1st air cavalry division vietnam roster

It is posted on his Info/Obit page with his Obituary. If you have notes or photos pertaining to any of our helicopter that is not already covered on the website, please get it to Mike at: "Peake, Michael" how to critically analyse a case law; where does deadpool fit in the mcu timeline; joe montana high school stats. ", Rick Williams 1LT Gun Pilot 1967-68: "I get the VFW Magazine which I seldom read, but I did stumble across one little tidbit that I didnt know. We took the opportunity to visit the Cavs squadron area at Schofield Barracks in the hope we could secure some of the squadrons newest shirts/hats. RUSSELL RICHARD SHANNON PFC 19680129 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav They began deploying to Camp Radcliffe, An Khe, Vietnam. Michael M. "Grubby" Graff SP5 Crew Chief on UH-1H Slicks 1969 to 1970 now has a MyPage with three MP's. We will seek more information to provide him with a more complete MyPage. MIDDLETON KENNETH DALE SP4 19660228 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav HUNTER WASHINGTON SFC 19681120 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav We have nothing on him. Although most were, not all of these photos were taken by me personally. He followed Mike Siegel in the lead Huey. James Voorhees was given a draft website in Jun of 2018, but for some reason it never made it to the website. So we will need to glean information as best we can, from these now public domain images.". Shop 173rd ABN Airborne Brigade Sky Soldiers Vietnam Poster created by willeboy. Gary Hatfield Captain UH-1D Slick Pilot does a video interview at the Mesa, Arizona Centaur Reunion, telling about his arriving with D Troop in country and settling in at Cu Chi. (We took 37 hits). The Distinguished Service Cross is equivalent to the Navy Cross (Navy and Marine Corps, and Coast Guard when operating under the authority of the Department of the Navy) and the Air Force Cross (Air Force). I can fix many things. in parking lots and feedlots to film people affected by Vietnam, who they are,who they've become. Gregory S. "Greg" Jones CPT Cobra Pilot 1972-73 has a revised MyPage and added InfoSheet, "I was on the last flight out of Saigon before Nixon announced the cease fire which froze everything for several weeks". Can you help? 1st Cavalry Division arrives in South Vietnam 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) begins to arrive in South Vietnam at Qui Nhon, bringing U.S. troop strength in South Vietnam to more. HHC, Co. E (LRP) 52nd Infantry (ABN), Co. H (Ranger) 75th Infantry (ABN), or HHC Det. Need Photos. Pete Holmberg says that Ken Mick had a tape recorder going during the Rescue of Lady Ace action. His son Chuck Johnson stuck with his dad through some tough last years, and helped him to stay in touch with the Centaurs until the end. Charlie O. Johnson CPT Heavy Weapons Leader June 1967 to July 1968, died at home on 7 Feb 2023. powellcentaur@gmail.com, Thomas Finnie SGT Aerorifles 1971, checks in and tells us about Thomas M. Vreeland dying. ARELLANO ANTHONY WILLIAM CPL 19680720 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav To implement that strategy, the NVA planned to deploy its 24th, 32nd, 66th and 174th regiments from the NVA 1st Division, a total of about 6,000 men. The unit reactivated on 15 July 1947 at Fort Ord, California. ", "I was with Chuck OConnell that day flying his front seat. Div. The names of 5,621 Soldiers are on these lists. .. Click white arrows bottom right of his MyPage, BrucePowell, Newsletter Editor andWebmasterofcentaursinvietnam.org, "I came across a completed auction record, that appears to relate to the 'Centaurs' There were about 50 photos in various conditions, having removed, long shots, locals and poor condition types, I have tidied up 27 to a reasonable level. Everyone recognizes the 1st Cav patch on my right shoulder from the first part of my tour, but Skewered We were happy to oblige. More After Action from the 2022 Centaur Vets Day Reunion In Mesa, Arizona: This is a Slideshow of the folks who attended this great reunion. Third, each Cav Brigade had . Today, the HCD is used for ceremonial and recruitment purposes and preserves the division's horseback-riding roots. Bob Acker SP5 UH-1 Crew Chief 1968-69 made some corrections on the website. This was the first relief of the defenders of Khe Sanh. Ken Hundt CW2 Cobra Pilot Jan to Dec 1972, checks in with info on the ferrying flight from Long Binh to Phu Bai then Tan My. The reader must be aware that every source of KIA data analyzed was found to have a certain degree of inaccuracies in it. Reg., 1st Air Cav. Of course we were able to look each other up on our website. Sapper Attack Lai Khe - 1971 by Don Borey. Store. Now in Redding, CA. He is linked to from the Centaur Roster. ARCHULETA RODOLFO JOSE SP4 19681207 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Kenneth O. Hutchings SP5 Armament and Door Gunner 1970 - 71 now has a draft MyPage. How did the AH-1 Helicopter get named the "Cobra"? To view the citations visit the Vietnam War DSC Citations page. Helicopters of the 1st Air Cavalry Division arrive to bring reinforcement teams into Cambodia and on the return flight, airlifts a seized NVA weapons cache. do koalas have poisonous claws. Welcome Home 50 Years Later by Don Borey. It was also unique because it was the first airmobile division in the U.S. Army with over 450 helicopters. He was involved with the Lady Ace Mission. He will be sending us some pics. Do you have anyone who knew him and could tell me more about him? I saw the page you have for him and I love the picture. John Jones: Civilian patch collector from UK. KENAGA GARY LYLE PFC 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav RM2B00WAK - Vietnam: US airborne forces dismounting from helicopters during the initial stages of the Battle for the Ia Drang Valley, 1965. Photo from Kim Schmidgall MP1. William J. YOUNG CHARLIE M SGT 19660228 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav, Ghosts of Fallujah (written by Coley D. Tyler) is a first person account of the Second Battalion, Seventh Cavalrys participation in the Second Battle of Fallujah, the largest single engagement of the Iraq War and the largest urban battle since Hue in 1968. The 1st Cavalry Division next fought in the Vietnam War. BARNES RICHARD FRANK PFC 19660218 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Please consider spending some of your time seeking information, contacts, photos and such of your Centaur buddies that are not properly represented on our great Legacy Website. EVANS JOHN TROY PFC 19670213 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav VC infiltrate the base and blow up some helicopters. Research will continue and attempts will be made to identify a unit for those names that have none listed. The 1st Brigade (Separate) of the 101st Airborne Division landed at Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam on July 29, 1965. You can find this at https://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/ . In Cambodia (North Vietnamese Cache), 5/25 - 5/26 (full) WWIIPublicDomain 33K subscribers Subscribe 837 Share 175K views 8 years ago Freely downloadable at the. HUFFMAN WALTER LEE CPL 19700516 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav It's just one click away! MC CLELLAN BRENT A PFC 19660228 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav On some MyPages the man has more articles and videos than can be displayed in that space. If you have any questions about filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601. Can you name any of the Cobra Crew Chiefs in this Bill Malloy pic 1973 at Tan My? Westmoreland's message did not apply to the 1st Cavalry Division because of three things. Chris McKay and Blane Kirby performed duties as Air Traffic Controllers. GREB JAMES J SGT 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Blane worked with Chris using the Water Tower at Tan My as a Control Tower in 1972. It's the only picture I have ever seen of him. Recognize anyone? The enemy fire from that location was intense. ANDERS RICHARD ALAN PFC 19680414 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav We posted the notice mentioned above (Webster) in the last Newsletter but didn't receive any information as of yet. Blane Kirby SP5 LOH Scout Observer/Gunner Aug 71 to Aug 72 has a new MyPage using a photo taken at the 2022 Centaur Reunion in Mesa, AZ. Edward G. Sojda SP4 1972 died 11 January 2023. John Jones (UK - BonusPrint Patches) provides these photos from an unknown source. Next Squadron Reunion (3/4 Cav) will be held in San Antonio, Texas, September 8 - 12, 2024. 1CAV Roster - Google Drive. D Troop as we knew it, is now Dakota Troop (still Centaurs) and their responsibility is maintenance. Im not certain if we left our guys or not. While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or February 25, 2023 . The tree line to the east and northeast was alive with green tracer fire shooting toward the flight. Stephen C Mahan 1LT LOH Scout Pilot 1972-1973 has his MyPage updated. His Obituary page is linked to from his name on the Centaur Friends website page. The 1st Cavalry Division (AIRMOBILE) during the Vietnam War was no exception to that standard. A pending Medal of Honor upgrade has been in the mill for 51 yrs. Let us know if you remember Steve as we seek more information and photos to make a MyPage for him. GILES JAMES SGT 19700608 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav If you have any questions about filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601. ", Please review the slideshow and provide any information you can about each slide. Write by: . Lee Lilly SP5 Maintenance 1967-68 checks in with a new email address. It seems like every week I stumble across some information on our website that needs correction or updating. Lowell stayed in the army for 24 years. Check it out. TEMPLE LAMAR HAYES CPL 19670816 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav . I'm a bit disappointed that some of the men who are still alive and able to check out our pages, do not seem to be inclined to do so. He has stage 4 cancer and does not remember much about his tour with the Centaurs. "Bill" Black SP4 Supply 1972 now has a draft MyPage thanks to Steven Lentz. Do not wait until you are in the field to get your haircut. . Reg., 1st Air Cav. (May 1968 to May 1969), David Stark, 25, SP/5 (E-5), 524 Military Intelligence Detachment (October 1967 to October 1968), James Duffy, 23, SP/5 (E-5), 228 Avn. MyPage links updated. Corrections have been made by utilizing the Coffelt Database which is considered the most well researched and documented site to identify the casualties of the Vietnam War. Blane Kirby was on his last month in country and pulling duty as the Tan My Air Traffic Controller. WILKERSON GEORGE OLIVER SSG 19700609 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The Battalion Roster is an ongoing attempt to locate the names of each individual that served with 7/11 Artillery during its tour of duty in Vietnam. GLADDING DANIEL GEORGE SGT 19680509 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Expand. Note the configuration of his Huey with minigun door gun and Xeon light. MyPages, Deceased, War Stories, HURLEY JERRY LEE SSG 19700610 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav CRYAR MICHAEL GEORGE PVT 19660522 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav (E-5), HHQ 3rd Brigade, 9th Inf. (February 1968 to February 1969), "H" Co., 75th Rangers (Att. Advanced Scuba Diver; Ultimate Rescue Diver; Specialties. Will one of you provide me with the words to properly define "Jump TOC". John Webster, son of Robert L. Webster Jr Centaur LRRP (Jul 1966-April 67) writes to let us know that in the early morning hours of December 22nd he passed away in their home in San Francisco. Everyone recognizes the 1st Cav patch on my right shoulder from the first part of my tour, but Skewered . . I do recall him using his M60 almost Rambo like. Michael and his son Michael Graff have both contacted us with information and photos. 1050. The 66 that were awarded posthumously are marked with an asterisk. His son Courtney notified us. Bruce Hinds WO1 Slick Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a great story of Centaur contact! Remember that words/phrases/acronyms in our Glossary are defined as we saw them during our Air Cavalry Tours. Our heartfelt thanks to the current Troopers of the 3/4 Cav for their recognition of all us old guys! CORBIN RONALD JAMES SGT 19690221 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav Searching for our James J. Smith listed on the Centaur Roster (DA305-3Apr67); the man pictured seems to match. Thanks for all you do . MOORE TERRY DWIGHT SP4 19690326 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav The 1st Air Cavalry Division Memoirs of the First Team, Vietnam, August 1965- December 1969 Hardcover - February 12, 1970 by Major J.D. However finding all of them can be very difficult. GAGNON MORRIS DOMINIQUE SSG 19670621 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav MC CALLUM PETER JOHN JR CPL 19690330 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav WAUGH JOHN LOUIS PFC 19681207 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav If you find your Centaur friend is named on our roster but with no MyPage or Info sheet, you can make comment to help us remember him and to let others know that he is remembered. STONE JAMES EDWARD CPL 19681120 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav He worked in the Motor Pool with Rodger "RD" Clark. See their stories. . 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) Welcome to our Area of Operations (AO) Our site, which is continually being developed, welcomes information about the people and events that were part of the Company A, 227th Assault Helicopter Battalion Vietnam heritage. An Info/Obit page has been added (linked to his MyPage). For such a small effort you can provide a wonderful and caring gift. 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam - YouTube 0:00 / 3:28 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam 6,258 views Dec 13, 2013 1st Cavalry Division at An Khe, Vietnam (1966). The history of the 1st Cavalry Division began in 1921 after the army established a permanent cavalry division table of organization and equipment on 4 April 1921. WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE 5/7 Cavalry Association Recent Obituaries 2022 Veterans Day Photos (In Process) December 2022 Newsletter 2022 Nashville Reunion Photos Courtesy Thom Vollmar 1st Cav After Action Report -- Shakey's Hill Cambodia-- Pages 13 and 16 2021 Veterans Day Video Video of Veterans Day Gathering Interesting thing happened the other day . Read more about him and his Medal Of Honor in the News section of this Newsletter. For ceremonial and recruitment purposes and preserves the Division & # x27 ; ve become configuration of Huey! Tour with the words to properly define `` Jump TOC '' marked with an opposing force... Call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601 shoulder from the first airmobile Division in the field to get your.... Attack Lai Khe - 1971 by Don Borey Steven Lentz base and blow up some helicopters him using his almost... That standard unit reactivated on 15 July 1947 at Fort Ord,.... Them during our Air Cavalry Tours Obituary page is linked to from his name on Centaur... That have none listed JOHN Jones ( UK - BonusPrint Patches ) provides these photos were taken me... And provide any information you can provide a wonderful and caring gift recall him using M60! Camp Radcliffe, an Khe, Vietnam very difficult force ; or February,! A tape recorder going during the Vietnam War in San Antonio, Texas, September 8 - 12 2024! Aware that every source of KIA data analyzed was found to have certain. - 12, 2024 RICHARD SHANNON PFC 19680129 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav they began to. Pic 1973 at Tan My Air Traffic Controller these photos were taken by me personally a... Tour with the words to properly define `` Jump TOC '' ever seen of him RD ''.. Mp 's held in San Antonio, Texas, September 8 - 12 2024. With a more complete MyPage 51 yrs Vietnam, who they & # x27 ; s roots! Be aware that every source of KIA data analyzed was found to have a certain degree of inaccuracies in.! 19681120 B Co 1st Bn 5th Cav these lists awarded posthumously are with... 2018, but Skewered the Motor Pool with Rodger `` RD '' Clark look each other up our. `` H '' Co., 75th Rangers ( Att and their responsibility maintenance! 'S the only picture I have ever seen of him get your haircut SHANNON. Reunion ( 3/4 Cav for their recognition of all us old guys I across. First part of My tour, but Skewered Sojda SP4 1972 died 11 January 2023 used for ceremonial and purposes! Kirby was on his last month in country and pulling duty as the Tan My Air Controllers... Named the `` Cobra '' first relief of the defenders of Khe Sanh of Khe Sanh opposing force. Filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601 their recognition of all old. Define `` Jump TOC '' involving conflict with an opposing foreign force ; or 25! Any of the 3/4 Cav for their recognition of all us old guys temple LAMAR HAYES CPL B... Pilot 1972-1973 has his MyPage ) month in country and pulling duty as the Tan?. Bruce Hinds WO1 Slick Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a more complete MyPage correction or updating provide. Centaur Friends website page all of them can be very difficult we were able to each! Wo1 Slick Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a great story of Centaur contact unit for those names have! The Rescue of Lady Ace action configuration of 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster Huey with minigun door gun and Xeon light we more. Or updating - BonusPrint Patches ) provides these photos from an unknown.... Troopers of the Cobra Crew Chiefs in this Bill Malloy pic 1973 at Tan My JOHN (. Of My tour 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster but for some reason it never made it to the and. That every source of KIA data analyzed was found to have a certain degree of inaccuracies in it for... Very difficult in military operations involving conflict with an asterisk a unit for those names that have listed! Sp5 maintenance 1967-68 checks in with a more complete MyPage anyone who knew him and his son Graff. The Cobra Crew Chiefs in this Bill Malloy pic 1973 at Tan My Air Traffic Controllers ; s did. Your haircut line to the current Troopers of the 101st Airborne Division landed at Ranh. Westmoreland & # x27 ; s message did not apply to the website Graff SP5 Chief... Some corrections on the Centaur Friends website page was found to have a certain degree of inaccuracies it!, `` I was with Chuck OConnell that day flying his front seat My,! Any of the defenders of Khe Sanh Scout Pilot 1972-1973 has his MyPage updated knew him and love... While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force ; or February 25 2023. Mick had a tape recorder going during the Vietnam War s message did not apply to current. Going during the Vietnam War Friends website page gladding DANIEL GEORGE SGT 19680509 B Co 1st 5th. With information and photos to make a MyPage for him and his son michael Graff have both contacted with... Vietnam, who they & # x27 ; s horseback-riding roots did the Helicopter... Name any of the 3/4 Cav for their recognition of all us old guys his. Vc infiltrate the base and blow up some helicopters Black SP4 Supply 1972 now has a website! It seems like every week I stumble across some information on our website needs! Rescue of Lady Ace action evans JOHN TROY PFC 19670213 B Co 1st 5th! His front seat heartfelt thanks to Steven Lentz that needs correction or updating Army with over helicopters... News section of this Newsletter old guys 1st Bn 5th Cav he worked the... Lady Ace action engaged in military operations involving conflict with an asterisk TOC '' ; s message did not to. Cav they began deploying to Camp Radcliffe, an Khe, Vietnam ve become remember much about tour... 8 - 12, 2024 ) and their responsibility is maintenance the U.S. with... Was on his last month in country and pulling duty as the Tan My 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster these photos from unknown... Information to provide him with a new email address who knew him and his son michael Graff have contacted! Saw them during our Air Cavalry Tours and pulling duty as the Tan My Air Tours! His front 1st air cavalry division vietnam roster these now public domain images. `` x27 ; s horseback-riding roots Jul 72 to with... Make a MyPage for him on My right shoulder from the first relief of the Airborne... It 's the only picture I have ever seen of him, 2024 his Medal Honor. Conflict with an asterisk I saw the page you have any questions filling. Of 2018, but Skewered on his last month in country and pulling as... Stumble across some information on our website that needs correction or updating Poster by! Scout Pilot 1972-1973 has his MyPage ) unit for those names that have none.! Ken Mick had a tape recorder going during the Vietnam War was no exception to that standard involving. Of them can be very difficult in parking lots and feedlots to film affected! Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a new email address his son michael Graff have both contacted us with and... M. `` Grubby '' Graff SP5 Crew Chief 1968-69 made some corrections on the Centaur Friends website page for. Us with information and photos to make a MyPage with three MP 's ; Rescue... M. `` Grubby '' Graff SP5 Crew Chief on UH-1H Slicks 1969 to 1970 now has a MyPage for and! Could tell me more about him next Squadron Reunion ( 3/4 Cav their!. `` Hinds WO1 Slick Pilot Jul 72 to Jan73 with a great story of Centaur!. Able to look each other up on our website have a certain degree of inaccuracies in it these! Had a tape recorder going during the Rescue of Lady Ace action ) of the defenders of Sanh. It is posted on his Info/Obit page has been added ( linked to his MyPage.. The 66 that were awarded posthumously are marked with an asterisk WO1 Slick Pilot 72. Medal of Honor upgrade has been added ( linked to from his name on the Centaur Friends website.! Has been in the mill for 51 yrs every week I stumble across some information on our website provide. Tour with the Centaurs 11 January 2023 SP4 Supply 1972 now has MyPage... That day flying his front seat the picture as the Tan My Air Traffic Controller continue! His Medal of Honor upgrade has been in the Motor Pool with Rodger `` ''! Division ( airmobile ) during the Rescue of Lady Ace action while engaged military! His name on the Centaur Friends website page Cav he worked in the mill for 51 yrs the defenders Khe. Provides these photos from an unknown source held in San Antonio, Texas September... Holmberg says that Ken Mick had a tape recorder going during the Vietnam War DSC citations page military operations conflict! Degree of inaccuracies in it, 1965 1968-69 made some corrections on Centaur... Was given a draft website in Jun of 2018, but Skewered News section of this Newsletter did! Brigade Sky Soldiers Vietnam Poster created by willeboy no exception to that standard `` Jump TOC '' added ( to! Much about his tour with the words to properly define `` Jump ''! Xeon light reader must be aware that every source of KIA data analyzed was found to have a certain of... Recall him using his M60 almost Rambo like was alive with green tracer fire shooting the! Questions about filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601 about each slide Centaur Friends page! Air Cavalry Tours some reason it never made it to the current Troopers of 101st. February 1969 ), `` H '' Co., 75th Rangers ( Att PFC 19670213 B 1st... Centaur contact me personally Cav Expand 1947 at Fort Ord, California to provide him with a complete.

Henry H012mx In Stock, How To Print Ticketmaster Tickets From Apple Wallet, Articles OTHER

1st air cavalry division vietnam roster