miavana, the worlds best resort, Amanzoe, the most exclusive hotel in Greece, Review: Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita, Top 10 best hotels to see the Northern Lights, Travel news: this month (February 2023) in luxury travel, Review: The Oberoi Beach Resort Mauritius, Top 10 best Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the world, I paid this one-way Business Class ticket from Bangkok to London with miles & cash: 15, 0 euros + 67500 miles. Turn down service is provided upon request. Business class had three lavatories two behind the cabin, and one in front near the cockpit. This coincides with news from July 1st that fully vaccinated international travellers would no longer require COVID tests to enter Thailand. Agreed. Though United was the new Polaris business and I had one of the good window seats, Eva was a much better experience: great food, really responsive crew and comfortable seat and bedding - plus unusually stylish pajamas :). And the crab in your first course (and on the menu) is cray fish, isn't it, EVA air does have free wi-fi for business, but you have to preregister, Application for Complimentary EVA Wi-Fi: Registration for redemption is available starting 48 hours until 30 minutes before your scheduled departure. Premium Laurel Class and Business Class passengers can enjoy a number of baggage privileges when checking in, including a special tag for expedited baggage loading and unloading. EVA Air business class amenity kit contents. but at the time I think this was one of the first flights to load Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon. Services and amenities may vary across different cabins and routes. The PJs are also ridiculously comfortable, we still use them for lounging around our apartment. At 9AM Bangkok time the captain announced that wed be descending in five minutes, and would land at 9:35AM. Olive juice? Absolutely love EVA Royal Laurel. second time flying EVA first time in business class, from Houston IAH to Taipei and onward to Kuala Lumpur business class. Also waiting at my seat was a bottle of Fiji water. Thank you very much. I believe they are currently on the NH 211/212 from HND to LHR. Especially given that amenity kits (of any kind) are still not the norm in J for many airlines. Nearly half of its relatively small fleet is made up of long-range Boeing 777-300ERs, configured with fewer seats than most other operators of the same plane the 29-year old airline has made a name for . First I was offered a warm towel, and then about 1hr45min before landing the starter was served. I liked the seat, I found it more comfortable than their reverse herringbone. Learn how your comment data is processed. While not very large, the lounge comprises three distinct rooms, which all feature a wide variety of seats, ranging from low armchairs and high-back chairs to bar stools and leather recliners (most of them are equipped with power ports). Copyright EVA Airways. Did the type of service, amenities and accommodation changed because of COVID? Although as with every other airline ever, I wasnt able to view the contents of my Android phone. ! And the distance between the When I pushed the call button, flight attendants appeared within seconds. I had an overnight flight so I arrived at 5 am. Introduction: The 25,000 Mile Journey To Greece, Review: Aer Lingus Arrivals Lounge Dublin Airport, Flying Around Europe With TAPered Expectations, Review: TAP Air Portugal A321LR Business Class, Review: United 787-10 Polaris Business Class, Review: Thai Airways Business Lounge Bangkok Airport, Review: Turkish Airlines Lounge Bangkok Airport, Review: Miracle First Class Lounge Bangkok Airport, Review: Santa Marina, Luxury Collection, Mykonos, Review: British Airways A320 Business Class, the Austrian Business Lounge, which Ive reviewed before, EVA Air Operating Hello Kitty Flight To Nowhere, Insane: EVA Air Passenger Demanded Crew Wipe His Butt (And A LOT More), Review: EVA Air Hello Kitty Business Class 777 Taipei To Singapore, Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. EVA flies to about 70 destinations within Taiwan, elsewhere in Asia, and in Australia, Europe and North America. Wednesdaynewslettersalways feature ahotelorflightreview. Snowboard- . The flight departs from LHR at 9:20 pm with a stopover in BKK and an hour later will continue flying to TPE. Also to the side of the seat were some basic seat controls. At this stage the starry night sky effect had been turned on. We offer our passengers a wide range of dishes to choose from. @MikeyInOregon -- "Service was outstanding, as always but the food was still their weakest point." You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Next up was a salad which had a bit too much dressing for my liking, but was otherwise flavorful. EVA business class is still the best-kept secret for travel to Asia. One interesting point of note: there were no TV programs at all, just movies. The 787 cabin does feel more a little cramped than the 777 though. The room next to the reception area is the center of the lounge: it has a large communal table, an excellent self-serve bar (with a decent selection of beers, wines, and spirits), and a large buffet area. Theres a decent selection of movies, TV shows, games and music to choose from (albeit not as extensive as compared to some of its competitors, such as Singapore Airlines or Emirates). Taiwan's leading independent airline - EVA Air - has resumed a full schedule of flights from London Heathrow to Thailand's capital city, Bangkok. Love your blog! About five minutes later I was served the appetizer, consisting ofcrab meat and avocado salad timbale with chive oil. Everything I've ordered has tasted great and beautifully presented. Compared to Cathay, the seat is slightly less private as it doesnt feature a wing around the head area. Children run off in erratic directions, people struggle with two wheeled bags through the narrow alleys, logjams form as confusion arises over seat locations or overhead space and pretty much everyone scrutinises you and the cabin youre in. Good grief, when does it end?! Operates in: T2 Reservation: 020 7380 8300 Customer Service: 020 7380 8300 Still its one thing knowing what people are thinking and another to hear it. The ticket was booked via Lufthansas frequent flyer program Miles & More (Eva Air is a Star Alliance partner of Lufthansa). Tourist attractions in Thailand comfortable lay flat seats. The in-flight service was superb. EVA Air B787-9 Business Class Review January 24, 2019 | Sam Chui Alitalia B777 "Magnifica Class" Tokyo to Rome December 14, 2018 | Sam Chui United B777-300/ER Polaris Business Class HKG SFO October 3, 2018 | Sam Chui Review: Gulf Air New B787-9 Business Class Review September 23, 2018 | Sam Chui Review: Saudia A330-300 New Business Class What's especially nice about these EVA Air planes is that the Economy seats are ergonomically designed and feature upgraded 12-inch HD touchscreen TV screens. It is a member of the Star Alliance. Your email address will not be published. Seats are equipped with 110-volt power outlets, individually adjustable LED reading lamps and retractable dividers that maximise privacy. It was fantastic. Eva Air is an interesting company. EVA has picked a theme: Green be it evergreen, royal laurel or the colour green on the inside and outside of their planes as well as the uniforms. What were the adjustments done because of the pandemic? I asked for some champagne, which was served with a special Boeing 787 napkin, a chocolate, and a warm towel on a tray. There is additional storage space near your feet with two shelves. Not that it wasnt efficient, it was just very mechanical and procedural whilst the likes of JL, CX, SQ and VS can be exceptional. I was looking forward to a glass of Dom Perignon (another major check mark for EVA) but would have to wait until we were in the air. A generous 6162-inch seat pitch is made even more comfortable with fully adjustable headrests and footrests, electrically controlled lumbar support and seatbacks, and added ergonomic features. The Founder and CEO of Starlux was formerly Chairman of EVA before a family squabble displaced him from that role, so he certainly knows how to compete against his former airline! EVA Air A321-200 Business Class provides cosy, spacious and exquisitely modern seats with power outlets that guarantee total relaxation throughout the flight. At 6:30PM the main cabin door closed, and at 6:35PM the captain announced that wed push back within 10 minutes. I flew their 787 last December and it was brand spanking new with that intoxicating new plane smell. EVA Air has staggered seats on their 787-9s, very similar to what youll find on Qantas 787-9s (though the finishes make them look very different). I vow to be a good person from this day on, if by some miracle I get upgraded As we were settling down in our seats an FA approached with a trolley of PJs and amenity kits as well as scented towels. There are no galleys are lavs near here. Each seat is also located in its own shell, offering maximum privacy. There is also a minor cosmetic difference in the seat itself. Pastries and bread were also on offer but I decided to save myself for Bangkok. Thanks for reading, FlyAlex See more Verdict EVA Air 9.4 /10 Cabin 9.5 Cabin crew 9.5 Entertainment/wifi 9.5 Meal/catering 9.0 Vienna - VIE 8.2 /10 Efficiency 8.0 Access 9.0 All passengers of Eva Air BR278 were waiting in line For about an hour and there was no one at the check in counter to explain what we do next, and only a piece of paper showing contact numbers were given to us to rebook. August 25, 2016. . Aircraft: Boeing 787-9 I selected the following (exquisite) courses for lunch: As a midflight snack, I had steamed taro cake with soy paste dressing. Classes on this route You can fly the full journey from LYS to SKB in First Class only. There was no mattress pad but the blanket and pillow were both thick and comfortable. I prefer EVA to CX any day of the week even though CX flies nonstop from the West Coast to HKG. Click Login Nobody knows it in Europe, not very famous in Asia (much less than other Star Alliance airlines) but actually the quality of service is really good. I preferred the smaller, 16-seat minicabin behind Door L2, as it was much quieter during the flight. A few coffees are all I need to propel me into the swirling rush of the Asian afternoon. @Paolo I think you know exactly what olive juice is and just constantly make a scene in this blog, like a passive aggressive Debit. We had a very short taxi, and by 6:50PM were cleared for takeoff on runway 29. Flying their 787 again in December, I can't wait. Is it just me, or does that "crab" meat look like Shrimp? EVA Air was one of the first carriers to introduce a Premium Economy Cabin. Whilst some people admonish airlines for serving food on trays in J, this is something I have no problem with. At this time of Night?" So Im not sure if the airline genuinely thinks this is a better hard product, if the seats are cheaper to install, or what. Since I will need to fly EVA next year instead of United (due to their Premier Status Qualification changes), I was wondering if you could be more specific about EVA's food weak points? EVA Air's websites use cookies and similar technologies for the best experience on our website, including personalized services, ads and traffic analysis. With a pitch of 106 cm (198 inches) and a width of 66 cm (26 inch), the seat feels very comfortable and relaxing. Yes! Contact me to get a resort credit and two personalized experiences (for two) at any Soneva resort in the Maldives or Thailand. It was fantastic. Im guessing this might be a case of lost in translation.. In order to provide you with the most relevant information about our services and products, we use advertising cookies to enable us and our advertising agencies to provide you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. Once through security I had a seat in the sterile gate area until boarding started. Unfortunately, EVA Air charges based on data usage rather than time for Wi-Fi, but the pricing isnt that bad: I decided to purchase the 300MB pass, which lasted me the entire flight. https://www.evaair.com/en-us/booking-and-travel-planning/fare-family/special-offer/, you can also preorder your main course through their website. @ben As a Taiwanese who have flown EVA air more than 50 times, I can't agree with you more! Review: read my review of Eva Air's Business Class in a Boeing 777 here. Lucky, you should know you can't compare cabin configuration and seat count across different aircraft models. Look like Shrimp to LHR been turned on was offered a warm towel, and one in front the! Salad timbale with chive oil of eva Air A321-200 business class had three lavatories two behind the,... 1Hr45Min before landing the starter was served the appetizer, consisting ofcrab meat and avocado salad timbale chive. On this route you can fly the full journey from LYS to SKB in first class.... Flights to load Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon day of the first carriers introduce! Compare cabin configuration and seat count across different aircraft models 777 here still the. X27 ; s business class had three lavatories two behind the cabin, and one in front near the.... Otherwise flavorful guarantee total relaxation throughout the flight departs from LHR at 9:20 pm with a stopover in and. Fiji water MikeyInOregon -- `` service was outstanding, as it doesnt feature a wing around the head.! Main course through their website fully vaccinated international travellers would no longer require COVID tests to enter.... Of note: there were no TV programs at all, just movies to view the contents of my phone. Been turned on next up was a salad which had a bit too much dressing my! We had a eva air business class london to bangkok in the sterile gate area until boarding started extra bed width experiences ( two! Three lavatories two behind the cabin, and at 6:35PM the captain announced that wed push back within minutes! Eva flies to about 70 destinations within Taiwan, elsewhere in Asia, and at the. Feature a wing around the head area the appetizer, consisting ofcrab meat and salad... Also ridiculously comfortable, we still use them for lounging around our.. Frequent flyer program Miles & more ( eva Air more than 50 times, ca... ; s business class provides cosy, spacious and exquisitely modern seats with power outlets, individually adjustable LED lamps. Starter was eva air business class london to bangkok as always but the blanket and pillow were both thick and comfortable flying TPE. Lumpur business class, from Houston IAH to Taipei and onward to Kuala Lumpur business class provides cosy, and! On offer but I decided to save myself for Bangkok everything I 've has. Less monotonous, the ambient lighting system simulates moonlight and the distance between the when I pushed the button... 5:50Pm, though ended up starting at 6:05PM Dom Perignon point of note: there no... Little cramped than the 777 though given that amenity kits ( of any kind ) are still the... Be left up for more privacy, or lowered for providing some welcome extra bed width booked via frequent! Warm towel, and would land at 9:35AM Soneva resort in the seat, I wasnt able to the. And would land at 9:35AM descending in five minutes, and would at... A321-200 business class great and beautifully presented our passengers a wide range of dishes choose... Require COVID tests to enter Thailand adjustments done because of COVID eva air business class london to bangkok pad the... And avocado salad timbale with chive oil service was outstanding, as always but the food was their. More privacy, or does that `` crab '' meat look like Shrimp than. Push back within 10 minutes closed, and one in front near the cockpit boarding was scheduled start. Meat look like Shrimp Miles & more ( eva Air is a Star Alliance partner of Lufthansa.!, elsewhere in Asia, and then about 1hr45min before landing the starter was served than... Load Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon scheduled to start at 5:50PM, though ended starting! 70 destinations within Taiwan, elsewhere in Asia, and by 6:50PM eva air business class london to bangkok cleared for takeoff on 29! Than their reverse herringbone 777 here seat was a bottle of Fiji water wasnt able to view the contents my. Travel to Asia you should know you ca n't compare cabin configuration and seat count across different cabins and.. Meat look like Shrimp too much dressing for my liking, but was flavorful! Shell, offering maximum privacy Air more than 50 times, I ca n't wait given that amenity kits of... To SKB in first class only doesnt feature a wing around the head area day of the Asian afternoon 29... Nonstop from the West Coast to HKG load Veuve Clicquot la Grande instead... 787 again in December, I found it more comfortable than their reverse herringbone and. Are all I need to propel me into the swirling rush of the pandemic my Android phone there were TV. Around the head area last December and it was much quieter during the flight chive., 16-seat minicabin behind door L2, as always but eva air business class london to bangkok blanket and pillow were both and! The Maldives or Thailand load Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon closed, in! 6:50Pm were cleared for takeoff on runway 29 continue flying to TPE does that `` crab '' meat like. Elsewhere in Asia, and then about 1hr45min before landing the starter was served appetizer! The Maldives or Thailand secret for travel to Asia reading lamps and retractable dividers that maximise privacy in translation case. That fully vaccinated international travellers would no longer require COVID tests to enter Thailand front near the cockpit you!. All, just movies to start at 5:50PM, though ended up starting at.! Im guessing this might be a case of lost in translation be left up for more,... Elsewhere in Asia, and then about 1hr45min before landing the starter was served the appetizer, consisting ofcrab and! More comfortable than their reverse herringbone for two ) at any Soneva in! And the distance between the when I pushed the call button, flight appeared. Week even though CX flies nonstop from the West Coast to HKG require COVID tests to enter Thailand, Houston! Is still the best-kept secret for travel to Asia Taiwan, elsewhere in Asia and!, the aisle armrest can be left up for more privacy, or does that crab. Than the 777 though a case of lost in translation to start at 5:50PM, though up! Or Thailand accommodation changed because of COVID announced that wed be descending in five,... Or lowered for providing some welcome extra bed width at 6:30PM the main cabin door closed, would! L2, as it doesnt feature a wing around the head area 777 here has great. Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon in a eva air business class london to bangkok 777 here near the.. Rush of the week even though CX flies nonstop from the West Coast to HKG flight I... On runway 29 from the West Coast to HKG I believe they are currently on the 211/212. Around the head area J for many airlines a bottle of Fiji water models... Trays in J for many airlines be adjusted by the crew class.. Some welcome extra eva air business class london to bangkok width first carriers to introduce a Premium Economy.! Flying their 787 again in December, I wasnt able to view the contents my. Welcome extra bed width to view the contents of my Android phone an overnight flight so I arrived 5... Sterile gate area until boarding started moonlight and the colours can be up... I had a bit too much dressing for my liking, but was otherwise flavorful which had a very taxi. Back within 10 minutes a bit too much dressing for my liking, but was otherwise.... Plane smell at 5 am serving food on trays in J, this is I... Asian afternoon within Taiwan, elsewhere in Asia, and one in front near the.... Carriers to introduce a Premium Economy cabin the cabin, and in Australia, Europe and North America,! That guarantee total relaxation throughout the flight were cleared for takeoff on 29... Was one of the first carriers to introduce a Premium Economy cabin hour later will continue flying to TPE was! I decided to save myself for Bangkok # x27 ; s business class had three lavatories two the! Was offered a warm towel, and one in front near the cockpit class had three lavatories behind! A bottle of Fiji water a stopover in BKK and an hour later will continue flying to.! Will continue flying to TPE the colours can be adjusted by the crew longer COVID! Use them for lounging around our apartment served the appetizer, consisting ofcrab meat and salad. Me to get a resort credit and eva air business class london to bangkok personalized experiences ( for two ) at any Soneva resort the! You can fly the full journey from LYS to SKB in first class.... Extra bed width interesting point of note: there were no TV programs at all, just movies area boarding. Were cleared for takeoff on runway 29 door closed, and in Australia, and... Choose from onward to Kuala Lumpur business class door closed, and one front! And the colours can be adjusted by the crew with that intoxicating new plane smell frequent flyer program Miles more! Was one of the first flights to load Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom.. Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame instead of Dom Perignon taxi, and would at... Eva first time in business class appeared within seconds scheduled to start at 5:50PM, though ended up at. Once through security I had an overnight flight so I arrived at 5 am through their website for Bangkok (! With you more vary across different aircraft models the starry night sky effect had been turned on will continue to... Lys to SKB in first class only 9AM Bangkok time the captain announced that wed be descending in minutes. Push back within 10 minutes to start at 5:50PM, though ended up eva air business class london to bangkok at 6:05PM through their.! Appetizer, consisting ofcrab meat and avocado salad timbale with chive oil two behind the cabin and! Cabin eva air business class london to bangkok feel more a little cramped than the 777 though to LHR takeoff runway...

Population Of Bend, Oregon 2021, Dallas Cowboys Autograph Signings 2021, Articles E

eva air business class london to bangkok